Anti-Melody

Guest Mistified

I can not believe I haven't been in here before. I really can't put my finger on why I dislike this girl so much. This storyline does have the potential to be good if it was with someone I remotely cared about. As it is, I just wish she'd disappear, I'm so annoyed at them for bringing her back as a regular. Now we have to put up with her for years...probably. I don't like the way she talks, I don't like the way she makes Geoff into a completely unbearable person. I've never liked Geoff but when he's with Nicole he's almost likeable. He needs someone fun to liven him up. Melody is just really really annoying.

I'm not sure if this is against the rule or not, sorry if it is, but I don't think Celeste Dodwell is that brilliant an actress. She's good but not as good as everyone makes out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha :lol: this is hilarious!!

i really don't like the character melody. i don't like the way she speaks in that monotone way. i don't like her hair how it's done (or not done).

i find her irritating and i wish she'd go away.

yeah this is myopinion and i'm entitled to express it.

Yea she talks verry funny,sounds so boring +she gets a boring story line...

maybe first story line....was enough

Personally... :wink: i don't like her either!!!

I think the problem with her voice is that it causes her to sounds unconvincing when she's delivering her lines, as if she's just doing a read through. As such I believe her voice is letting the character down. She's not invoking any sincere sympathy for me. In that case I think it's fair comment to criticise her voice.

• 3 weeks later...

She drives me insane!!! She can't act at all and her irratating voice, my gosh what's with the accent???

They should never have brought her back.

And what's with the thick makeup she had on the other night??? It doesn't suit her.

I thought Annie was bad enough but i'd rather put up with her than Melody.

Get rid of her SOONNNNNNNNNN please.

Yes its mean, but i cracked up laughing at Melody "flirting" with Trevor :lol:

What i dislike mainly about her, is that she seems to think she is "owed" soemthing, even before her mum when crazy Melody always expected Geoff to go above and beyond for her, with the AVO etc. And now, depsite the fact she dumped him and he hasn't shown any direct sign he wants to get back together, she acts as if he's guilty for not returning her feeligs, and how dare he not like her back. Even to some extent this showed with Miles, before she overheard Miles talking to Kirsty she fully expected them to take her in, despite not knowing them, being short notice etc.

I also don't like the way she talks about Nicole, fair enough she's not the greatest person in the world and can be pretty horrible, but at least Nicole doesn't pretend she is anything but what she is, unlike Melody who thinks herself a better person (and acts like she is too.) when really she's not exactly a saint either.

I agree; about the Miles thing, I mean she just sort of 'assumed' that they'd take her in for good! And - doesn't anyone else find it a little odd how quickly she got back to 'normality?!

In the clinic, she was away from her Mum, but still a bit crazy - but now suddenly she appears to be fine health / mental state wise, whereas - especially after an experience of your Mum trying to perform an exorcism on you, I'd expect her to be shaken, traumatised, constantly upset etc ... all very odd!!!

And then, like the way she said to Miles about Kirsty in the caravan park; what's that about! None of her fecking business - very well for Jai to give out to Miles, Miles is like his adoptive Dad, but not Melody ; it's not even any of her business!!!

And her VOICE; it's like she's too nasal. I don't think she's a [bad] actress but ... there's a serouis lack of emotion there. When I compare her to, say, Belle at the scene of Aden's arrest - now THAT was some acting... Melody just sort of 'floats' through her scenes - pretty distant from the role, I think.

Archived