Summer Bay's Romeo and Juliet

Guest Adelle2008

Story Title: Unsettled

Story description: Belle is having a hard time coping without Aden.

Type of story: short fic

Main Characters: Aden, Belle, Geoff, Nicole, Irene

BTTB rating: G

Chapter 2

“I know dealing with the end of a relationship is difficult, but in time you’ll feel better as they say time may heal”

Yeah and what did Geoff know about moving on from relationships, it wasn’t like he has had many girlfriends, Belle thought to herself.

“Yeah, I know but its just so hard not to think about him, I mean we have been through so much together, he’s always been there”, Belle spoke honestly. “I know I feel like sometimes I want to strangle him, but I love him Geoff. I love Aden”.

“Okay, well maybe you should tell him that”

“I know but I can’t because of…”

“Angelo?”

“Yeah”

“Belle, look you need to tell Angelo and Aden the truth, lying is just…just wrong”

The last thing Belle wanted to hear was Geoff’s Christian attitudes as this very irritating to Belle.

“I know its wrong to use a person, but Angelo has just gotten out of hospital I can’t tell him now”

“Okay then when would be the right time? Breaking up isn’t an easy task…is there ever a right time?” Geoff said persuasively.

Belle took a deep breath.

“I really think you should do it sooner rather than later”. Geoff concluded.

Belle sat on the couch silently in deep thought about what Geoff had just said.

{Roman’s Place}

“Oi, turn that music down!” Roman yelled.

“Okay, take a chill pill…It’s just music” Nicole said as she danced around the room.

“NICOLE, I’m serious, turn the music down get upstairs and do your homework.”

“Alright! I’m going jeez...”

Aden was sitting on the floor in the lounge room revising the advanced calculus Belle had shown him how to do the previous night. When Nicole threw hissy fits and didn’t get her own way Aden couldn’t help but snicker.

“Hey Nic, you better get a move on, otherwise Roman might take away your precious hairstraightner, oh no! Then you’ll have to go to school with fizzy hair”. Aden said jokingly. Nicole spent at least twenty minutes each day straightening her hair in the morning.

{Diner}

Belle was working around midday she thought this might help take her mind of things and avoid Angelo. Nevertheless, things weren’t running smoothly for Belle.

“Arrgh”

“What’s the problem now?” Irene said curiously.

“The coffee is too cold, meat isn’t tender enough, all they do is complain!”

“Okay girly, calm down…why don’t you go and have a break you’ve been working for the past 3 three hours”.

Belle frowned at Irene. She didn’t want to stop working as she wanted to escape her thoughts of Aden, Angelo and not to mention the major headache she had obtained during the last half an hour.

“No, I want to keep working”

“Um, love you look a little pale maybe you should take a break for 10 minutes”.

“Alright, 10 minutes”

It had been 35 minutes and Belle hadn’t returned Irene was confused and decided to go and look for Belle outside. Belle was sitting on the grass under a tree.

“Oi, isn’t it about time you got back to work”

“Not now Irene!”

“Listen girly, you’ve been gone for over 35 minutes, now its time to come back inside and start working”

Belle turned and faced Irene, her face was still pale.

“No, Just leave me alone” Belle said grumpily.

Belle stood up her and placed one hand on her stomach and the other across her mouth covering it.

“Irene I got to go” Belle ran the oppose direction.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: Makes references to Abuse and Suicide.

Chapter 3

{Beach House}

Geoff and Nicole were both on the couch kissing passionately when Belle arrived home.

“Why don’t you two get a room!” Belle walked passed them vigorously.

“What’s your problem?” leaning in for another kiss. But Geoff felt uncomfortable when Nicole kissed him infront of others. Belle was still in a grouchy mood and decided it was best for her to get some rest.

“Hey Nic, maybe we can watch a DVD or something, you know do something other than kissing for a while”

“Umm why is your tongue tired!”

“Nicole not so loudly Belle is in the next room”

“Alright we’ll watch a DVD”

“Wanna watch step up” Geoff suggested.

