Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the wonderful comments :)

Chapter 11.

“Not so fast girly, you and me needed have a chat” Irene said as Belle tried to slip through the back door unnoticed.

Belle sighed, with a look of defeat, she sat down at the kitchen table across from Irene.

“Look, Irene before you say anything, just-“

“I’m just a little lost here Belle, now help me out, how long have you and Aden, been an item?”

“Almost a month now…I really care about him, we’re not just-”

Irene raised her eyebrows, “I thought after all the trouble you had with Drew, you were going to start to make good decisions. Aden of all people, you know what he’s like”

“You don’t know him like I do” Belle defended.

“Go on then…”

“Well, have you ever thought for a second the reason why he can be so difficult sometime is because no one ever gives him a break?”

“Difficult? Is that how you describe, getting Geoff drunk and putting him in a boot of a car, smoking up and causing a car accident, acting like a-“

The way that Irene was talking about Aden made Belle uncomfortable and was bringing up her own insecurities about their relationship, but she had made her decision to stick by him, “Ok, so he’s made some bad decisions in the past, but he’s not like that anymore, and when you get past all the bravado, he’s actually really sensitive and gentle…”

“Ok, ok I don’t need visuals, I just, I just hope you know what you’re doing”

“I do, I just would really like your support on this one, I need you to trust me”

After studying the look on Belle’s face and understanding how serious she was being, Irene sighed and gave in, “Ok love”. She gave a weak smile as she picked up her key and hurried off to work.

“Heya gorgeous” Aden greeted Belle as he hugged her from behind as she was working in the kitchen in the diner.

Belle smiled and turned to face him, stopping what she was doing.

“Just because people know about us doesn’t mean you have to man handle me every chance you get,” Belle explained as she released herself from his arms.

Aden grinned, “You weren’t complaining last night” as he folded his arms.

At that moment Roman walked back into the kitchen with a hand full of dirty plates. “There are plenty more where these came from, Aden.” Roman ordered as he stacked the plates for Belle to load in the dishwasher.

He turned around to face to two of them. “Am I interrupting something?” he asked as he stopped what he was doing.

“No” “Nope” Aden and Belle both chimed in unison.

“Right, well on that subject, I don’t have a problem with you two together, as long as you keep your relationship at work professional, in other words no make out sessions in front of the customers…”

Belle laughed, “Don’t worry, it won’t be happening again” she said as she bit her lip, looking over at Aden.

“Alright, well I’m going on a break now, do you two think you can keep it in your pants for an hour?” Roman asked, grinning at the both of them.

Belle rolled her eyes and returned to chopping the vegetables.

As Roman left, Aden walked over and leant against the bench that Belle was working at.

“So is Irene giving you a hard time?”

Belle looked up, “You don’t have to worry about Irene,”

“What, so she’s cool with it?”

“Not exactly, but she knows I’m old enough to make my own decisions or mistakes as she calls it…”

“So, she’s cool with me staying over?”

“She said, I quote, what you and Aden do or don’t do in my house, when I’m not there, I don’t want to know about it”

Belle noticed that Aden all of a sudden look uncomfortable and was avoiding her eye contact.

“What, what’s wrong?” Belle asked as she looked up at him, studying his expression.

“Uh oh, nothing, I’m just surprised that Irene’s ok with us, I mean we haven’t really gotten along in the past…”

“Yeah, that’s the understatement of the year…” Belle said as she returned to chopping the vegetables, not entirely convinced that that was all that was on Aden’s mind.

Perhaps he was put off by the fact that they hadn’t slept together yet. They had slept in Belle’s bed plenty of times together, but never gone there yet. She opened her mouth to bring it up, then she stopped herself, as she remembered they were in a public place.

“Can we talk about this later, we’ve kinda got an audience” Belle said as she gestured through to the Den, and sure enough there was Geoff, Annie, Ruby and Nicole watching them from their table, with their heads huddled together.

“Oooi, you, mister, I need to have a word with you” Irene squealed, as she dragged Aden into the kitchen in the diner. Belle had finished for the night and it was just Irene, Roman and Aden.

“Look, I know you and I haven’t gotten along in the past, and for some reason Belle has decided to do a complete back flip about you, considering she couldn’t stand the sight of you a couple months ago…I don’t know what you’ve done to make her trust you, but you remember, if you muck her around, you have me to deal with you got it?”

Aden opened his mouth to speak but Irene cut him off.

“Belle has been through the ringer this last year, with Dom and Drew, and the last thing she needs is another trouble maker causing her grief.” Irene continued.

“You don’t have to worry about me hurting her, Irene, I promise” Aden assured her.

The ocean was gently stirring as Aden and Belle walked along the beach bare foot, hand in hand, leaving two sets of footprints behind on the deserted beach. The sun was beginning to move closer to the horizon displaying an orangey pink painting in the sky. Belle admired the sky as Aden watched her.

“So are you staying over tonight? I’ll even let you use the front door this time!” Belle teased as she squeezed his hand.

Aden laughed, “Oh, wow I feel so privileged, bedroom door rights!”

Belle laughed, “Well it is a step up from the window, don’t ya think?”

“Oh, so we’re stepping things up are we?” Aden asked.

“I thought you we’re glad that we don’t have to sneak around anymore, isn’t that what you wanted from the start?”

“Yeah, of course it is” He reassured her, “It’s just, I don’t need Irene on my back, she warned me not to hurt you or I’d have her to deal with…”

“Don’t worry about Irene, she’s just being protective” Belle explained, ‘But if your that uncomfortable around her why don’t we stay are your place tonight, I mean your dad’s at that physio in the city, so technically we’ll have the whole house to ourselves” she said suggestively.

“Oh, there won’t be enough room for the both of us there” Aden began, “I mean, I’ve only got a single bed…”

Belle laughed, turning around to face him, pulling him closer, “I think we could manage” she said seductively.

Aden, caught on to what she was implying, “Oh crap, I completely forgot! I have to work on that assignment with Mattie, she’s gonna kill me if I don’t finish my part”

“I thought that was due ages ago?”

“Yeah it was, but Miles gave us an extension, with Dad in the hospital and all, but we really need to get it finished...”

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow” Belle replied, looking disappointed.

Aden noticed the disappointment on her face, “Hey, if I get it done tonight, then we can spend the whole day together tomorrow, maybe go for a swim or something?”

“Yeah alright” Belle said smiling, as she leant in and kissed him.

“You know, I never figured you the romantic type” Belle continued.

“Well, there’s a lot about me that you don’t know”

“Well, do I get to meet this person?”

“If you play your cards right, then I’d say your chances are pretty good”

“Mmmmm well I just so happen to be an excellent cards player”

Aden laughed, “Is that right?”

“You can count on it”

Archived