Style & Fashion

Guest Eli

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the kiss pink one, its like the breast cancer one, it came with lip gloss too! I thought lip gloss and hair straighteners were a weird combination, but oh well it was free lol

Haven't used it yet though, got it this arvo

I'm in a bit of a fashion quandry at the moment.

So, yesterday I got a gorgeous beige miniskirt from Topshop (it was £10, how could I possibly resist?!) It comes to between half and three-quarters of the way down my thigh, depending on how high up I wear it. It's got kinda ruffly layers in it, too. Thing is, what can I wear it with? I was thinking either thick black tights, or skin coloured ones, but then I have no idea what to wear on top. Like, in the day, I can wear it with flats/Converse with a vest top and a jumper, but how can I jazz it up for the evening? I know it can be done, I just don't know how! Help would be muchos appreciated, thanks!

Hmm, I don't know, beige is generally a colour I stay away from because it looks rubbish with my skin colour. But I guess I would wear it with black leggings and heels and probably a black going outy top. And then, because I can't help myself around bright colours, I would wear my trusty bright pink cardigan/hoody thing.

But, that's just my style. And a skirt for £10 from Topshop?? Jealous!! I love Topshop but since uni I've had to give it up, I can't afford to shop! :(

• 1 month later...

I didn't know where to ask my question but it's fashion related so here goes.

I'm thinking about printing a picture on a t-shirt as a Xmas gift. Will the picture fade or disappear after being washed several times? :unsure:

I've never done that before. If the picture disappears after a while, I don't really see the point of making such a t-shirt and I'll have to come up with something else. :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, I kind of want some help with trying new styles and breaking away from what I usually wear...

I usually dress in a 60/40 split Casual/Feminine(classic/boho) style and I'm kind of bored of wearing the same stuff all the time. I have lost a lot of weight (ie. I was a size 14-16 2 years ago and I am now a size 10) and my build is also quite athletic (ok i'm not really really toned but I am very petite now) But i'm top heavy.

Any suggestions would be great :)

Ok, I kind of want some help with trying new styles and breaking away from what I usually wear...

I usually dress in a 60/40 split Casual/Feminine(classic/boho) style and I'm kind of bored of wearing the same stuff all the time. I have lost a lot of weight (ie. I was a size 14-16 2 years ago and I am now a size 10) and my build is also quite athletic (ok i'm not really really toned but I am very petite now) But i'm top heavy.

Any suggestions would be great :)

I'm in no way any expert, but try to start wearing all the things that you used to avoid. High waisted is a cute fashion at the moment, that works really well on more petite people, and also wearing babydoll style tops with belts or something to accent your waist. Try a high waisted skirt or shorts, with a tank top tucked in. Either a tight one, or a baggy one that you can then poof out a bit (if that makes any sense)

If you're top heavy, then wear things that accentuate your legs, skinny jeans and heals etc. What sort of height are you? Ruffles are really cute atm, and you can get super cheap tank tops with them on the sleeves (from shops like Kookai or Country Road) Don't be afraid to take risks.

Try some new accesories too, long necklaces are a must at the moment (and they can be easily made wtih some chain and a random pendant, I have a butterfly that is from when I was like 10 that I'm wearing) Scarves are very fun to play around with, they can add a blast of colour to an outfit. I'm having a headband obsession currently (Gossip girl...) and you can find so many cute ones that add something to your outfit. A new handbag might be nice, to update boring old outfits (not that I'm saying they're boring lol)

Play around, have fun. Buy Vogue or Fashion Quarterly and have a flick through, I never buy anything from them, but they're perfect for finding ideas for outfits and accesories. In-style is a more casual sort of fashion mag that I quite like too.

Anyway, that's pretty much what I do (not sure if it will help you at all) But have a play around, and find something that you feel comfortable in.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have an issue for you to twist your minds around. I'm going over to a friend to get my hair cut today (she's way better than any hair dressed I've ever had. I haven't been to a professional in almost three years, and I haven't had a single bad haircut!) and I'm thinking about trying something new. My hair is like dark brown, with a touch of chestnut, and fairly straight. Now I suddenly got this crazy idea that I want to try a fringe again... I have had like a diagonal fringe-ish solution (sort of like Esther Anderson. My hair is kinda similar to hers at the moment, both when it comes to colour and style) but I'm not so sure about it anymore, so I'm thinking about trying a more classic fringe again. Now I had that when I was in elementary school, and because I looked like a friggin five year old until I was 12, I've developed a fringe-phobia. I'm thinking something similar to what Kate Moss has

kate_moss_5095418.jpg

and Tammin Sursok had

tammin-sursok-745417.jpg

Any opinions? Because I desperately need your help. I'm the kind of person who will cry for weeks if I get a really bad hair cut :P

Archived