Kirsty Appreciation Thread

Guest bubblepop

i find that whole thread hilarious. yes, she wears low cut tops and short skirts but if i was shaped like that so would i. plus she is only in her early 20s so that is completely normal.

1 tiny snog and she's a prostitute. oh dear, i think a lot of us must be too then.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find that whole thread hilarious. yes, she wears low cut tops and short skirts but if i was shaped like that so would i. plus she is only in her early 20s so that is completely normal.

1 tiny snog and she's a prostitute. oh dear, i think a lot of us must be too then.

I know because Martha pole-dancing is so lady-like and conservative. She's practically a nun :rolleyes:. Kane completely rejected Kirsty and told her to move on, so by doing so some people seem to think she is betraying Kane. Never mind that he betrayed her by being a violent criminal. Plus, if Kirsty and Miles are attracted to eachother, Kirsty HAD to make the first move, Miles just isn't the type of guy to be forward, he said so himself to Roman. Had Kirsty never put herself out there for Miles, nothing would have happened between them, and Miles would have fallen into the jealous clutches of that crazy-woman Leah. If you think about it, Kirsty did Miles a massive favour.

i don't think miles has much self confidence but it's not like he didn't want it to. as soon as she kissed him he felt he could lie his feelings on the line and tell her how he felt and i think he had felt like that since he first met her properly at irenes.

kane betrayed her by lying to her, imo. it wasn't the crimes that finished it, it was one too many lies.

Some of the anti Kirsty stuff is pretty ridiculous. It's one thing to not like a character but I haven't seen a single reason that holds up to any scrutiny. The fact is, nothing Kirsty does is right. In another forum someone brought up the fact that she made Jai a birthday cake as if she'd stuffed it full of poison!

She's a pretty, 20-something girl who is comfortable in her own skin. She doesn't dress anymore revealing than any of the other young female characters.

Anyway, back to something more positive. I liked seeing her talk out her fears about Miles with Irene. She's not the same selfish girl she used to be. She's weighing up the pro's and con's and thinking about all the people who would be hurt by any decision she makes. She's being more responsible and considerate than most people would be in her position.

In regards to the kissing Miles thing. All I could think of when she did it was 'go Kirsty!'. I wish I had the guts to kiss the guy I'm in love with when I had the opportunity!

It's great that someone else likes Kirsty! I feel that there aren't too many of us Kirsty fans.

I agree that a lot of the things said about Kirsty is ridiculous. It seems that people who don't like her just comes up with so much bad stuff that they could possible think of and that's really annoying me. Did someone actually say that about the cake? For me it seems that Kirsty cares about Jai and how he's doing so I can't see how they could see it that way.

I liked her talk to Irene too! It's good to see the two of them interacting like old times and I wanna see more of that. She really has changed, she is more mature and thinking everything through properly and she's not just jumping into anything. I also like the see Kirsty as a mum.

I kind of like seeing Kirsty on her own, without Kane and that's something I never thought I say owing to the fact that I'm a big KK fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the fact that Kirsty's doing so well for herself. Am I correct in thinking she didn't finish school? And she just spent the last three years of her life on the run, raising a child whose major fault seems to be a sweet tooth. Although that kid hasn't had a stable upbringing, he seems perfectly happy and well-adjusted.

I did see some comments about how she was irresponsible to leave Ollie with Jai - but it wasn't like it was for any extended length of time, just so she could take a walk.

Looking forward to seeing how her relationship with Miles develops. She was constantly up against her family during her relationship with Kane; it'd be nice to see her not having to contend with all that.

Personally, I think Kirsty's long been overdue some fun!

