Style & Fashion

Guest Eli

So I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I figure, clothes are clothes.

I have a halloween party coming up and no idea what to go as. Obviously it has to be something "scary" but I'm on a budget and I'm not a sie 10 like my friends if you know what I mean. Plus, although I may not be able to pull off a sexy Cat Woman suit or a Naughty Nurse outfit, I still want to look good so anything with bulky robes is out of the question...

Any ideas?? I'm completly stuck

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the most irresponsible habit of buying whatever I love no matter what is in my bank account.

I just love new clothes :wub:

I'm not sure how I'd describe my style...it's bright! Almost neon some days. Depending on what mood I'm in. It does tend to change a lot with my mood. It's usually some kind of brightly coloured leggings with a long top/dress and little gym shoes, then a cardigan/thin hoody thing and a leather jacket. I try and buy my clothes from interesting places (ie not topshop) I adore Camden Market and Portobello market and there are some amazing vintage boutiques near where I live which I love.

I also do the scrap booking thing but I have left them all at home so can't post pictures :( When I get home I will. Great thread by the way Eli :D Love your photos.

Ok, I'm going to a concert next week and I really don't know what to wear..

It's spring/summer so I could wear short shorts.. I just don't know!

Anyone have any ideas? It would be great?

Oh, and my style:

- I mostly wear skinny jeans in winter and spring, short shorts in summer

- Then I wear long sleeved white tops with different tops on front (just because I feel the cold like crazy...) I really love babydolls, florals and girly things

- I wear all sorts of scarves, they really jazz up an outfit

- I mostly wear chucks or my red ballet flats on my feet (unfortunately I don't have lots of money being a student to spend on lots of different kinds of shoes..)

- I'm loving ruffles at the moment, and have been practising sewing them on to scrap pieces of fabric untill I can actually bring up the confidence to sew some onto my clothes.. They're really cute on the sleeves of tanktops

Always on my neck is my silver 'return to tiffany's' heart! I got it for my 15th and I really love it! I feel weird not wearing it at school.. lol

what concert is it? coz u wouldnt want to go to a rock concert wearing a pink party dress haha. your style is heaps similar to mine! i love ruffles and anything girly! you should check out brisbane designer juli grbac! her clothes are always frilly and gorgeous! i got an awesome white ruffled singlet from glassons for $40 when i was over in melbourne. i would say for a concert maybe skinny jeans with a babydoll style cami with a cardi and a summer scarfe and then jazz it up with some enamel bangles and a belt.

That sounds like a really great idea!! Thankyou so much.

I will be sure to check that designer out. Thanks

It's Rihanna and Chris Brown.. I'm so excited! yeah I got a tank top with ruffles from kookai, it's really cute! It's a lilacy colour and I like it.. Even if it's just from Kookai lol

kookai is awesome! i love kookai! have u seen the purple, white and red maxi dress? its like the statement piece of their spring collection! i want it!

omg yes! i would wear it but maxi dresses drown me... I'm not the biggest peson. It sucks cos lots of stuff just makes me look like a 12 year old.

You said you weren't sure about the cat thing, but it's actually not that hard, it's probably one of the easier costumes to come up with. Are you good with makeup? Cause it's not that difficult to create a cat look using mostly black eyeliner. I think I might even have examples on how to do that somewhere, or I could try out some different effects myself and share if you're interested. For the costume itself, go simple, like black tights with a short black dress or tunic. For a tail you can use something as simple as a black stocking stuffed with tissue paper etc., and attach it to the dress with a safety pin. Ears attached to a headband aren't expensive or you could make them yourself. Throw in black nailpolish and you should be ready to go!

I just came home after a week in London, and I discovered something I actually found pretty cool. As a true tourist I bought lots of souvenirs, and a big black shirt with a map of the underground actually makes a pretty cool item to spice up regular jeans with uggs :P

Archived