Nicole didn’t know Geoff secretly loved anything and everything to do with dancing. He and Belle both loved contemporary dance. Not only were they extremely talented as dancers but they both had exceptional voices. Geoff felt embarrassed singing infront of people, his sister Annie had no idea Geoff loved to sing and dance. Belle was the only one that knew Geoff’s dark secret. Belle on the other hand refused to sing and dance ever since her brother Ty died. Ty was 23 years old when he died. When he was seven he contracted HIV. His father had sexually abused him as a child. Like her brother Aden had also been abused as a child by his grandfather. Ty made Belle promise that she wouldn’t tell anyone, not even their little sister Rachel, who was the same age as Nicole. This meant that Belle was unable to tell Aden the truth about her brother. Her step-father Ty and Rachel’s father, use to come into Ty’s room at night and carry out horrifying acts of abuse. She was only five. Ty did not tell her sister “Taylor” as he liked to call her, about the mistreatment his father had inflicted on him as Belle had been a witness, one night Belle was getting ready for bed and she walked pass her brothers room and heard whispering.

“Shhh, it’s okay”

“Please stop it, don’t touch me”

The frightening thing was Ty’s father was a priest. Belle came from an extremely religious family. As Ty became older he didn’t reject Christianity, yet Belle did. Belle was severally traumatized as a child and couldn’t bring herself to enter a church, hold or read a bible, or even wear necklace with a cross on it. Before her step-father became so hostile with her brother, Belle respected religion and knew the entire bible off by heart. Witnessing her brother’s suffering wasn’t the only thing that Belle was troubled by; her mother had killed herself when she was six. It was just three weeks before her sixth birthday when Belle was trying to find her mother one day and found her bloodied in the bathtub. So not only did she hate religion, she hated her birthday. It reminded her too much of her troublesome past.

{Romans}

“Hey princess you’re home early, didn’t bible boy want you to stay the night?”

“Oh and where’s Belle? Sleeping in the same bed as Angelo I assume”

Aden felt defeated as well as feeling tremendously jealous.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that”

“You miss her don’t you?”

“What do you think, of course I miss her, and not that it’s any of your business!” Aden then headed up stairs miserably. It was only seven-thirty and Aden was fast asleep whereas Nicole was downstairs by herself deciding whether to watch Bondi rescue and drool over the guys’ six-packs or watch The Zoo. Flicking through the other channels there was a knock at the door.

“Just a minute”, hoping it was Geoff she fixed her hair quickly.

“Oh its you, what do you want”

“I….need to see… Aden” Belle said breathlessly.

“What for?”

Belle searched for a believable reason, but instead her lips started to shake.

“Umm...I...”

“Hey, you alright?” Nicole was sympathic.

“Come in”

“Th…thanks”

Nicole and Belle sat on the couch, now Belle was in tears. Nicole knew something was wrong.

“What’s wrong, you can tell me”

“I think I might be you know”

“What?”

“I’m late”

Nicole’s mind was still focused on the hot looking lifesavers on television. Then it clicked.

“Oh, you’re late”

“…right well…so you’re saying you’re definitely expecting”

“Um well I’m not sure”

“Well then why are you coming over here if you’re not sure?”

“I don’t know…I…well…maybe” Belle was lost for words, why did she come over, it wasn’t like it was the perfect time to tell her former boyfriend that she thought she might be having a child.

“I gotta go” Belle stood up quickly and headed for the door, before she could leave Nicole spoke.

“Well, if you’re not sure then you’ll need to take the test”.

“Yeah, I know”

“Well I’m here if you need someone to talk to”

“Do you think you could be there with me when I take the test?”

“Yeah sure”

A news update came on television before Belle left.

“Tonight at 11, 2 people dead in a house fire, four car pile up in Sydney west and 10 reported cases of food poisoning at Manley’s fish n chips.

“Oh my god!”

“What?"

"I was there two days ago”

“Where?”

“At Manley’s fish n chip shop, maybe that’s why I’ve been throwing up”

“Maybe or…you are pregnant”.

“I guess we’ll find out tomorrow then, see you at 10”

Archived