Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles

Guest Aden+Belle forever

I think it’s brilliant!!!

After watching the films initially I was very sceptical about the serious but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the first season and couldn’t wait for the second. We’re on episode two in the UK but I’ve yet to watch the one from last night. It’s interesting that they’ve decided to employ the lead singer of Garbage to play what appears to be quite a significant role (I think the directory said he was a fan of Garbage). I’m really looking forward to see how things develop this season.

Just thought I would give this thread a little bump.

Ok the first episode. At the end of the last season when Cameron started the truck and it blew up I wasn’t sure if she would be back to be honest. It reminded me of the first terminator film when he got blown up in the truck and all the living tissue melted away. That would have been an excuse to replace her with someone else. I’m glad that that theory I had was completely wrong.

It’s interesting how the explosion seemed to reset Cameron’s programming back to her defaults i.e. terminate John Connor. And there was a part where he was about to finish her off and she practically begging him “John I love you and I know you love me” (I wonder what the writers were trying to suggest by that scene). Afterwards she even said to Sarah that John had made a mistake by not terminating her although I don’t think they will stand a snowball’s chance in hell of surviving without her. I guess that turn has set up potential for some interesting episodes this season as we already know that Sarah has completely lost trust in her.

So we know the reason why the main terminator sparred the FBI agent at the end of last season. Because he thought he would track down Sarah and John eventually so he was more useful alive.

I wasn’t sure what role Shirley Manson would be playing initially but it appears as though she is a T-1000 impersonating a CEO at a company. We probably won’t find out what the significance of this is until later on in the season.

Slade - I agree with you about Cameron, I couldnt imagine the show without her if Im honest.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Surely Sarah would have lost trust in Cameron so it will be interesting to see what happens. There is bound to be some friction between the 3 of them (Sarah, Cameron and John), especially in the dangerous situations they always seem to find themselves in

Im not sure why the main terminator spared the last FBI agent, but it will be interesting to see how the writers explain it

I don’t think there will be a problem as far as John is concerned. I think the trust issue lies with Sarah. If you remember in T2 the film there was a part when they took his chip out and they were going to change the mode of the CPU from Read-Only to learn. I remember that Sarah was going to crush the processor with a hammer but John stopped her. I’m sure that will cross Sarah’s mind as there is no way now they can predict what will happen with Cameron.

It was actually revealed in the first episode why the terminator spared the FBI agent (I can’t remember his name). There was a scene where they were both outside the former place of Sarah and co. The FBI Agent went up to the terminator and told him that he would never lead them to him and he thought that was the reason why he didn’t kill him. The terminator didn’t actually see him as a threat and as he was hunting Sarah for quite a while, obviously believes it’s just a matter of time before he finds them. So he is actually more useful to the terminator alive as he could lead him to Sarah and ultimately John.

Now that the FBI Agent believes Sarah’s story it will be interesting to see what happens if and when he does catch up with them.

I don’t think there will be a problem as far as John is concerned. I think the trust issue lies with Sarah. If you remember in T2 the film there was a part when they took his chip out and they were going to change the mode of the CPU from Read-Only to learn. I remember that Sarah was going to crush the processor with a hammer but John stopped her. I’m sure that will cross Sarah’s mind as there is no way now they can predict what will happen with Cameron.

It was actually revealed in the first episode why the terminator spared the FBI agent (I can’t remember his name). There was a scene where they were both outside the former place of Sarah and co. The FBI Agent went up to the terminator and told him that he would never lead them to him and he thought that was the reason why he didn’t kill him. The terminator didn’t actually see him as a threat and as he was hunting Sarah for quite a while, obviously believes it’s just a matter of time before he finds them. So he is actually more useful to the terminator alive as he could lead him to Sarah and ultimately John.

Now that the FBI Agent believes Sarah’s story it will be interesting to see what happens if and when he does catch up with them.

The reason I mentioned John is because even though the trust issue lies with Sarah and Cameron, surely John will have to make a decision sooner or later about who to trust. Does he take a risk and trust Cameron, who will surely keep him safe but would be unpredictable, or does he stay with Sarah, who would look after him no doubt but would not be able to protect him like Cameron would

Interesting theory on the FBI agent. I wonder who the terminator will catch up with first. Surely he will meet up with one of them sooner or later ?

• 6 months later...

Archived