Merlin

Guest Zetti

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish this show didn't make me root for the bad guys quite so often.Episodes like that one leave me thinking that the supposed villains have a genuine grievance and the heroes are callous, self-righteous and hypocritical.I was actually cheering when Morgana faced down Uther, Alvarr escaped and Mordred casually despatched the two redshirts Merlin set on him.Given that all the main bad guys survived the episode, I'm guessing they're going to be back again at some point...

Teasers for the next episode looks good, with the expected return of Morgause(although the shot of Uther looking pleasingly dead is probably misdirection).With only two episodes of the series left, looks like they're building to some sort of climax.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I find Arthur annoyingly pompous and incredibly rude to Merlin. I suppose he will eventually find out how important Merlin is. I only like his relationship with the good woman Guinevere.

I never like Uther Pendragon, he has always been the baddie in this legend, so actually this version is nicer than I expected!

Kind of in two minds about that finale.Firstly, it felt like more of a sidestep than a continuation of the main plotline.I can't believe we didn't catch up with how Morgana's doing:Like Gauis, I doubt she's dead, it looked like Morgause took her away to cure her.

I found it hard to be particularly bothered about the episode at first, it was just a dragon attacking them and once again having good reason to do so.Things picked up a bit when we learned Balonir was Merlin's father and it led to some good scenes although it practically made his death a certainty.It's interesting that Arthur always take Merlin with him when he goes to do something important and dangerous.I'm glad they avoided the obvious ending and had Merlin spare Kalmogarrh(or whatever his dragony name was), although I'm hoping they don't bring him back too soon.

That was a moving episode with poor Merlin discovering his dad then losing him again. I am really surprised they ended it so neatly and not with a cliff hanger as they did last time, didn't they?

You are right Zetti, Arthur does care about Merlin. I just find Arthur so irritating and pompous that I'm a bit disappointed he is supposed to be King Arthur, the legendary king of ancient times who could do anything and saved the world. I suppose he's only young at the moment though :huh:

It was absolute genius to make Merlin the same age as Arthur though, instead of a very old man. The legend has new life breathed into it :D

The first season ending was a bit better because we had no idea where they would take the series. The lack of Morgana really annoyed me. Why was she suddenly eliminated! I wanted to have a good culmination to her story.

Merlin found his dad and then lost him, so sad but a good plot device and I agree with RR1 on the fact that I am glad Merlin didn't do the obvious with the dragon as well. It would be so Merlin to let him go.

Merlin and Arthur's friendship is special and I think it will be more visible in the 3RD series! I am so chuffed that they are making another series. I thought it wouldnt come back like Robin Hood so I am glad it is.

• 8 months later...

In case no-one's noticed, it's back!Liked the opening episode of the third season.Looking at my posts from nearly a year ago, I see I was hoping they wouldn't bring the dragon back too quickly.I was still thinking that when the episode opened but it was a very satisfying moment when he came to Merlin's rescue.

And Morgana's back, now genuinely "evil".Again, if she was just poisoning Uther I'd be quite happy to just let her get on with it.It's only the "Getting an army to attack Camelot" part that marks them out as the bad guys.Looking as though there's going to be some genuine upheaval in the status quo, it's going to be almost impossible for Morgana to just slot back into Camelot after this one.

In case no-one's noticed, it's back!Liked the opening episode of the third season.Looking at my posts from nearly a year ago, I see I was hoping they wouldn't bring the dragon back too quickly.I was still thinking that when the episode opened but it was a very satisfying moment when he came to Merlin's rescue.

And Morgana's back, now genuinely "evil".Again, if she was just poisoning Uther I'd be quite happy to just let her get on with it.It's only the "Getting an army to attack Camelot" part that marks them out as the bad guys.Looking as though there's going to be some genuine upheaval in the status quo, it's going to be almost impossible for Morgana to just slot back into Camelot after this one.

Eeeeeeeee its back? Merlin is one of my fav shows. The 2nd season only just recently finished here in Aus, so it will be a while before we even get a glimpse of the 3rd. But luckily, i can watch it online and had watched the whole 2nd season before it even aired here. So i'm going now to search for seasons 3's first ep. Yay. Excited.

Archived