Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

“Alright, well I’m going on a break now, do you two think you can keep it in your pants for an hour?” Roman asked, grinning at the both of them.

Gee Roman, subtle...

“If you play your card right, then I’d say your chances are pretty good”

“Mmmmm well I just so happen to be an excellent cards player”

Aden laughed, “Is that right?”

“You can count on it”

:lol: that was awesome!

hope Aden doesn't push Belle away :(

Update soon!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12.

“Belle! Phone call for you!” Irene called from the kitchen as Belle emerged from her room, half asleep.

“Who is it?” she asked, yawning.

“I dunno love”

“Hello, yes it is, oh, wow, thank you so much, yes of course, I’ll be there! Thank you so much! Ok, bye”

As Belle hung up the phone, Irene stood there waiting for the apparent good news.

“So?”

“That was the photography agency, they loved my folio! They said it was the best they had seen in years! They want me to work with them for a year, and if they are happy with me, they are going to pay for me to go to uni and study visual communications!! Can you believe it! I have to go tell Aden!”

“That’s amazing love, I’m so proud of you!” Irene said, beaming.

Belle quickly showered and got dressed, hoping to catch Aden before he went to school. She couldn’t remember the last time she was this happy.

With a piece of toast in her mouth she hurried out the door, letting it slam shut behind her.

As Belle approached Aden’s house she could her raised voices, but she couldn’t work out what they were saying, unsure whether she should go any further, she stood on the doorstep. Through the window, she could see Aden and Larry, clearly having an argument, Aden had what looked like a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

“I Thought you were serious about getting sober, dad, but all you are is a pathetic drunk!!”

“Aden please, just give me a chance, I’m your dad, I need you!”

“WHAT ABOUT WHEN I NEEDED YOU! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GRANDAD…You should have stopped him dad, YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED HIM!!”

Belle, unsure what to do, stood there quite confused, until Aden saw her though the window. She reached up to the door and knocked, pretended like she had just walked up.

Larry hobbled into the other room, as Aden wiped his eyes before he opened the door.

“Belle, what are you doing here?”

“I just came to, uh, is this a bad time? I can come back later if you want?”

“No, no, its fine, I was just leaving to go to school, walk with me?”

“Yeah, sure”, Belle said, with a concerned look on her face.

“Did you have another fight with your dad?” Belle asked as they walked along the footpath.

“He’s back on the booze again” Aden said, clearly upset by his father’s betrayal.

“Aden…”

“It’s fine, I’m the idiot, I should have known that he would never change…”

"What are you going to do?"

“I don’t know, I just can’t deal with his crap anymore…”

Belle squeezed his hand, letting him know that she was there for him. They walked the rest of the way to school in silence, Belle wanted to ask him about his grandfather, but she didn’t want to push him, up until then she had completely forgotten about her good news.

“So what was so important that you had to see me before school?” Aden inquired, looking across at Belle.

“Oh, uh nothing really, I uh, just wanted to know if you were free after school, I thought maybe you’d like to go to the beach or something…but if you’re not up for it I understand”

“Yeah, sounds great” Aden replied as he planted a kiss on her and walked up the driveway of the school.

Belle watched him walk away, deeply concerned by the conversation she had overheard.

“So, I spoke to Roman at lunch time and he’s cool with me moving back in with him” Aden told Belle as they sat on the beach watching the beach goers play in the surf.

“What’s going to happen to your dad?” Belle asked.

“Who cares, he’s made his choice, now and he’s got to live with it”

“Aden, alcoholism is a disease, your dad needs help”

“I can’t do it Belle, I’m sick of cleaning up his messes”

“I didn’t mean you, I mean they have rehabilitation programs for people just like your dad, maybe you should talk to Rachel about getting your dad into one of those…then at least you don’t have to worry about him, you wouldn’t even have to see him if that’s what you really wanted”

“Yeah, but those things cost money”

“I’m sure Rachel will be able to sort something out, we can go see her now if you want”

Aden sunk his feet into the sand, swatting away a sand fly he hung his head back, leaning against Belle.

“How do you do that?” He asked.

“Do what?”

“Always know what to do”

“Well, I think you’re forgetting that I’ve had my fair share of messed up family dramas”

Aden smiled, “Ahh, good point”

“How is your dear old mother, by the way?” He asked.

“Your guess is as good as mine” Belle replied, looking slightly annoyed.

“What, you mean you don’t speak to her anymore?” Aden asked, glad to talk about something else other than his family.

“Not for a couple of weeks now, I’m surprised she hasn’t called actually…” Belle responded.

“Why don’t you just ring her?”

“Well she and Peter have Drew living with them, and whenever I call he always answers the phone, we didn’t exactly end things on good terms”.

“I don’t know what you saw in that guy, I meant didn’t he hook up with your mum?”

Belle laughed, “Oh, go on, you can say it, I’m a pathetic loser, with zero self respect…”

Aden sat up and looked at Belle, an incredulous look on his face.

