Melissa George heading to Grey's Anatomy

Guest **Julie**

Isn't is this more of a step backwards for her. I know Movie actors doing TV is the latest big thing in Hollywood but they're usually established actors.

I don't think it's a step backward, a lot of actors in Hollywood alternate between tv and movies, and if anything a successful tv show can be the launch pad for a big movie career, because tv shows get actors a lot of recognition. Just look at Katherine Heigl, she worked in both movies and tv before Grey's Anatomy, but it was Grey's that made her a household name and launched her career as a leading lady in movies. Nobody knew her before that except Roswell fans.

I knew her from Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, but I take your point.

Any word on whether she's playing an Australian?

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't is this more of a step backwards for her. I know Movie actors doing TV is the latest big thing in Hollywood but they're usually established actors.

I don't think it's a step backward, a lot of actors in Hollywood alternate between tv and movies, and if anything a successful tv show can be the launch pad for a big movie career, because tv shows get actors a lot of recognition. Just look at Katherine Heigl, she worked in both movies and tv before Grey's Anatomy, but it was Grey's that made her a household name and launched her career as a leading lady in movies. Nobody knew her before that except Roswell fans.

I knew her from Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, but I take your point.

Any word on whether she's playing an Australian?

Lol, hubby watched that a few months ago and I didn't realise she was in it.

I hope her joining will renew my interest in the show, I've kinda lost interest in it.

Melissa George joins Grey's Anatomy

Herald Sun

November 25 2008

HER role as a bisexual intern on hit medical drama Grey's Anatomy was always going to steam up the small screen.

But Melissa George has wasted no time stripping off the surgical scrubs to play Sadie, whom the Aussie star describes as "a girl that walks on the wild side".

"She just takes anything - whatever walks in front of her," George told Entertainment Weekly.

"If it's a male, she'll go for it. If it's a female, she'll go for it. She doesn't think attraction should be limited by gender . . . But she seems to get a thrill out of shocking people."

Last season on Grey's Anatomy, there were no bisexual characters, now there are three spicing up storylines.

"Bisexuality exists. It's common. I guess (the producers) are experimenting," the former Home and Away star said.

"Maybe they're not getting the right victims coming through the door so they're bored."

While George has not been short of work since landing in Los Angeles, scoring the Grey's gig is a major coup, given a top-rating drama series has escaped her since she was part of Alias several years ago.

George's scenes will air in Australia on Channel 7 next year.

• 1 month later...

Archived