Anti Adelle

Guest KaitieL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've mentioned in other threads but no one has answered me: I'm really surprised that Irene is allowing this to happen. Angelo seems to have really made himself at home in Belle's bedroom and the rest of Irene's house. If I remember rightly Aden didn't have the same privileges.

Irene never had much time for Aden until she found out about his grandfather, which was after he had broken up with Belle and the nocturnal visits had finished. Perhaps Irene picks her mark. Give Aden an inch and he takes a light year. Irene has always seemed to approve of Angelo.

Angelo isn't sleazy but he can be a jerk. He obviously knows that Belle isn't into him, but instead of being mature about it like he was with Charlie - when he was kind and classy and gave her an easy out - he's digging his heels in and rubbing his relationship with Belle in Aden's face to prove a point. Except that there is no point because it's not going to end well for him no matter how much of a jerk he wants to be about it. Belle doesn't love him, he knows she doesn't love him, and it's only due to him letting himself be used as her lapdog for so long that he wants to force the obligation out of her. It's pathetic.

BUT since this is the Anti-Adelle thread... I am not at all pleased with them sleeping together behind Angelo's back. There was no need for it. Being passionately in love and meant to be or whatever doesn't entitle you to cheat on people. Kisses happen, but sex takes a bit of preparation time... removing clothes, etc... They should have had enough respect for their own relationship not to start it off as a sordid affair against someone else.

Jess Tovey mentioned Lucas and Drew in that interview she did with Todd. Seeing that she remembers Lucas and Drew, it would be nice if the character of Belle remembered them too and remembered how it absolutely destroyed Lucas to have her cheat on him. I doubt that she took Angelo's virginity so it may not be as bad, but you'd still think she'd consider the consequences. If she loves Aden, I'm fine with that, but Angelo doesn't deserve to be cheated on, especially after all he's done for her and her illegal environmental crusades.

Remember that scene when Aden called around to the house and Angelo answered in a towel? what was he DOING in a towel? Belle had fallen asleep in bed; when she talks to Angelo later, he says he just stayed up watching tv. SO why the towel? He's so sleazy!!

Err...... I think he had just had a shower. His hair looked damp. I often wrap myself in a towel after a shower and do my hair, makeup etc. I don’t think there is anything sleazy about that, just normal behaviour where I live. If I was draped in my towel and someone that I knew came to the door I’d answer it. No big deal. :rolleyes:

We don’t see him watching TV in the towel, although I don’t have any problem with it if he did. He may well have got into his PJ’s.

Oh lol, well good point about the shower - but I actually meant answering the door of a house that isn't even your own, that your new girlfriend lives in with three other people in a towel is sleazy. Or, at least, I think it is ... [shrug]

(Plus I'd never ever answer the door in a towel!! :P)

Back on topic; I reckon Irene is all for Belle & Angelo because Angelo's a cop so she figures he [has] to be a good boy ;)

It's way rough that they're together behind his back though; he's in hospital yeah, but, the injury "apparently" wasn't Belle's fault so - she may as well just dump him now!

Although of course then the storyline would be less interesting LOL.

As much of an adelle fan as I am, I do agree about the reunion scene. I think it was katie who said that there was no feeling or emotion behind what they were saying. It did sound very much like they were simply saying there lines, having a conversation about the weather...only less interesting

He obviously knows that Belle isn't into him, but instead of being mature about it like he was with Charlie - when he was kind and classy and gave her an easy out - he's digging his heels in and rubbing his relationship with Belle in Aden's face to prove a point.

He went on one date with Charlie, in which it was clearly obvious that she was still hung up on her ex, all she did for the whole night was think and talk about Roman. She didn't give any mixed signals and was honest with him throughout, she didn't kiss him, sleep with him and start a relationship with him. So I think it was rather easier for him to give her an out. Also he did happen to go on a date with Belle to, after which she went back to her ex, which he was fine with too. He never pursued anything further with her until she was single again.

If Belle was open and honest about her feelings to Angelo, instead of avoiding the topic and pretending that everything is fine, then maybe Angelo would be classy enough to let her go. Unlike Charlie, Belle seems to be in denial all of the time, whilst running to and from her boyfriend and her ex.

I am not at all pleased with them sleeping together behind Angelo's back. There was no need for it. Being passionately in love and meant to be or whatever doesn't entitle you to cheat on people.

Exactly. Cheating is wrong and there are no excuses for it. End one relationship before you move on to the next. The way Belle & Aden have gotten together has only cheapened their own relationship. If I was an Adelle superfan I would not be happy with the reunion, getting together behind someone's back, having to hide the relationship and the fact that you love eachother and stealing moments together when nobody's looking isn't my idea of romantic or perfect, and it certainly isn't classy.

As I've mentioned in other threads but no one has answered me: I'm really surprised that Irene is allowing this to happen. Angelo seems to have really made himself at home in Belle's bedroom and the rest of Irene's house. If I remember rightly Aden didn't have the same privileges.

I actually thought Irene was incredibly tolerant of Aden.She seemed fully aware of the fact that he was in Belle's room every night and Belle even talked to her about them sleeping together.Yet she made no attempt to ban him from the house even though she couldn't stand him.

This whole thing about Irene being a prude seems to have sprung up from the storyline last year when she wouldn't let Belle have Drew stay over.That whole thing just seemed to be an excuse to make Jazz look cool in comparison and was pretty out of character.Drew was having sleepovers only a few months later anyway(although Irene might not have known about that).She let Selina have Curtis stay over, she let Nick have Jade stay over, Hayley had Noah, Scott and Kim in her room at various points and she didn't seem to mind.Belle's basically an adult now so I don't think Irene sees it as her place to police her boyfriends.

Archived