Vegetarians

Guest jenlee

I've been a veggie practically my whole life. I think when I was about 5 I ate meat for like a year, but I didn't keep it up. It's mainly due to my lifestyle and where I grew up, in that there were many veggie places around where I lived so I never felt the need for meat. Also, it's part of my religion not to eat red meat. My sister and Dad are non-veg, but that doesn't really bother me until I smell the nice curries. I've always wondered if they taste as good as they smell, :lol:

Living in London now, it's a bit harder to stay veggie, but I'm managing it. When you get into the lifestyle, there's nothing to stop you.

Just thought I'd add that to this almost-dead thread.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry if I offended you but I do believe that and that is one of the reasons I eat meat.

Oh, Zetti, you didn't offend me and I'm sorry if I gave that impression. Over the past couple of years in Australia, there's been a big advertising campaign by the Meat & Livestock Corporation featuring New Zealand actor Sam Neill. The campaign slogan is 'we were made to eat meat'.

I am glad I didnt offend you.

So, I'm having a bbq on sat and have managed to find some vege patties which are real nice but does anyone have any ideas on easy things to cook up that don't involve me spending more money?

Um kebabs with capsicum, onion, carrots etc..

Or potato wedges in the oven

That's what we normally have at bbq's with these homemade sage and cheese patties. Yum!

I eat some meat - chicken mostly - but I don't like meat very much at all. I don't like the smell of it (barbecues stink of dead animal) and I read somewhere that smell influences taste a lot so maybe that's one reason I don't like it. The other reasons are, yeugh, when you see the blood before meat is cooked and - the main reason - when you think you're eating something with a face...yeuk!!! I don't eat fish at all either (smell and taste!) but I love fruit and veg and cheese.

I don't have a problem with animals eating meat. I read somewhere ages ago that Paul McCartney gave his dogs a vegeterian only diet (don't know if it's true or not :unsure: ) but that doesn't seem right, dogs are natural meat eaters and I guess, if you go by evolution, it's all part of the food chain.

Archived