The Pilot Episode

Guest Mistified

Has anybody else been watching the pilot episode on the official site? I know some of you boffins probably have it on VT already but it's my first time ever to see it and I'm loving it! It's been going up in instalments over the past 2 weeks so I haven't seen it all yet. It really reminds you of the roots of the show, i.e. that of family values, which they have tried to resurrect a bit more this year. It is so lovely to see Vanessa Downing as Pippa too. She was always my favourite.

The kids are all great to see again too, although I think so far Lynn has had about 2 lines! It doesn't surprise me now looking back that her character didn't work out. Has there been any progress made in tracing the actress I wonder?

Anyway, if anyone else has recently enjoyed this nostalgia trip you might like to post here!

Best episodoe ever of home and away is enther pilot or episode when whole town thought Alf and Colleen were getting married.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I heard somewhere that Doris Peters, the gossip character from the pilot, was meant to be a regular but the actress was unavailable.So I'm guessing that Celia was brought in as a replacement.As for Roo, maybe they hadn't decided she was going to be around at that point.Alf does mention her in the pilot but in a way that leaves it ambiguous whether she's still in the Bay or not.I think they both made their debuts in the third regular episode.

Has anybody else been watching the pilot episode on the official site? I know some of you boffins probably have it on VT already but it's my first time ever to see it and I'm loving it! It's been going up in instalments over the past 2 weeks so I haven't seen it all yet. It really reminds you of the roots of the show, i.e. that of family values, which they have tried to resurrect a bit more this year. It is so lovely to see Vanessa Downing as Pippa too. She was always my favourite.

The kids are all great to see again too, although I think so far Lynn has had about 2 lines! It doesn't surprise me now looking back that her character didn't work out. Has there been any progress made in tracing the actress I wonder?

Anyway, if anyone else has recently enjoyed this nostalgia trip you might like to post here!

Okay thanks for letting me know its shame about Doris not becoming are main character she look like she whould of been such intersing character and even better and really good actress. I think Doris was surpose to been like home and away version of Mrs Mangel i think it whould of been intersing to see how she whould of got long with Morag and Colleen. I think she of whould hate Morag and been worst emanies with her and then she of been best frieneds with Colleen and been like gossip partnes. I dont think she been on show for too long as i read somewhere she was in bron 1912 she whould of been 76 when show started and what i read she retried from acting in 1992. So i guess she whould of been on show from 1988-1992 but thats my guess of couse yours chould been complete diffent.

I've never been able to get the copy on BTTB to play.Parts 2 and 3 are okay but Part 1 always just refuses to do anything.It's probably because I bought the cheapest computer in the shop and had to pay extra for them to install Microsoft Word.

What's the link to this new version?

someone's put it on Youtube too so you can watch it if you cant watch it on BTTB and the link to that is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ay1PqQY2FZU

hope this helps hun x x

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen polit episode so many times now and i never get bored with it who argees with me.

I myself have only seen the pilot episode once and I probably only could watch it once. It was just a fantastic start to the series and to watch it again would only ruin it. It is kind of like remaking a series, the original is the best. It is the same with the pilot of Home and Away for me. If I watched it again and again it would take the "magic" so to speak out of it.

I can watch it many times but not like every day. It's good to watch when you haven't seen it for a long time. It's nostalgia I think. Like the previous poster said, when you watch it too much then the magic disappears. But the pilot episode is one of the best episodes ever in Home and Away :)

I just finished watching the Pilot on You Tube for the first time!!

And i must say it is amazing, 90 minutes of pure drama, comedy and love!!

It is by far the best episode of Home and Away to date.

The warmth of the Fletcher family is incredible, Sally is so cute.

Donald Fisher is quite the villain, its strange how Summer Bay like him now, compared to then.

I think Bobby was brillaint, its a real pity Nicolle left the series, it was a real uncertainity whether or not she would end up with the Fletchers, even though I knew she did!! :lol:

Carly is hilarious, mad about men and I think that her and Bobby's fight was excellent!!

This is the first time Ive seen Neville and I think he was excellent. Him and Floss bring so much comedy and warmth to the show, and seemed like a real couple. I wish Floss was still in the show.

I think Frank was very interesting and I loved the respect he showed for Pippa and Tom.

And I now must say Vanessa is a much better Pippa!! She will now always be Pippa to me. I loved her and Tom's speech about the kids and how they changed since coming to the Fletchers - "Lynn never runs away, Steven can sleep a whole night without waking up and screaming" etc.

I think its a real pity Tom was killed off and it made me feel quite sad when watching his birthday speech about watching them grow up, when I knew in 2 years time, he would die!! :(

Pippa and Tom were always the best couple.

I thought Doris Peters was hilarious!!

Ailsa was magnificent, she was always a real favourite of mine, I wish Judy hadnt quit the show. Her and Alf were a brillaint couple and it was so strange to see Alf with brown hair!! :P

It was a truly magnificent piece of drama, and one that I will not forget. It was great to see how it finally all began. I really do wish that the Fletchers were still all together in Summer Bay and I think its a shame there is no real together family in Home and Away any more, they are all single parents and that.

I really do wish Home and Away would be aired again from the very start, becuase the Pilot is so precious and I really want to see what happens next. I would love if they went onto You Tube.

Archived