Merlin

Guest Zetti

I think this series could go two ways. Either it will stay as a programme for younger children and be very 'unsexy' [can't think of a better word right at this moment], or it will become darker and darker, like the Harry Potter films [which I think its a bit like], and people will fall out and passions will be unleashed [!]

I do know a bit about the Arthurian legend and they have messed about with it quite a lot. I'm sure Merlin is meant to be a very old man when he meets Arthur, Morgan is

a witch from the start

and Gwen/Guinevere is a noblewoman. But its nice to see a different and well done version of it, there are so many dire ones :unsure:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me started on crap versions of King Arthur. What about that terrible First Knight with Sean Connery, Richard Gere and Julia Someone? How would you choose which was worse out of Connery and Gere?! And what about that film with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley recently? What on earth was that all about? She was young enough to be his daughter!?! Leave the legend of Arthur alone! Oh, I've gone off in a rant anyway :rolleyes:

I loved last nights episode. I thought Uther was really evil then, not making Merlin drink it, but not allowing him to be cured when Arthur brought back the flower.

I was hoping for a 2-Parter though, with alot of it being taken up with Arthur outside the castle on a adventure to get it. Instead it was a quick horse run there and back. I liked that Merlin even in his state knew Arthur was in danger and helping him out, however I think they could of done better than an orb.

No cartoon dragon this week, they spent all the money on a bunch of cartoon monsters that half the time seemed to be just out of shot.

My paranoid moment of the week:Does anyone think Nimueh is Arthur's mother?Gaius hinted there was a big secret involving the two of them and she's obviously older than she looks.And it would explain a lot about why Uther's the way he is if the woman he loved turned out to be some psycho sorceress.

My paranoid moment of the week:Does anyone think Nimueh is Arthur's mother?Gaius hinted there was a big secret involving the two of them and she's obviously older than she looks.And it would explain a lot about why Uther's the way he is if the woman he loved turned out to be some psycho sorceress.

I thought that too. :cool:

I spent most of this episode going "Aww Arthur and Merlin love each other!" :lol:

In other news yay Gwen/Merlin kiss but by the looks of the promo

Lancelot turns up next week to put a spanner in the works.

I really like Arthur and Gwen, their both really plucky and smart.

No cartoon dragon this week, they spent all the money on a bunch of cartoon monsters that half the time seemed to be just out of shot.

I actually said that to my sister and she didnt agree but I really do think it is true!

^^I was thinking that as well. Although wouldn't that mean Arthur would have magical powers too? I think she could be Uther's former lover even if she isn't Arhtur's mother. She could even be the reason why Arthur's mother is no longer alive.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Archived