Anti-Aden

Guest Red Ranger 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely couldn't understand some of the comments when he kidnapped Rachel, with people saying it was all her fault and making out she was some sort of monster for being angry with him for what he'd put them all through.It was as if the idea of Aden being in the wrong was somehow an impossibility.

While I immensely dislike Rachel and she does stick her nose in other people's business, I don't think the whole situation was her fault. I know what you mean about how Aden can do wrong. I'm sick of people disliking characters just because they're keeping precious Adelle apart and trying to lock Aden up. I'm sorry, but I thought it was Angelo's job as a law enforcement officer to punish those who commit crimes. And I certainly don't agree that Aden suffering abuse should excuse him completely. IMO he got off too lightly. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I started this thread because I wanted to have a rant about Aden and there didn't seem to be anywhere to do so.Glad people are using it.

I am dreading when they get to the breakdown episodes over here.It's just going to be people going "Oh, but he was abused" while I think "I don't care!Are you seriously suggesting everyone who's been abused has the right to go out and try to kill anyone tangentially involved?!"He's under contract as a regular so he's obviously not going to go to prison or a secure mental hospital like he should, they're going to let someone who's clearly dangerous and committed a string of offences back on the street.It's even more suspect if Larry was abused as well and no-one thinks that lets him off the hook. Aden did a lot worse than him, yet he gets the sympathy vote.

I really hope he doesn't become one of those characters who can do what they like and no one stops him.

I agree.

If I had been the judge I would have placed him under house arrest and thrown in a couple of days shackled to the bed (with full TV and iPod privileges of course) :P for good measure.

I’m not convinced he is a “reformed citizen” and that some other set of circumstances might not set him off again. Anyway, I hope he makes the best of the opportunity he now has, keeps up the counselling and completes his community service politely and cheerfully.

Let's face it, Aden has always been one of those characters who can do what they want and get away with it.Last year he locked Geoff in a car boot overnight, assaulted Tony, vandalised the Campbell farm and basically indecently assaulted Tam and received only token punishments.This year he's committed one count of attempted murder, one count of actual bodily harm and at least two counts of unlawful imprisonment.Are we seriously supposed to like this guy?!

• 2 weeks later...

^^If only...

Well, we've had the "breakdown" episodes over here and not for the first time I'm wondering what exactly Aden has to do to get locked up.Are they waiting for him to actually kill someone?Rachel must be a saint to even think about helping him after what he did to her.And anyone who said he'd never be violent towards Belle, turns out she thought the same only to find he had no qualms about pushing her about and manhandling her to get what he wanted.He banged on about Larry making a choice, well, he made a few choices of his own:He chose to deny his father medical attention, he chose to take Rachel captive to stop her helping him, he chose to keep Belle prisoner to stop her interfering and, when the booze didn't kill him quickly enough, he chose to try and finish Larry off himself.And I see no evidence that those choices were in any way not his own.Let's get this clear:His abuse is not a defence, it's a motive.

Imagine if some guest character had come in, someone like Jimmy or Elliot(hmm, kidnap and attempted murder...).And Rachel and Belle had stumbled across him trying to kill his father and he'd locked them up to stop them interfering.And he sat there shouting "I was abused and he let it happen! He deserves to die!"The police would have carted him off for a long stay out of town, either in prison or long-term psychiatric care, and no-one would have had a problem with it.But because Aden's got his little frame on the title sequence somehow he's a special case and the law doesn't apply to him.

Earlier in the year, when he had all that stuff with Roman, Morag and Nicole, before Axel, before Larry, before Belle, I actually liked him a bit.But now I just think he's a self-centered sociopath, with very little empathy for other people.And the worst thing of all is I think he's going to end up dragging people like Belle and Roman down with him and making me dislike them for making excuses for him.

Eh, I might as well contribute, I really did not like Aden this week (untill his scenes with Nicole) The way he attacked that Dean guy in the bar and was all smug over it later despite the guy being seemingly innocent and even promising to tell Aden the truth because they were "friends". It was just a violent and uncalled for act (even if the guy does turn out to be the one behind it all) theres no way Aden could have known that, he just came across as a violent unlikeable guy. And again it all seemed to have been ignored because it was Aden and he has his reasons.

But ignore me, i might still be bitter over the Tam incident and how it was so easily brushed off with excuses. <_<

Another thought and not even necessarily an anti one.Is it true Todd's only on a one year contract? Because if so, it might be best to kill Aden off or whatever when it expires.I'm not just saying it because I don't like him, it might actually be best for the character.He was brought in as this violent bully who we eventually learned had issues and, unlike other characters, he's never really got past those issues.He's spent most of the year playing out the abuse storyline and there doesn't really seem to be anything else for him to do.The only futures I can see for the character is he keeps on being a jerk and taking his problems out on everyone else or he gets magically cured, turns nice and buys a cottage with Belle, neither of which seems particularly appealing.It might be best to give the character a big exit so he'll be remembered.

Archived