Frankie

Guest Dan F

What sad news to read :(

I too did not know Frankie personally, but was familiar with her as a poster on the forum! I always look forward to reading the perspectives of the regular posters on BTTB - Frankie included - so I know that I will miss her comments in the forum like so many of us will.

My thoughts are with her family and friends, I can't imagine what they are going through but I hope they know how much us at BTTB will miss her and will be able to have our thoughts and wishes passed on.

May she rest in peace.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had barely gotten myself together over this and then I read Sky's post and I'm in tears all over again. Although I didn't talk to Frankie much out of the Staff Forum, she was such a great spirit and great fun to have around, and I always enjoy reading her posts because they're levelheaded, mature, smart and also humerous at times. This has come as a really hard blow to me because I had no idea she was going through something so terrible. I realize she might not want a huge fuss, so I'll stop here. I'll miss you Frankie. :(

Sap alert! (Sorry Frankie!) This song just came into my head, and I thought I'd share...

She Goes On - Crowded House

Pretty soon you'll be able to remember her

Lying in the garden singing

Right where she'll always be

The door is always open

This is the place that I loved her

And these are the friends that she had

Long may the mountain ring

To the sound of her laughter

And she goes on and on

In her soft wind I will whisper

In her warm sun I will glisten

Till we see her once again

In a world without end

We owe it all to Frank Sinatra

The song was playing as she walked into the room

After the long weekend

They were a lifetime together

Appearing in the eyes of children

In the clear blue mountain view

Colouring the sky

And painting ladders to heaven

And she goes on and on

In her soft wind I will whisper

In her warm sun I will glisten

And I always will remember

In a world without end

It's on the list of songs I want played at my own funeral because I don't want people to be too sad about it, I want them to remember the good times. (I'm not being morbid - music is important to me, I want it done right!) I'm happy to let Frankie borrow it, which is to say, I'll think of her when I hear it, until then. Especially with the Frank Sinatra line :wink:

There is sadness in my heart after reading about Frankie's passing. My thoughts and prayers firstly go out to her family and friends, all those who personally knew her on this forum and those who didn't know her personally but have been touched by her gentle spirit and warm hearted nature. May her light and spirit live on within this forum and the fond memories of her be forever remembered.

Traditional Gaelic Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

That is a beautiful blessing Quiet Achiever.

Maggie,Jacob, Frankie's brother's and sister's, the wonderful Tariq and his family are all in my thoughts. May their memories give them strength, they have thousands of them I am sure. Those of us here who never really knew her in person also have many fond memories to hold on to.

Say not in grief "She is no more"

But live in thankfulness that she was.

Archived