Doubts Emerge Over Todd Lasance's Crash

Guest cutiepie379

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Same. It's not good, but it's not a mark of evil either. Most people don't think anything of going 5 or 10ks over the limit (I don't think we're talking about 250km/ph in a 50 zone here). Nobody thinks that a car crash will happen to them. I think some people can get careless with speeding, but I certainly wouldn't equate that with recklessness. Recklessness to me means that you're willing to risk an accident for the thrill of going fast - carelessness means you don't even consider it as a consequence.

Point being: if it turns out that Todd was speeding, I for one am not going to want to see him strung up for it. It would only be a very common, very human, error in judgment. Hopefully that's not the case anyway and it's not something we need to worry about.

Eye witnesses are the least reliable bit of evidence in this sort of situation. I think they can tell how fast each car was going from things like skid and brake marks on the road and where the cars ended up after the collision. The accident investigators will do a report on what they found at the scene and this will be the thing which determines what if anything is investigated next.

Even if it was his fault it does not make him a bad boy. I'd be more likely to hate him if he went out on a stabbing or shooting frenzy or was like 2 times over the alcohol limit but if he was slightly speeding and caused an accident it would prove he was only human.

Archived