Style & Fashion

Guest Eli

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, i have a big problem. I'm a fifteen year old girl who is really intereste in fashion etc and I think I dress well for what I want and I feel good in what I wear. BUt I am short, annoyingly thin and always always look like I'm 12 or 13.

I've tried eye make-up, older clothes, straightened hair.. everything and it still happens to me!

Anyone else have this problem?

Any solutions?

I don't even get asked for ID when I ask for a childs ticket at the movies! Most people my age are getting into R16's etc...

It sounds really silly to you, but it's such a huge problem and I just don't like always looking so young. My hairdresser asked me what primary school I went too... I can't get a job because I look too young!

ok well...chicken fillets may help :P also...makeup...r u blonde? if u are perhaps get ur eyebrows tinted and always wear mascara and eyeliner and a bit of bronzer on ur cheekbones. flip through a few fashion magazines...things like shirt dresses with tan leather accessories are always hot and a bit more of a mature style but still not old. but theres nothing wrong with looking young! i know its annoying getting carded but enjoy it while it lasts! xo

Have you tried wedge heel boots? They make you a bit taller, aren't necessarily something a 12 year old would wear, and they're casual enough not to be considered heels. They're very popular here right now, and you can use them with both jeans and skirts/dresses.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProd...020&d=Shoes

http://www.bianco.com/collections/product_...45d6ab3c59fdb94

http://www.bianco.com/collections/product_...45d6ab3c59fdb94

^^ i loveeee country road! i got an awesome country road cardi 2 weeks ago :) its navy with short sleeves...its awesome!

It's one of the best shops ever!!, I also love Witchery (I just wish we had Kookai)

I so wish I had moved to Wellington earlier, Shopping in Dunedin doesn't compare in the sightest!!

I sort of have a similar problem but not really. After being skinny for most of my life I have now grown into my 'woman' body and I'm a size 14/16, which is ok but my friends are all size 10/12. I'm rather tall so I don't look as big as I am but I find it difficult being with them on saturday nights when we're all done up, ready to go clubbing as I begin to feel like a freakin giant (my friends are also short).

Anyway, I excersize an hour a day and I eat well, so I'm not here to have a bitch about my weight lol. Just after some advice on what kind of clothes would be good for looking slimmer. Obviously anything black and that is what I have stuck to mostly but I miss wearing bright colours. So any advice anyone has on what style tops, pants, jeans, skirts, etc would be awesome :)

I'm open to all suggestions

I'm no expert, but I'll share what I know. First of all, avoid yellow, especially if you're gonna be in photographs. Green works like black, makes you look smaller/slimmer, just like yellow works like white and can make you look larger.

Also I would avoid stripes. I know some stripes can make you look slimmer, but that's only if you use it 100% correctly to your advantage, which I honestly don't think a lot of people get right.

Generally colder tones (blue, green) work better than warm tones (red, yellow, orange).

Another trick is to try using clothes that are a little loose, but at the same time gives you a waistline. A tunic always works well, and if you wanna spice up the outfit a little and make your figure look better at the same time, wearing a basic tank top under can work wonders, and also make a clevage work with a tunic without looking trashy.

High heels generally makes you look slimmer. I'm 5'8, so I hardly ever wear high heels because that would make me the same height as many of my male friends, but even medium heels will have a good effect. I use boots similar to the ones I linked to in my last post because they work almost no matter how tall you are.

As for pants: straight leg or skinny! And if you don't feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans, try them with heels (like the boots I mentioned) before you make up your mind.

Hope that helps :)

Archived