“Are you kidding me? You know how amazing I think you are?!”

Belle smiled, “Uh no, I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned that” she said as she pretended to rake her brain.

“Well you are”

“I am what?”

“The most, amazing, person, I know”

Belle scrunched her nose affectionately and kissed him gently.

“Yeah, you’re probably right” she replied.

“Is that a compliment?” he asked, leaning closer, gently brushing her fringe out of her face.

“Yeah, I think so” she said as she kissed him again.

“I’m serious, though, I mean it, I don’t know what I would have done without you, the last couple of weeks, you’re like the only good thing I have going in my life”

Belle looked up and wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his muscular shoulder.

“Well, whenever you’re ready, to talk about the not so good things, you know I’m here”

“Belle”

“Yeah?”

“You have got to be-“

“The most amazing girlfriend? Yeah I know” Belle said as she snuggled up to him.

Thanks heaps for all the feedback!! :) Sorry it took so long to update...

Chapter 13.

From what was a clear sunny day, had soon become masked by lurking grey clouds, which ruined the photo’s Belle has planned on taking. As she sat down in the sand, she carefully placed the cover on her camera lens and zipped up the bag.

“Hey, you! Don’t you know it’s rude to keep a girl waiting” Belle said as Aden approached her.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“About the job? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well, that’s what I was going to tell you now, what’s the big deal?”

“What, do you think I’m too fragile to handle your good news?”

“Aden, that’s not true, of course I don’t think-“

Aden sighed as he sat down next to Belle on the sandy beach.

“I’m sorry” he apologized, clearly frustrated at everything that was going on.

“It’s fine, you’re already forgiven, can we just have a nice day, no family dramas, no fighting?”

“Hmmmm, I think it can be arranged” Aden replied, standing up and reaching his hand out, pulling Belle up.

She wrapped her arm around his lower back as they walked along the beach.

“So what exactly qualifies as a ‘nice afternoon’?” Aden asked.

“Well, we both have the whole day off…any ideas?” Belle responded as she affectionately rubbed Aden’s back.

At that moment, a gentle roar came from up above, and droplets of rain beat down on the couple, who quickly dashed for shelter, Belle not wanting her camera to get wet raced ahead of Aden.

As Belle dried her hair with a towel, she turned to Aden who was shoving his wet clothes into his backpack.

“Ok, so the backpack is getting a bit ridiculous” Belle commented.

“What do you mean?” Aden asked, confused.

“You sleep here practically every night,” Belle explained as she pointed to her chest of drawers, “the middle draw, it’s yours”

Aden gave her a surprised look, unsure what to say.

“It’s just a draw” she said.

“Okay” Aden replied, smiling. “I have a draw”

“You have a draw” Belle replied, grinning back at him.

Belle climbed onto the bed, lying down next to him.

“So much for our nice day…”Aden said.

“Who says it still can’t be?” Belle said, leaning in and kissing him.

After several minutes of kissing Belle flipped round so she was lying on top of him. Aden pulled back all of a sudden.

“What’s wrong?” Belle asked, with a concerned look.

“Nothing, it’s just, I thought we were going to take it slow…”

“Yeah, and we have been, I thought you wanted to take things further”

Aden looked up at the ceiling avoiding Belle’s gaze.

“Of course I do”

“Then what’s the problem?” Belle paused for a second, ”If you’re not ready it’s fine, we can wait” she said as she sat up, readjusting herself.

“It’s not that” Aden replied, trying to figure out what to say to Belle.

“Is it me? Is it something I did?” Belle asked, beginning to look upset.

“No, of course not, why would you think that?”

“Well every time we get close, you pull away, it’s like you don’t want to be with me at all”

“Belle, it’s not you, you know how much you mean to me…”

“Then can you please just tell me what’s wrong?”

Aden feelings began to unravel as the events of the last few weeks had finally sunk it.

“Just please, leave it…” Aden began.

“How can I when I can see how upset you are?”

“Whatever it is, you can tell me, I want to help” Belle said as she grabbed his hand, squeezing it.

“Has this got something to do with your dad’s drinking? Or maybe your grandfather?”

“Why would you think that?” Aden asked, looking up at her.

Belle shot back an uneasy look, “Well the other morning when I came over to see you, I overheard you and your dad arguing, I wasn’t eavesdropping, you guys were practically screaming...”

Aden looked positively livid, “I can’t believe you didn’t say anything…”

“Aden please, just tell me what’s going on, I know you’re hiding something, whatever it is, I’m here for you, I’m not going anywhere”

“If you knew, you wouldn’t want anything to do with me…” Aden said so quietly, that it came out a whisper as a tear trailed down his face.

“That’s not true…” Belle replied.

“How can you say that, you don’t know what I’ve…”

“Because I care about you! Nothing you say will push me away, I promise!!” Belle said desperately.

“You promise?” Aden asked softly.

“I promise” Belle replied.

Archived