Stockholm Syndrome (by Louise_2983) - comments

monkeysmoke

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you love Nicole but the girl has got to learn to keep her opinions to herself. I know she loves Aden and all but never seems to consider Belles ones when shes constantly shooting her mouth off in this fic. This is the second time shes made Belle feel terrible for choosing to look out for herself instead of constantly putting Aden first. Belle loves Aden and thats good but she can't be expected to constantly put her own feelings aside about things so she doesn't hurt his feelings. I don't think Nicole sees this. She seems to think that Belle loving Aden means she has to constantly put him first even if it means not being able to deal with her own issues. Belle can't always be around to save Aden. If shes feeling protective of Aden then she could have told Belle all this properly without making her feel like the worst person in the world for putting her own needs first for once. I completely agreed with Belles decision to get away. Nicoles expectation that just because you love somebody you should put your own issues aside just because they can't cope without you is hardly what I call mature or an opinion that should be respected. I honestly wished Belle had held her ground about the decision she made(going away to sort herself out) being the right one. The only thing I respect about Nicole here is her loyalty to Aden.

I'd be excited for the mention of Melody but considering how much you love Nicole and Belles comment I'm already guessing that Geoff being with Melody and Melody herself is mean't to be hated.

Hopefully Aden will be more understanding to Belle. And with everything he put her through when he was pushing her away will realise that for once she needed to put herself first.

Please update soon.

Edited by enjoy the ride

Nicole caught Geoff with Melody?!...That's something I'd really love to see happen in the show...

“She’s pretty damn amazing. I mean if I wasn’t straight even I would!”

Loved that line.Can actually see both sides of the debate.I usually don't like it when people act as though Aden is somehow Belle's responsibility just because they used to date.But here I see Nicole's point:Aden's moved on with his life and doesn't need Belle coming in, deciding she wants him and dragging him away from his new girlfriend only for it all to go wrong again.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

I know you love Nicole but the girl has got to learn to keep her opinions to herself. I know she loves Aden and all but never seems to consider Belles ones when shes constantly shooting her mouth off in this fic. This is the second time shes made Belle feel terrible for choosing to look out for herself instead of constantly putting Aden first. Belle loves Aden and thats good but she can't be expected to constantly put her own feelings aside about things so she doesn't hurt his feelings. I don't think Nicole sees this. She seems to think that Belle loving Aden means she has to constantly put him first even if it means not being able to deal with her own issues. Belle can't always be around to save Aden. If shes feeling protective of Aden then she could have told Belle all this properly without making her feel like the worst person in the world for putting her own needs first for once. I completely agreed with Belles decision to get away. Nicoles expectation that just because you love somebody you should put your own issues aside just because they can't cope without you is hardly what I call mature or an opinion that should be respected. I honestly wished Belle had held her ground about the decision she made(going away to sort herself out) being the right one. The only thing I respect about Nicole here is her loyalty to Aden.

OK I feel the need to defend Nicole here. She wasn't angry as such because Belle put herself first and left but more about the fact that she left and didn't come back for 6 months without so much as contacting Aden once during that time. Belle herself feels guilty about just how long she stayed away without contacting anyone(she only ever left brief messages on the beach house answerphone) which was why she let Nicole rip into her the way she did. More will be revealed about why she did stay away for so long though.

Edit: And I do ship Geoff and Nicole so don't get your hopes up Melody fans!

Edited by Louise_2983

I can see why Nicole would feel like this. It's more the way she expresses that opinion of hers that gets to me. She makes it seem like being away from Aden all this time is a walk in the park for Belle. She never seems to care that this all isn't just hard on Aden but Belle as well. Considering what Belle went through just before leaving a little sympathy from Nicole wouldn't be asking for much.

As for Belle not calling. Was Nicole really expecting Belle to call Aden. Did she miss the point of why Belle had to leave? The whole idea of Belle leaving was because she felt the only way she could deal with this was to be away from everyone. If she thought she could be around Aden and still handle the stuff going on in her life then I'm sure she wouldn't have left in the first place leaving the people she considers her family behind. She needed to get away completely in order to focus on that. And calling Aden would have probably made her spend more time questioning her decision and worrying about him instead of getting herself together. I'm pretty sure that wasn't easy for her but it was what she to do.

