Bruises

Guest MissOlivia22

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the wait. It was going to be longer, have a flashback etc, but no... I'm being told to go to bed. So here is a small chapter. The next should be put up in the morning, if not after school

---

The three of them were in silence for a moment or two. Roman tried to comprehend that fact that Aden couldn’t remember and how on earth he was going tell tell him. Aden was confused about the fact he couldn’t remember what happened and Rachel had no idea what Roman was talking about. The silence was broken by a sudden outburst from outside the room and one of the nurses calling for help from Rachel.

The two of them watched as she left before returning their gaze to each other. Aden’s hand moved slowly up to his head and he felt the bandages around his head.

“Wha..?! He asked confused, but before Roman could answer, they were interrupted once again. This time, he door of Aden’s room burst open revealing a drunk Larry finding it hard to stand.

“Get up, your coming home” He slurred angrily, not understanding the extent of Aden injuries.

Aden pushed himself away from where his father was standing but with what little strength he could manage, he didn’t get very far. Roman placed a protective hand on the bottom on his leg to reassure him.

Aden was getting frustrated with his lack of control, he had so much anger for his father but he couldn’t let it out, he was too weak.

“Look, go sober up. Aden doesn’t need this right now” Roman said.

“You! Are not his father, I am!” Larry said slipping slightly over his own feet and having the held up by the nurse which had followed him into the room who then proceeded to get security.

“Not much of a father in my eyes” Roman said under his breath, but unfortunately Larry managed to hear him and got more angry. He lunged towards Roman completely willing to punch him, but the alcohol in his body meant Roman was quicker and managed move out of his way before he could even try to do so.

He fell on the floor and clumsily pulled himself up and went for Roman again.

“JUST STOP IT” Aden yelled angrily with as much strength his could manage. Roman looked over at him, he looked weak, tired and most of all frustrated. His eyes flickered between the two of them, and then to the door as a member of security entered a had to drag his father out of them room.

“Aden?” Rachel asked cautiously. He was staring into the space where his father stood moments before and she was worried about Aden being so worked up. She gently placed her hand on his arm, but he flinched at her touch. Roman moved in, removing her hand from him.

“Maybe we should just leave him for a while?” Roman asked before both of them left quietly leaving Aden to his thoughts.

Quick update before bed.

warning Mentions off abuse, One star'd out swear word

-----

[flashback]

Aden entered his house and angrily slammed the door as he did, waking his father he was asleep on the sofa. As he sat up shocked by the sudden interruption of his slumber, a few alcohol bottles fell to the floor smashing loudly.

Aden ignored his father moans at him and instead just walked straight past, heading towards his bedroom.

“Oi I’m talking to you” He father slurred, partially drunk. Again Aden ignore him but was pulled back by a firm grip of his fathers.

“I said I’m talking to you!” He yelled at him

“Get of me!” Aden hissed yanking his arm out of his grasp.

“Don’t talk to me like that” He yelled, pulling him back once more only to have Aden pull out of his grasp once again.

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that. I am you father!!!” He yelled.

“When have you ever been a father to me!” Aden yelled “You were always just a pathetic drunk who didn’t give a toss about anyone else”

Along with the alcohol in his system and the anger that was building up, Larry snapped and shoved Aden up against the wall, holding him there with his arm against his neck.

“Shut your gob” He yelled, a few inches away from Aden’s face.

“NO. You were never there. When Sean went to jail, when Justin ran away....” He trailed of at the end. “With granddad” He added weakly at the end.

His dads grip loosened slightly, but not enough for Aden to get out. For a drunk, his dad was quite strong.

“What are you talking about?” His dad asked

“You know what I’m talking about!. You always new and you did nothing. You sat the as he went into our room. You did nothing...” Aden yelled at first but as he got the end, he trailed of as a single tear fell down his face.

Larry’s grip loosed enough for Aden to move from under his grasp, angrily he wiped the tear away and watched his father stood there in shock as he comprehended what Aden had just said, before turning to face him, anger in his eyes

“You shut your filthy little mouth” he said

“NO! You did nothing. NOTHING. For years he rapedus. You sat there, you heard us crying and did NOTHING” Aden yelled at the top of his lungs, his eyes filling with tears. His view became distorted as the tears fell freely down his face and he didn’t see his angry father lung towards him, throwing him on the floor and choking him. Aden struggled to get his father of him as breathing became harder to do.

After a few moments, he felt the large weight of his father lifted from him. He wiped his eyes and took the opportunity to lift himself to his feet and lunged towards his father but felt himself be pulled back by someone he didn’t realise was there. He looked around to see who was holding him back to see Roman standing there, confusion plastered across his face. They looked at each other for a moment, before Aden pulled his arm out of his grasp.

“What the hell!?” Roman asked as Larry straightened himself up and Aden got back his breath. He rubbed his neck.

“Are you Ok?” Roman asked Aden after he didn’t receive an answer from either of them. Aden nodded, ignoring the eye contact Roman was trying to make.

“Get out!” Larry said quietly glaring at Aden

“GET OUT” He yelled when he no one said anything. Aden flinched as he did and allowed Roman to lead him out of the house.

[/flashback]

Aden opened his eyes and looked up the ceiling, realizing he couldn’t remember anything from that moment on.

Archived