Libby Temporarily Recast

Guest Dan F

^They're in the middle of storylines, and she'll only be off for a month. She's probably too sick to film enough scenes to be written out anyway.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, they couldn't have seen this coming so it's not like they could have planned for it. It's damage control, and I'm sure it will work out fine.

However, I would have cast Cathy Freeman :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^They're in the middle of storylines, and she'll only be off for a month. She's probably too sick to film enough scenes to be written out anyway.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all, they couldn't have seen this coming so it's not like they could have planned for it. It's damage control, and I'm sure it will work out fine.

She'll only be off for a month so why can't they put the storylines on hold for that long?She's too sick to film a departure scene but why would she need one?It seems more like damage creation than damage control.

I can't help remembering when Madeline West was injured and they wrote Dione out until she was better, rewriting the scripts accordingly.I'm sorry but I fail to see how this is the best solution.

She'll only be off for a month so why can't they put the storylines on hold for that long?She's too sick to film a departure scene but why would she need one?It seems more like damage creation than damage control.

I can't help remembering when Madeline West was injured and they wrote Dione out until she was better, rewriting the scripts accordingly.I'm sorry but I fail to see how this is the best solution.

I just remember when Delta got sick and the total assassination they did with Nina to write her out the way they did.

Why would it be damage creation to temporarily replace an actress while she is sick? Why should the writers have to suffer? Why should the story suffer? The character will go on as it would normally would she would just look and sound different. Michala is an awesome actress and I'm sure the storyline would continue the best it can under the circumstances.

I just remember when Delta got sick and the total assassination they did with Nina to write her out the way they did.

Why would it be damage creation to temporarily replace an actress while she is sick? Why should the writers have to suffer? Why should the story suffer? The character will go on as it would normally would she would just look and sound different. Michala is an awesome actress and I'm sure the storyline would continue the best it can under the circumstances.

Yeah, okay, the way Nina left was total pants but that just shows the writers at the time were useless.I really don't see why the story would suffer just because a character disappears for a month.It's all right saying it'll be the same character but the fact is it won't be.If you change the way a person looks, speaks and moves then that's EVERYTHING.

I don't know the actress or indeed the show she was in(I don't think we get it over here)so I can't comment on her ability.And as for writers suffering...why is it "suffering" for them to do rewrites?That's their job!

A month is 20 episodes worth of rewrites, and if Libby is really ingrained to the storyline that's happening at the time, it would be an insane amount of work to rewrite that many episodes. Even the ones she's not in would be affected because the whole street interacts with each other these days, and one character affects another, the way it should be. That Luke character has no other reason to be there except to taunt Dan through Libby, so what are they supposed to do with him? Lay off the actor for a month until they can write him back in? By that time the rivalry would have died off and it wouldn't make sense anymore. The recast is the best they can do n a difficult situaton, so... go with it.

And as for writers suffering...why is it "suffering" for them to do rewrites?That's their job!

Its also, no doubt, their passion, they've carefully planned all these storylines with Libby, some possibly linking to others but oh, no lets scrap that at the last minute leaving a huge plothole...........that's why it'd frustrate them. Plus you're supposed to be watching Libby, NOT Kym Valentine, It really doesn't matter who plays her.

Archived