Libby Temporarily Recast

Guest Dan F

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A month is 20 episodes worth of rewrites, and if Libby is really ingrained to the storyline that's happening at the time, it would be an insane amount of work to rewrite that many episodes. Even the ones she's not in would be affected because the whole street interacts with each other these days, and one character affects another, the way it should be. That Luke character has no other reason to be there except to taunt Dan through Libby, so what are they supposed to do with him? Lay off the actor for a month until they can write him back in? By that time the rivalry would have died off and it wouldn't make sense anymore. The recast is the best they can do n a difficult situaton, so... go with it.

And as for writers suffering...why is it "suffering" for them to do rewrites?That's their job!

Its also, no doubt, their passion, they've carefully planned all these storylines with Libby, some possibly linking to others but oh, no lets scrap that at the last minute leaving a huge plothole...........that's why it'd frustrate them. Plus you're supposed to be watching Libby, NOT Kym Valentine, It really doesn't matter who plays her.

Oh boy.I'm tempted just to say "Let's all agree to disagree", because this is on the verge of turning nasty.Twenty episodes...what, every one would have to be rewritten just because Libby goes away for a bit?A month is hardly an eternity and what's the bet the plot won't have moved that much in that time anyway.Libby doesn't have to be around for Lucas to needle Dan, the idea would be enough.And Kym Valentine is Libby.Different actress, different interpretation, different character.If the whole show and all its storylines are going to collapse just because one person goes missing then there's something seriously wrong with the way it's set up.

A month is 20 episodes worth of rewrites, and if Libby is really ingrained to the storyline that's happening at the time, it would be an insane amount of work to rewrite that many episodes. Even the ones she's not in would be affected because the whole street interacts with each other these days, and one character affects another, the way it should be. That Luke character has no other reason to be there except to taunt Dan through Libby, so what are they supposed to do with him? Lay off the actor for a month until they can write him back in? By that time the rivalry would have died off and it wouldn't make sense anymore. The recast is the best they can do n a difficult situaton, so... go with it.

And as for writers suffering...why is it "suffering" for them to do rewrites?That's their job!

Its also, no doubt, their passion, they've carefully planned all these storylines with Libby, some possibly linking to others but oh, no lets scrap that at the last minute leaving a huge plothole...........that's why it'd frustrate them. Plus you're supposed to be watching Libby, NOT Kym Valentine, It really doesn't matter who plays her.

Oh boy.I'm tempted just to say "Let's all agree to disagree", because this is on the verge of turning nasty.Twenty episodes...what, every one would have to be rewritten just because Libby goes away for a bit?A month is hardly an eternity and what's the bet the plot won't have moved that much in that time anyway.Libby doesn't have to be around for Lucas to needle Dan, the idea would be enough.And Kym Valentine is Libby.Different actress, different interpretation, different character.If the whole show and all its storylines are going to collapse just because one person goes missing then there's something seriously wrong with the way it's set up.

Why should the writers have to do rewrites? They've already done their job plotted their storylines for that month and have moved on. It's the same with every job someone gets sick or goes on a holiday they get someone to replace them in order to get the job done. I wouldn't want anyone from my job to work any harder then they already do if I was off for a month because I klnow how the job is and I wouldn't expect them too either. It is only temporary if you don't like Michala Banas portrayal just remember she's only temporary and Kym will be back.

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone hear the Hamish and Andy show on Thursday? They were talking about Michala Banas and arguing over whether viewers would notice the change. Hamish claimed that Michala had covered for him several times over the last couple of years, and then Michala suddenly took over, pretending to be Hamish. :lol: Andy was calling him an idiot, but apparantly he hadn't noticed.

• 1 month later...

Archived