Have people honestly been calling her a prostitute because of the clothes she has worn? That's ludicrous. Ever since she's returned I've noticed that she's been wearing very conservative clothes compared to the other female characters (long skirts, etc.) Leah wears shorter skirts than what Kirsty does but you don't see people going around calling her a hooker. It's amazing how people can hate somebody just for the sake of hating them, and must come up with the stupidest excuses to justify why.

kris10na, I do think that there are many Kirsty fans. There are just a few anti-Kirsty people who are determined to badmouth her at every opportunity. So, it just seems like there are heaps of them. Really, it's the same people saying it over and over again! :P

i find the anti kirsty thread hilarious. yes she was critised for wearing short clothes, for being to sexually obvious with miles, making jaii a birthday cake and other odd things.

most recently she's been told off for having a go at jai for ollie's accident.

on the clothes issue there was one occasion when her skirt was a bit short and i was worried about seeing her knickers, but that was just once. the one thing i have noticed is that we haven't seen her in a bikini...

if she's bad for wearing short clothes, what are the bikini wearers.

i'm loving her with miles as he seems almost to need mothering and she seems to be a good mother figure as she always seems to be cooking or tidying.

I’ve just read the anti-Kirsty thread. What a bunch of biased nonsense. It is amazing how hateful and judgemental people can be.

Here’s a list one poster made of why people hate Kirsty:

- She was and still is generally annoying.

- She was always quite rude and horrible to her family and friends.

- She is stupid enough to go out with a rapist.

- She betrayed her sister and family by going out with her sisters rapist.

- She ran off with her 'love' even though it meant she wouldn't be able to see her family again (not to mention he is a rapist).

- She married the man who raped her sister.

- She gladly had a baby with the man who raped her sister.

- She was going to dump her son with someone else, yes for him to have a better life, but why couldn't she just leave Kane and stay with her son!

- She stayed on the run for 3 years with her son even though it wasn't good for him (yes she finally came to her senses, but any time on the run with a child is a stupid idea, never mind for that long!)

- She 'loved' kane soooo much that she could be with him despite him raping her sister and that she would never be able to see her family again and would go on the run with him, and would dump her son and stay with kane instead, yet as soon as he goes to jail she soon forgets about him and starts gettin it on with other guys, plural. what does that say about her.

- She's arrogant, and goes around in her underwear and kissing all the boys just assuming they will like her and then she will get what she wants.

Okay, so where do I start? Well before I do, I’m going to make it absolutely clear that I thought Kirsty was a rude, selfish, moody, stupid, etc. when she was originally on the show. Had I been on BTTB back then, I would probably be up in the anti-Kirsty thread badmouthing with them. But, I’m not because ever since Kirsty’s returned she has been a different person. And it is this Kirsty that I appreciate. So here it goes…

She’s generally annoying? This is the poster’s opinion. What makes Kirsty annoying is not reflective of Kirsty herself, but of the poster’s conscious thinking. Really, what the poster needs to do is justify why she thinks this. What is it that Kirsty does ‘generally’ to make her generally annoying? Until then, I’m going to remove this reason from the list :)

Next, “She was always quite rude and horrible to her family and friends.” Agreed. But let me put emphasis on the word ‘was’. She has very much changed from that, and I have yet to see her rude and horrible to any of her family and friends since she returned. You can’t hate a person for what they were like three years ago, unless you are an extremely bitter person. And if that’s the case, then that’s your problem, not her’s. So let me remove that reason from the list.

Furthermore, five of those reasons are all basically the same thing, reworded – She married and started a family with her sister’s rapist. Right, so that vastly shortens the list. And, while I will be the first to admit that doing what she did was bad, I have never stuck up for her during her previous stint on the show. Instead, I appreciate Kirsty for who she is since she arrived this year. I will keep this on the list though because it is definitely a big deal.

Now, despite what the poster thinks, Kirsty did not dump her son. She handed him over, and not just to anybody, she gave him to Irene who was like a mother to both Kirsty and Kane. They make it sound as if they dumped Ollie on Irene’s doorstep, without Irene’s say on the matter. This was by no means the case, AT ALL. And as the poster has acknowledged, it was all so Ollie could have a better life, which was an incredibly selfless thing for Kirsty to do. The poster then goes on to ask why she couldn’t just leave Kane and stay with her son. If Kirsty had done this, she would have been arrested, sent to jail, and wouldn’t have been able to be with her son anyway. So, let me remove that reason from the list.

