Beauty In The Breakdown

Guest whispered_envy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was absolutely incredible. You have already got me hooked. I feel like you were able to show how heartbroken and lost he feels now that Belle has left him without it being sappy.

I wonder who this new guy is. I hate him already. I probably should be angry at Belle but I'm choosing to believe that Aden is still the guy she loves and theres another reason for the break up.

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter Two:

Aden walked heavily down the corridors of Summer Bay High, eyes fixated on the floor. Around him, people chatted to their friends, gossiping about the latest scandal, but Aden ignored it all. He wasn’t in the mood for all this happiness.

He passed Geoff and Ruby talking at their lockers. “Aden!” Geoff called out to him.

Stopping and turning, Aden sighed. “What?”

“I’m sorry to hear about you and Belle.” Geoff told him kindly.

“Why are you sorry, Bible Boy? Unless you’re the new guy that Belle’s falling for, stay out of it!” Aden was frustrated. The last thing he wanted to talk about was Belle.

“No, of course I’m not! I just-”

“You just thought you would rub it in my face.” Aden growled. “How very Christian of you!”

“Aden! I thought we were getting along!” Geoff sounded confused.

“The only reason I was getting along with you was for Belle’s sake. Now stay the hell out of my business, Campbell, or you’ll have some real problems on your hands.” And with that, Aden continued on down the corridor.

“Real tactful, Geoffrey.” Ruby sighed.

“What did I do?”

----

Aden leaned against the balcony, staring out at the sky. He was supposed to be in class, but he didn’t see the point when he wasn’t able to take in one word the teacher said. This was much tougher than he thought it would be.

Nicole appeared out of nowhere. “Hey Mopey. Why aren’t you in class?”

“Don’t want to be. Why aren’t you?” He shot back.

“Gotta go see Bartlett about something.”

“Well, you better hurry along like a good little girl, then.” Aden sneered at her.

Nicole laughed. “Jeeze, just because Miss Perfect Girlfriend broke up with you, doesn’t mean you have to take it out on the rest of us.”

“Oh, shut it Nicole.”

“Look, get over yourself. You’re not the only one with problems.”

“What? Still haven’t received that pony?” He turned away from her and started walking.

Nicole followed him, talking. “You’d think the whole world was against you or something, the way you’re going on about this whole Belle thing! Get over her already- there are other girls out there besides her.”

“You’ve got no idea what you’re talking about, Princess.” Aden tried to brush her off.

“I’m sick of you moping around the house, and I bet Roman is too. All I’m saying is that you need to get over Belle and move on.”

“Well, I’m sick of listening to you. Goodbye Nicole.” Aden headed off down the stairs.

“Where are you going? Class is back that way!” Nicole shouted after him.

“I know!” Aden called back, before disappearing from sight.

Nicole rolled her eyes. Nothing was ever simple with that boy.

----

Walking along the beach, Aden knew that, unfortunately, Nicole was right. He did need to get over Belle, but how the hell was he supposed to do that? It would be so difficult, especially as they worked together. He’d probably even see her with this new guy all the time, and Aden knew it would take great self control not to go up to him and smash him in the face.

He had to talk to someone. Someone who knew nothing about Belle. Someone who he hadn’t seen for years, and could give an unbiased opinion on the whole situation.

Picking his mobile out of his pocket, he scrolled to the J’s. Pressing the call button, the number dialled quickly.

“Hello, Justin? It’s Aden.” He let out a small smile. “Yeah, your baby brother Aden. Long time no speak, hey?” The smile slowly faded off his face. “Listen, Justin, I need to talk to you.”

“About everything.”

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter Two:

Aden walked heavily down the corridors of Summer Bay High, eyes fixated on the floor. Around him, people chatted to their friends, gossiping about the latest scandal, but Aden ignored it all. He wasn’t in the mood for all this happiness.

He passed Geoff and Ruby talking at their lockers. “Aden!” Geoff called out to him.

Stopping and turning, Aden sighed. “What?”

“I’m sorry to hear about you and Belle.” Geoff told him kindly.

“Why are you sorry, Bible Boy? Unless you’re the new guy that Belle’s falling for, stay out of it!” Aden was frustrated. The last thing he wanted to talk about was Belle.

“No, of course I’m not! I just-”

“You just thought you would rub it in my face.” Aden growled. “How very Christian of you!”

“Aden! I thought we were getting along!” Geoff sounded confused.

“The only reason I was getting along with you was for Belle’s sake. Now stay the hell out of my business, Campbell, or you’ll have some real problems on your hands.” And with that, Aden continued on down the corridor.

“Real tactful, Geoffrey.” Ruby sighed.

“What did I do?”

----

Aden leaned against the balcony, staring out at the sky. He was supposed to be in class, but he didn’t see the point when he wasn’t able to take in one word the teacher said. This was much tougher than he thought it would be.

Nicole appeared out of nowhere. “Hey Mopey. Why aren’t you in class?”

“Don’t want to be. Why aren’t you?” He shot back.

“Gotta go see Bartlett about something.”

“Well, you better hurry along like a good little girl, then.” Aden sneered at her.

Nicole laughed. “Jeeze, just because Miss Perfect Girlfriend broke up with you, doesn’t mean you have to take it out on the rest of us.”

“Oh, shut it Nicole.”

“Look, get over yourself. You’re not the only one with problems.”

“What? Still haven’t received that pony?” He turned away from her and started walking.

Nicole followed him, talking. “You’d think the whole world was against you or something, the way you’re going on about this whole Belle thing! Get over her already- there are other girls out there besides her.”

“You’ve got no idea what you’re talking about, Princess.” Aden tried to brush her off.

“I’m sick of you moping around the house, and I bet Roman is too. All I’m saying is that you need to get over Belle and move on.”

“Well, I’m sick of listening to you. Goodbye Nicole.” Aden headed off down the stairs.

“Where are you going? Class is back that way!” Nicole shouted after him.

“I know!” Aden called back, before disappearing from sight.

Nicole rolled her eyes. Nothing was ever simple with that boy.

----

Walking along the beach, Aden knew that, unfortunately, Nicole was right. He did need to get over Belle, but how the hell was he supposed to do that? It would be so difficult, especially as they worked together. He’d probably even see her with this new guy all the time, and Aden knew it would take great self control not to go up to him and smash him in the face.

He had to talk to someone. Someone who knew nothing about Belle. Someone who he hadn’t seen for years, and could give an unbiased opinion on the whole situation.

Picking his mobile out of his pocket, he scrolled to the J’s. Pressing the call button, the number dialled quickly.

“Hello, Justin? It’s Aden.” He let out a small smile. “Yeah, your baby brother Aden. Long time no speak, hey?” The smile slowly faded off his face. “Listen, Justin, I need to talk to you.”

“About everything.”

i loved that line - great chapter

can't wait to read more.

Archived