Beauty In The Breakdown

Guest whispered_envy

OMG! You are so evil! Eviler [if thats a word] than Justin! Leaving us on a clifflie like that!!!

I hope Belle doesn't pull away from Aden more now that his brother tried to kill her!

Can't wait till you update once again! Hope you have a good two weeks though!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Erm... ok...JUSTIN!!!

I didn't see that one coming - well, not in an 'attempted murder' guise anyhow.

Are we going to find out why he did it? Was it so the the 'family secrets' couldn't travel any further?

Poor Aden - he really caught the short straw when it comes to families!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so this part is a little later than expected, but I was having a few troubles with it, only because H&A stole my reason why Belle couldn't be with Aden anymore- I just hadn't wrote it yet! :P Oh well, it turned out slightly differently anyway. Enjoy!

Chapter Five:

Head and heart pounding, Aden ran into the hospital. He had jumped out of the car, and left Roman calling after him to wait. “Where is she? Where’s Belle?” He called out desperately.

“Aden?” Rachel appeared out of nowhere.

“Rachel! Where’s Belle?”

“Belle...yes. Follow me.” She turned on her heel and started walking briskly. Aden quickly caught up with her, barely speaking. His head was spinning. He didn’t understand how his brother could do this to him, when he knew how much Aden still loved her. What the hell had he been thinking?

“She’s in here.” Rachel indicated her room- the door was closed. Aden started to go for the door, but Rachel stopped him. “Aden.”

“What?”

“Try and stay calm. She doesn’t need anymore stress.” Rachel told him wisely.

Aden nodded, and pushed the door open.

Inside he found Belle, lying timidly on the bed. Sitting by her side, stroking her hand, was Angelo. “Aden!” She gasped, and struggled to sit up in her bed.

Angelo stood up abruptly. “I don’t think it’s a good idea that you’re here, mate.”

“What’s wrong with me being here? I need to speak to Belle.” He told him urgently, eyes darting back and forward between the both.

“Yes, but seeing you are close to those involved in her accident...”

“What? You think I asked him to do that to Belle?” Aden shouted.

“No, I wasn’t saying that!” Angelo protested.

“As if I could do that to her! I’m nothing like my brother!”

“Aden, there are things that need to be resolved, but I don’t think this is the time or the place to do it!”

Belle cut them both off. “Angelo, it’s okay! I would like to speak to Aden about a couple of things. Alone.” She added pointedly.

“Are you sure?”

Belle nodded.

“Okay. I’ll go get a cup of coffee then.” He gave her a kiss on top of her forehead, and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Aden started pacing up and down. “I don’t understand...I don’t understand...I don’t get why he’d do something like that to you!”

“Aden...your brother...he told me why.” Belle said sadly.

“What? Why?” He asked desperately.

“He didn’t want the family secret to get out...he was scared I would tell everyone about your grandfather. He kept repeating over and over again ‘this is the only way, this is the only way.’” She revealed quietly. She didn’t even want to think about what had happened to her, but she had to tell him.

“He tried to kill you...because you knew about my grandfather?” Aden was shocked.

“Yes.”

Aden flew into a rage. “That...that bastard! That heartless scumbag! When I get my hands on him, I swear I’m going to kill him! I’ll smash his skull in and drown him, and then he’ll know how it feels!”

“Aden, shut it!” Belle shouted at him. “Just shut it!”

He was confused by her sudden outburst. “What’s wrong?”

“Don’t you see? This is exactly why I couldn’t be with you!”

“What?”

“Aden, you scare me. Look at you, talking about killing your brother like that! It scares me! I don’t want you to kill him, and yet you seem to think the only way to solve a problem is by violence! When I was with you, sure we had fun and good times, but I was always frightened that you would turn around and hurt me! I was scared of you!”

Aden was shocked. “Belle, I would never hurt you!”

“How do I know that? How do I know that you won’t turn out like your brother? You’re acting exactly like him, and look at what he did to me! I know you had no part in what happened to me, but Aden, I can’t trust you. You frighten me too much.”

“Is that the real reason why you broke it off with me?” Aden was stunned and hurt by her harsh words. He had wanted the truth, but he hadn’t expected it to be this brutal.

Belle stopped shouting. She had to keep calm, so her health would improve. “Yes. I can’t be with someone who scares me so much.”

“But Belle...I only ever want to protect you.”

“Aden, I can’t be with you.”

“But you’re the only person I trusted to tell about my grandad. Doesn’t that mean something to you?”

“It means the world to me.” She told him quietly. “I even thought that after you opened up to me that things would change, but you’re such an angry and violent young person, I don’t know if I could ever feel completely safe with you.”

“Is that why you chose to be with Angelo?”

“Yes. I feel safe and comfortable with him. It’s completely different to what I feel for you.”

“I thought we were perfect.”

“I wish we had been.” Belle told him wistfully, and Aden sensed a hint of regret in her voice. “But it’s time to move on. I’m sure you will find someone else that will make you happy, someone that can handle the dangerous streak in you better than I could.”

Aden had nothing else to say. He felt horrible- he didn’t realise Belle felt like this. Deep down, though, he understood what she was saying. He was a very angry person, and in the past he had dealt with his emotions by using violence. He had scared Belle time and time again with his frightening outbursts, and now she couldn’t deal with it anymore. As much as it broke his heart to think about it, it made perfect sense that she couldn’t be with him.

“I’m so, so sorry.” He whispered, fighting back tears. Picking up her hand he gave it one last kiss, before he fled the room, not wanting to look into those beautiful eyes of hers for one second longer.

He ran into Angelo, coming back to her room with a hot cup of coffee. They looked at one another, both studying each others faces to gauge emotions.

Aden’s voice broke the silence. “You...you just look after her, okay?”

Angelo nodded. “Yeah, mate, I will.”

With those words, Aden was out of there, realising that he had lost the only person that he had ever truly loved.

Archived