Colin the Whale!

Guest emmasi

Finally, sane people. I was getting worried that I was the only one...

I also find it funny how these people will jump at the chance to fork out however much money it costs to put a whale down, but the RSPCA wouldn't get that kind of funding to put - what, 30 animals? - down due to horrific human neglect and abuse. It's just bizarre how people can get fixated on something like this, when much worse things are happening to other animals and people every day. At the end of the day, this was a wild animal - it should have been left to live or die on it's own. People need to stop playing god with nature.

I'm not sure how a euthenasia injection works, but I think it's some sort of poison, so I'm wondering what's to be done with a poisoned whale carcass? Is it any good to eat for other animals or will they just get poisoned too? Hopefully they wouldn't be that stupid, but then this is the country that spread rat poison from one end of the country to the other and then wondered why the native carnivores (not to mention the herbivores that ate the pellets) were dying :rolleyes: Idiots...

EDIT: Glad to hear that the mother was done in by sharks - goes to prove my point, nature does what it does. People should just but out and let it be. You can't save every whale because they're nice to look at, and you can't hate the sharks for killing the pretty things... It doesn't work that way. Although, how shocked will I be if a bunch of yahoos use this as an excuse to go shark hunting? Not very :rolleyes:

WTF???!!! They're going to set up a memorial for the bloody thing now. It was a whale that was abandoned by its mother and was put down. Why the **** do we need a memorial for it. Geez what is wrong with people. What about spending the money on something the state needs.

WTF???!!! They're going to set up a memorial for the bloody thing now. It was a whale that was abandoned by its mother and was put down. Why the **** do we need a memorial for it. Geez what is wrong with people. What about spending the money on something the state needs.

I don't even think I can joke about that. This is literally beyond a joke.

Unless I'm going crazy and misheard but I'm sure they said on the news update that they might set up a memorial for it. Seriously, who would visit that? :blink: Look kiddies, here's a memorial for a baby whale that was abandoned and then we had to kill it. Mourn the baby whale kiddies - this is where money that could have been spent on your education went.

At least we got one mention of the shark trade, but apparently thousands of sharks being over fished and gruesomely mutilated for the purposes of "delicacy" isn't as compelling as the plight of one cuwt wittle whale cawf. Why, I bet those nasty sharks deserve everything they get after daring to hurt the pwessus wittle baby! Mean old sharks :angry:

:rolleyes:

Nature's oldest predator, and we'll be the ones to wipe them out because they just don't know how to sing.

Archived