Anti Adelle

Guest KaitieL

I think Dom was kind of joking... :unsure:

Hype can be exhausting. And when the characters get manipulated into increasingly ridiculous relationship dramas to suit the hype, that's when things go bad. I'm not exactly sure that's happened yet, but there's a bad feeling that it could be on the horizon. However

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the next break up sticks.

It's nobody's fault, but I find the pace of the Adelle thread exhausting in itself... It's like, they used to be this special fringe loner pairing, and now they're the most mainstream couple there is... It's weird, but I don't feel at home in that thread the way I used to... Maybe I'm such a non-conformist that as soon as people conform to something I actually like, I have to immediately start hating it :P Actually, I don't think there's a "maybe" about it... Silly backwards brain I have...

PS, I remember the J&M frenzy being a lot worse for a lot longer... I don't really think the Adelle hype is destined to last.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I love J&M, I can see that Aden and Belle are a much better written and explored couple and as such I believe that if there is another break up then it could be for real. Their depth suggests to me that they aren't destine to go around in circles.

Oh, thank god, I thought it was just me.They haven't even really got together properly in the UK yet and I'm already staring at the screen going "What are you thinking?!"I'm sorry but I just don't get why these two people would be interested in each other at all.

Interesting to hear that they keep breaking up because I fully expected that to happen, simply because it's what happened with Drew and it's a very similar relationship.I liked Belle and Drew to start with but the first time they split up it should have stuck and I was relieved when he left and spared us another cycle.If they've just started doing it again with Aden in his place it's going to get very dull.

UK/AUS Spoiler -

I kind of hope they don't get back together. From the spoilers saying that there's something between Belle and Angelo, well I hope there isn't but at the same time I don't want Adelle back together. They've had their shot and it's not going to work out in the long run. The hype's just getting exhausting now anyway.

:P

I LOVE Adelle (I created the Adelle fan thread, that must mean something) but I do agree with a couple of the points made here...

Especially the makeupbreakup discussion. Us JnM fans (and non JnM fans too :lol:) were harrowed by the two bloody years before they sorted themselves out (and you can bet it will be messed up for them again at some point) and we don't need it with another great couple. If they were working through Aden's abuse issues and having slight problems because of that, I would think of it as a great storyline, but just plain "you started it" fights every 5 days are iiiiritating!

I think Aden needs to stop relying on Belle as the "only good thing in his life" and realize that he has to live for himself, not for someone else. He is doing exactly what he told Larry not to do. When Larry was getting off the grog in the hope that Aden would come back and live with him if he didn't drink anymore, Aden told him that he has to do that for himself, not for Aden, because he didn't want to live with him again. And that is what broke Larry in the end - he couldn't do it for himself and Aden had abandoned him. Aden looks to be going down exactly the same route.

The initial pairing of Belle and Aden did definitely smell like there was no one else to put Belle with, and it did seem random. But I became convinced (probably through the good acting) that there could be something deeper there. Belle definitely seems to have matured bucketloads since her relationship with Drew - she has lost the manipulative streak she inherited from her mother. Let's see if she can take it a step further and put herself in someone else's shoes and try to be supportive, regardless of whether or not she actually understands what is going on inside Aden's head.

Maybe they get better, although from what I'm hearing about the recent Australian episodes it sounds as though they actually get worse and Aden belongs in a secure mental hospital.(What's the bet he'll be "cured" in two months max?)But from what we've seen in the UK I just don't get it.Aden, I'll admit, has started acting like a human being around her but whenever I see them together it just looks wrong. Jade-and-Seb wrong.Heck, Cassie-and-Henk wrong.I started off thinking they were going to be a Belle/Drew rehash but they actually seem more like Belle/Dom.She certainly attracts them...

Not really an Anti comment, but I'm too scared to say it in the Appreciation thread :P: looks like Adelle are O-V-A-H. I don't blame Aden for what he did, but I'm not sure if I'd respect Belle if she went back to him after it. It's a complicated situation. Love is nice, and I do believe they love each other, but he really went crazy and scared the hell out of her. Maybe a long way off in the future it could work again, but right now... I don't want them to even try. Aden needs to learn to be okay on his own, and Belle needs to learn that she can't risk an abusive relationship with someone who's clearly not stable. She made that mistake pining for Dom :rolleyes: I have faith that Aden WILL be stable with help, because he's not a bad person and this was way out of character for him, but... it just wouldn't be logical for Belle to risk it right now. I hope they don't even try to rekindle the romance, but it would be nice if she could be his friend.

Not really an Anti comment, but I'm too scared to say it in the Appreciation thread :P

Same here with what i'm about to write :)

I'm not anti-Adelle but I don't want them back together at least not for a very long time. Their relationship before this week was one that I enjoyed (though i'm the same emmasi with the backwards brain and the not liking them as much as soon as they became mainstream and popular) but for Aden to be magically cured and the pair to get back together within a couple of weeks would be completely unrealistic and insulting to the characters, particularly Belle.

Both characters are amazing, and I think Belle really does love Aden (which is why I don't want her to rebound with Angelo) but for now at least i'm going to say I think they should be apart.

Archived