Hate It Here

Guest jessica_2005

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the question someone asked me was

Is the guy Aden?

Will it could be. Or it could be someone else. Maybe Dom/Drew or Aden.

No update.

Sorry.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the comments.

I appreciate them. Glad people like my fic.

Will try to update tomorrow.

Love Jess

xoxo

Sorry for the delay.

I hope you like the update.

Chapter 3

Friday 24th October 2003

11am

The knocking at the door went through Belle's throbbing head like a pneumatic drill, but at least it pulled her readily from her stupour. She had fallen asleep a little after 6am, and didn't feel any better for the hours that had passed. But hope swelled in her tight chest as she pushed back the heavy duvet. She'd only known one person to knock at the door for the whole time she had been here.

"Jamie?" she called out croakily.

The doorhandle went down willingly. Belle's heart began to pound a little faster than she could bear.

"Uh, no..."

She recoiled immediately in disgust. "Get out."

He shrugged. "Can't. Larry asked me to make sure you're OK."

Her shrill cold laughter bounced from the ceiling. "Does he actually think I can be OK? What is OK to you lot eh? All four sodding limbs attached? Oh yeah, then I'm peachy."

The corner of his mouth lifted into an insincere smile and he turned away, closing the door with a decided click. Belle blinked in surprise, pretty sure she'd asked him to leave.

"He's alright."

Belle frowned in confusion.

"Jamie."

A cold chill went through the woman as his name was mentioned, her lips quivering as she fought to repeat it. But her attempts were fruitless. "You'd care would ya?" she hissed scathingly.

He only blinked and returned steadily; "I thought you might. Made it to A&E about 5, yeah? He'll be fine."

"Then what?" Belle demanded. "You welcome him back into the family, just to tear him apart again?"

Shoulders hunched, he replied, "Listen Belle, you get made to pay for your mistakes round here, OK? It ain't pretty but that's just the way it is. Jamie tows the line from now on, there ain't gonna be any more trouble."

But Belle didn't believe him. "How you could do that..."

"Me? Nah, don't wanna get me hands dirty do I, Belle? I was just there to keep you out of it. Can't risk marking the goods can we?"

Scowling, Belle looked away. This left him to shake his head in disbelief.

"Wow, Larrys's right about you, ain't he? You really are an ungrateful little bitch."

"Excuse me? What the Hell is there to be grateful for?"

"Golden Boy's alive ain't he?" he snapped back without hesitation. "I didn't have to tell you that... in fact, it'll probably cost me a few fractures an' all, but I thought, nah, the woman's had it rough, give her a break, Aden, and what do I get?"

"No more than you deserve! OMG your Aden Jeffries, Larry's kid."

"Hey, I could have let you throw yourself into that last night. Wouldn't be looking at quite such a pretty face then would I eh? And yeah, Larry's my father but not my real father. And don't ask any questions about my father."

"That's right." Belle hissed, nodding in repulsed understanding. "Cos all I am right now is a piece of meat right? And don't worry, wouldn't want to hurt Larry's precious son"

Aden laughed again. "You really don't have any idea do you? Larry's keeping you like a bloody queen and right now, I ain't got a bloody clue why! You ain't meat darling, no way. You're mink. If all Larry wanted from you was a pound of flesh, he'd've just had you killed straight off, left you on the floor of that bloody club of yours. But here you are, lap of luxury yeah and Larry, he ain't batting an eyelid."

Belle gulped down her mistrust, fear shaking her once again. "Wh-Why not?"

"Going through what you have love, I can't believe you're so naive." He tilted his head to the side and simpered mockingly as he studied her intently. "It's kinda sweet, really."

"Just tell me what he wants. Please."

Aden sank down on the edge of the bed, smile broader as Belle flinched, gathering up the thrown back duvet to cover herself. He leant forward and in a low and daunting whisper said; "Bit of a ladykiller is Larry."

Belle's stomach lurched unfavourably and she pressed her hand over her mouth.

"Hmmm..." Aden observed, nodding slowly as his gaze lingered on Belle. "I'm guessing you're not up to breakfast then?"

"Oh trust me..." Belle hissed savagely, eyes narrowed in contempt as she pushed her hair back and forced herself to look at him. "...I'd sooner starve. I'd rather die than take anything from animals like you."

"Still gutsy eh? I like that. Shame it won't last."

"Gonna break me into as many pieces as Jamie are you, Aden? Well come on then!"

He frowned at her, shaking his head at an odd angle. "Don't give me reason to hurt you, Belle. I don't wanna do that."

"What?" she goaded sharply. "Am I not good enough now? You and that pack of wolves can tear Jamie to shreds, but I get dragged from my home for some sort of revenge and you... won't even lay a finger on me? You know what Aden, you're a disappointment to your trade."

"You reckon?" he threw back dangerously. "You can think what you want, darling, you don't matter to me."

"So make it easy on yourself. No-one else here is there? And I... I don't think you like me very much..."

"Not much gets past you, does it?"

"Well, no. Cos you're still here. And I'm probably getting right on your last nerve. What happens when you flip, Aden?"

"Alright!" he barked hotly, leaping up and rounding on her. "Get it into your head, I ain't here to hurt you. F**king hell, if I was, I'd have done it already just to shut you up! All I'm supposed to do is make sure you're OK."

"Well I'm fine." she spat back.

"Great, so can I go now?"

Belle gave him a tight smile as she nodded. "Well either you go or I do. Yeah, the bathroom window's looking more and more inviting..."

Aden froze, his eyes narrowed as he tried to comprehend the sight of the woman in front of him. "You haven't...?" Without waiting for a reply, he bolted through the bathroom. "Oh you stupid bitch!"

Affronted, Belle climbed up from the bed, quickly pulling on her dressing gown, leaping in fright as the bathroom window slammed shut. Aden came back into the room with a face like thunder.

"Are you trying to **** him off? Larry don't appreciate cliché stunts Belle, alright? They get him very upset! Do you know what happens when Larry gets upset?"

"He ruins lives." she answered certainly, shaking furiously. "He murders...."

Aden ran his tongue around his cracked lips, nodding slowly. "That's right, yeah. And d'you know who he'll be coming for? Do you?"

"Oh for God's sake, calm down. If I wanted both my legs broken, I'd have jumped already wouldn't I? But I haven't! I'm still here, having to suffer arseholes like you!"

"OK, now Belle, now you're annoying me."

She stepped confidently forward, tilting her chin up so he might swing at either side of her jaw, or his hands press around her throat. She hated him too much to be afraid of him. "I'm right here, Aden..."

A soft and yet still cold laugh left him at the moment Belle flinched, his hand raised, but not threateningly, his knuckles stroking across her cheek until his palm was caught forcefully around her jaw, jerking her head up.

"More than me life's worth than to touch you Belle. Oh no, Larry needs you in perfect condition. He likes you, you know. Not quite so keen on your mother, but then, she isn't exactly good looking is she, whereas you have got such a pretty face. Don't make Larry put noses out of joint, darling, cos yours'll be the first and that'd just be tragic."

End of chapter 3.

I might update more tonight if not it will be tomorrow.

Archived