These issues that Aden and epecially Belle lately have had aren't you're average teen angst stuff but rather serious ones so if shes going to have a go at someone for it then she should atleast be a little more mature and try and see it from both sides. It's the least she could do considering how serious some of the stuff Aden and Belle have been through.

Belle is dissappointing me abit as well. The thing I've always loved about her is how she sticks up for what she believes in. So I found it a little out character the way she didn't stick by her decision to leave. She made the right one choosing do something for herself for once and I hate the way shes letting Nicole make her feel guilty about it. And I'm sorry Belle believing Nicole could make her life hell, considering the way Belle used to be and what shes survived lately, the idea of Belle finding that nothing but highly amusing is certainly not in character with who she is. Unless you made a few tweaks and she isn't the same girl who went toe to toe with Amanda(who is ten times more imitating than Nicole could be) and didn't care or had more catfights with Mattie and Cassie than I can count and been kidnapped atleast twice and so much more.

I honestly don't mean this too sound in anyway that I don't think you are anything less than a brilliant writer because you are. It's just, what I felt was, Nicoles inability to try and see things from Belles side to Belle feeling very out of character in this one that made not enjoy this chapter as much as I have been enjoying the rest of this. I have no doubt that I'll be back to gushing about in the future.

I can see why Nicole would feel like this. It's more the way she expresses that opinion of hers that gets to me. She makes it seem like being away from Aden all this time is a walk in the park for Belle. She never seems to care that this all isn't just hard on Aden but Belle as well. Considering what Belle went through just before leaving a little sympathy from Nicole wouldn't be asking for much.

As for Belle not calling. Was Nicole really expecting Belle to call Aden. Did she miss the point of why Belle had to leave? The whole idea of Belle leaving was because she felt the only way she could deal with this was to be away from everyone. If she thought she could be around Aden and still handle the stuff going on in her life then I'm sure she wouldn't have left in the first place leaving the people she considers her family behind. She needed to get away completely in order to focus on that. And calling Aden would have probably made her spend more time questioning her decision and worrying about him instead of getting herself together. I'm pretty sure that wasn't easy for her but it was what she to do.

These issues that Aden and epecially Belle lately have had aren't you're average teen angst stuff but rather serious ones so if shes going to have a go at someone for it then she should atleast be a little more mature and try and see it from both sides. It's the least she could do considering how serious some of the stuff Aden and Belle have been through.

Belle is dissappointing me abit as well. The thing I've always loved about her is how she sticks up for what she believes in. So I found it a little out character the way she didn't stick by her decision to leave. She made the right one choosing do something for herself for once and I hate the way shes letting Nicole make her feel guilty about it. And I'm sorry Belle believing Nicole could make her life hell, considering the way Belle used to be and what shes survived lately, the idea of Belle finding that nothing but highly amusing is certainly not in character with who she is. Unless you made a few tweaks and she isn't the same girl who went toe to toe with Amanda(who is ten times more imitating than Nicole could be) and didn't care or had more catfights with Mattie and Cassie than I can count and been kidnapped atleast twice and so much more.

I honestly don't mean this too sound in anyway that I don't think you are anything less than a brilliant writer because you are. It's just, what I felt was, Nicoles inability to try and see things from Belles side to Belle feeling very out of character in this one that made not enjoy this chapter as much as I have been enjoying the rest of this. I have no doubt that I'll be back to gushing about in the future.

As much as I love Nicole the one thing I really wouldn't class her as is mature and I'm actually glad you felt her reaction was immature because that's how I would imagine her reacting. She'd see Belle, shoot her mouth off and then think about it later. I'm sorry you're finding Belle disappointing but this wasn't the end of the matter, there will be more Belle/Nicole interaction in the next chapter so hopefully you might think she's more in character then!

Really enjoyed the update. Reminded me there is noting like six months of no contact to give you time to clear your head, at least Belle wasn't technically dating Aden at the time. Was once really nasty and left a lad I'd dated for 2 years ran to the other side of the world for 7 months to decide what was wrong, sent him group e-mails and split with him when I got home he's my best friend now life really is more perverse than fiction! Any way I'm rambling can't wait to read how you write the first meeting between Belle and Aden. Hope she puts herself out to go and see him, but guess it might open her eyes to some repressed emotions.

Edited by rfran