The poster also says that as soon as Kane went to jail, she forgets about him and starts getting it on with other guys, plural. Well, I have yet to see her ‘get it on’ with anybody. As far as I am aware, she has kissed Miles but hasn’t actually gone ‘all the way’ with him. And if by ‘getting it on’ she means kissing. Well, she’s kissed one guy, Miles. Ric kissed her, and it was made very clear that she did not reciprocate. Therefore she hasn’t been getting it on with other guys, plural. She has kissed a guy, singular. What does that say about her? She’s moving on with her life, just as Kane told her to. Removed from list.

So, she stayed on the run for 3 years with her son even though it wasn’t good for him. Yes, she did. And, it was a stupid idea. But she made up for it by giving him to Irene. Better late than never, right? What’s more, she gave birth to him while she was on the run. It wouldn’t be healthy for Ollie if Kirsty gave him up as soon as he was born. And, who knows where they were when he was born? Far away from Summer Bay and anybody they knew, I presume. It was noble of Kirsty to not just dump Ollie on any stranger’s doorstep. And, of course, if she had, it would have been another reason to hate her, right? If Kirsty and Kane had been in Summer Bay when he was born, I guarantee that they would have left him with Irene before they went on the run.

As for the poster’s claim that she goes around in her underwear kissing all the boys to get what she wants. That is a blatant lie, and an obvious example of the many Kirsty-haters who are creating numerous excuses to hate her. They take one situation and stretch it to the point that it’s something completely different to what it really was. Kirsty doesn’t go around in her underwear and she doesn’t kiss all the boys. When she was in her underwear, it was in her home and it was after she had spilt stuff on the clothes she was in. When Miles caught her, she was clearly embarrassed and left the room. As for kissing Miles to get what she wants. What exactly did she kiss him for to get? If it’s for the ‘stable father figure’, Miles would have been that for Ollie whether he was together with Kirsty or not. Both knew that. And it definitely wasn’t for a place to live, because she had moved in to Summer Bay House before they got together.

So let’s look at that list now I’ve retouched it:

- She married and started a family with her sister’s rapist.

Again, this is definitely a valid reason to dislike Kirsty. But it happened years ago. Her family and friends forgave her, hell even Dani did and she was the one who got raped!

It seems that Kirsty-haters have put Kirsty in this corner, where ANYTHING she does, she will be criticized and hated for. Had she gone on the run and given Ollie to Irene, they would have criticized her for being a neglecting her child. So, when she goes on the run with her son, she is criticized for putting her son in danger. She’s worn a short skirt once or twice so she’s like a prostitute, but let’s ignore the fact that she has worn long skirts so many more times. She was told by Kane to move on from him, and when she did she was slammed for it because she was still in love with him. But, wait a minute, isn’t he a rapist? Shouldn’t you be glad that Kirsty’s not with him anymore. No! Because Kirsty can never do anything to correct the wrong things that she has done in the past. Even when she does something good like talking to Irene and weighing the pro’s and cons, they refuse to appreciate this and insist on responding with such statements as ‘So what?’ or ‘How moral of her!’ This more than proves the closed-mindedness of them all. Need I mention the constant of the use of the word rapist that gives the impression that Kirsty was Satan’s daughter? Kirsty didn’t rape her sister, it was Kane!

It’s beyond me how sour people can be towards somebody. I am aware that people have a right to dislike her if they have good reason. But it is extremely frustrating when they refuse to be open-minded, and need to nit-pick at anything they can to rationalize their reasons why they hate her so much.

RANT OVER! Wow…

Excellent post! I'm also surprised at how judgemental people are. She's a young single mother, and she's coping really well with all the recent turmoil.

It seems to me that the first port of call when insulting a woman is to call her some form of prostitute, when the only man Kirsty's ever slept with has been Kane. I think also if this accusation were to be valid at all, she'd be flirting with Bartlett - or at least be aware of his interest towards her.

I'm glad that she's grown up a lot - how old is she? Very early twenties? And all her friends are of the adult group, now Ric's left.

I thought Ric kissing her was funny, considering he's dated all his close female friends (Cassie, Belle, Mattie). It would have been interesting to see their friendship develop otherwise.

I also think her verbal smackdown on Nicole was hilarious - and shows Kirsty cannot be pushed too far, which could prove interesting later on.

Archived