Shattered

Guest Red Ranger 1

P.S will there be any aden in the last chap?

Oh good grief...He's going to be in it.If I can think of a line to give him, I will.No promises, mind you...

if you're looking for a way to incoporate Aden i think a scene with him and baby James would be nice lol.

How many more chapters are there to go?? :D

Hey why can't you do a sequel to this fanfiction? Should be cool to read one.

Okay, in order:

xknomex:Sorry if I was a bit grumpy, it's just I'm worried the phrase "This story needs more Aden" will end up on my tombstone.There's an Aden moment in this chapter.Hope you enjoy it.

Lynd:Oh boy, more evidence of Jung's collective unconsciousness.Although it might not be what you were expecting...Hope you enjoy it.

wrongturntaken:This is the last chapter.Hope you enjoy it.

AdelleFanEver:I did think about what I'd do if someone asked for a sequel.It might end up on here although I'm worried everyone will hate it...Mind you I think that about all my fictions.This one's not quite over yet.Hope you enjoy it.

Everyone else:Hope you enjoy it.

EPILOGUE

Melody looked down at the words emblazoned on the cake:16 TODAY.From the number of people in the living room it looked as though Irene had invited half the Bay:Annie and Jai, Roman and Nicole, Tony and Rachel, Aden and Danielle, Lucas and Belle, Ric and Mattie, Leah and Kirsty and, of course, Geoff.Her father had been unable to get away from work but she’d spoken to him on the phone that morning and he’d wished her all the best.

James was there as well and at that moment he was being looked after by his Auntie Annie, who had taken to the role so eagerly that Jai was starting to give her worried looks.Melody knew he didn’t have reason to be concerned.Although she loved James dearly, she wouldn’t have recommended motherhood to anyone else her age.Annie had seen first hand how hard it had been on both her and Geoff, the sleepless nights, the lack of a social life, and was in no hurry to have one of her own any time soon.

Geoff had been wonderful, of course, just as he’d promised.He was in Year 12 now but had promised that as soon as he’d done his HSC he’d stay at home and look after James until Melody had finished school.By then James would be old enough to go into nursery and they could decide what to do with the rest of their lives.

She hadn’t heard anything from Axel in the two months since James was born and she realised now it was for the best.It had helped seeing him, learning to view him as a person and getting rid of the fear and hatred she’d felt for so long, but having him in her life had held her back just as much.Geoff needed to know that he was James’ father.She wouldn’t have it any other way.

Irene stood with her hands on Melody’s shoulders and waited for the conversation to subside.“All right, Mel here’s a bit too shy to make a speech but I couldn’t let it go without saying a few words.It’s no secret that this year’s not been the easiest one for Mel-for a lot of people in this room.But she’s come through it all the stronger.She’s grown into a brilliant mum and a wonderful young woman.And I’m very proud that she’s part of this family.”She raised a glass.“To Melody.”

“To Melody!”chorused the others.

Melody’s heart swelled, unused to such praise.But there was one other thing on her mind.She looked at Geoff and knew he was remembering the same thing as her.The question she’d asked him after the trial and his answer:“When you’re sixteen.”

As the crowd began to disperse into smaller groups, Melody caught Annie’s attention, indicating she wanted to speak in private.Catching her meaning, Annie turned to Danielle.“Do you want to look after James for a bit?”

Danielle looked surprised but pleased.“Yes, of course.”

“All right.Go to your Auntie Danielle.”Annie handed her the baby.

Danielle turned to Aden, who was looking at James as though he was worried he might explode.“Do you want to hold him?”

“Er, what?”There was a trace of panic in Aden’s expression.“No, that’s all right.”

“Go on, he’s not going to bite.”Danielle placed James in a reluctant Aden’s arms.“See?You’re a natural.” She kissed him.

Melody watched the scene with amusement.Maybe Aden was the one that needed to be worried.She turned to Annie, who had joined her during the exchange.“Are you still all right about tonight?”

Annie nodded, a wistful look in her eyes.“I think it’s so romantic.”

Melody smiled ruefully.“I don’t think Irene would agree if she found out.”

Making as little noise as possible, Melody slipped beneath the covers of Geoff’s bed and kissed him softly. “You’re sure James is going to be all right?”he asked her.

She nodded.“Annie’s in my room.She’ll keep an eye on him.”

Geoff wondered if Irene was as oblivious to all the nocturnal movements as she appeared to be or whether she was just turning a blind eye.He supposed they’d find out in the morning.

“You do want to do this, don’t you?”asked Melody.

“Yeah, yeah.It’s just…I was always told you were supposed to wait until after marriage.”

Melody smiled sadly.“Geoff, I’ve got a child.People like my mother would say I wasn’t marriage material.That I was damaged goods.”

“Well they’d be wrong.And one day I’m going to prove it to you.”

Melody glowed at that.“Then…I guess we’re just doing things a bit out of order, aren’t we?”

Geoff looked at the brave and beautiful girl lying alongside him and suddenly making love to her seemed like the most natural thing in the world.He kissed her again and drew her towards him.

And in his arms, for the first time since that night, nearly a year ago, when someone had taken something from her she could never get back, she felt complete.

Comments.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived