Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

Chapter 2.

“All right, settle down settle down, I know you’re all keen to get stuck into your major assessment pieces for the year, but let’s not get too excited eh?” Miles Copeland, the year 12 English teacher continued, “ I thought I’d put an exciting spin on this piece by putting you all in pairs, each person will be assessed individually, and your ability to work in pairs will also factor into your final marks…”

Despite getting off to a shaky start, Miles had soon become one of Summer Bay High’s most popular teachers, and even Aden found it difficult to dislike him. As he paired of the rest of the class, Miles walked up to Aden and Matilda.

“Mr. Jefferies, Miss Hunter, I expect that you both can co-exist peacefully, well just until your assignments are finished yeah?” Miles smirked at the look on Matilda’s face.

“Of course sir” Aden replied, grinning as he sat himself down next to Mattie. “Shall we, partner?” passing his tattered copy of the novel they were studying to her.

“You might want to invest in a new book, Aden seriously, this is disgusting!” Mattie complained as she sniffed it.

“Ah, well, you know what it’s like for people like us, have to do everything for ourselves, scrape a living, no family to support us…” Aden explained, smiling.

“Oh, last time I checked your father was still alive” Mattie retorted. That wiped the smile of Aden’s face, “Yeah, whatever” he replied.

“Maybe, if you stopped drooling over Belle 24/7, and actually did some work, Roman might give you a raise.” She suggested.

Aden laughed, “What, are you jealous?”

“I don’t get jealous, besides, she’s not buying the nice guy act, not for a second! ”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that” replied Aden.

“Really?! You actually think that after everything Belle’s been through with Drew and Dom that she would be stupid enough to get involved with you?”

“Why, whose Dom? What did he do to her?” Aden inquired.

“Oh..” realizing she had just over shared, Mattie tried to cover her mistake, “Just this creep who was obsessed with her, followed her around for a while, kinda like what you’re doing now…”

“What, you mean like a stalker?”

“You know what, we should get started, I don’t want to have to repeat this year again” Mattie concluded as she opened her exercise book and started to take notes.

“You’re the boss” Aden replied as he followed suit.

---

Later that afternoon, Belle and Mattie were in the Den having a milkshakes and catching up. “I swear Belle, I don’t know how you can stand working him, he’s just so in your face, all the time…“

At that moment, Nicole walked past, knocking over Belle’s milkshake all over the table and splashed vanilla froth all over Belle’s top. “Really mature Nicole!” Belle snarled as she jumped up. “Just an accident, get over it” Nicole replied as she pranced into the kitchen, “Roooooow-man!” she called.

Aden walked out of the kitchen with two dishes and saw Belle covered in milkshake and Matilda trying to help her clean it up. Belle spotted Aden walking over.

“Go on, say it, say whatever sleazy thing you have to say and then go.” Belle said angrily.

Aden laughed, “Well I was just going to clean up this mess, but if you’re going to be rude then I…”

Belle sighed. “Sorry, I uhhh… thanks” she smiled as Aden grabbed a cloth and cleaned their table for them. “No worries” he replied smiling back, he winked at her and walked off. Belle shook her head, rolling her eyes.

“Woah, woah woooah!” Mattie exclaimed, “What was that?”

“What are you talking about?” Belle responded confused.

“That look! Oh my God Belle!” Mattie laughed,“You poor girl!!”

“What?”

“Aden, You like him! Awww come on Belle, I know that look!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!”

“You are sooo falling for him!” Mattie teased, laughing as she nodded her head.

“No, I am not!”

“Ok, whatever you say”

Roman, walked up,” Belle look I’m really sorry but we are packed in there, do you mind starting your next shift a little early?”

“Yeah, sure.” Belle was glad to have an excuse to finish this conversation.

“What happened to your top by the way?” Roman asked. “Why don’t you ask Nicole?” she replied.

“Urgggh, like that girl can’t cause enough trouble, look I’m sorry about her, I’ll have a word to her” he stated, clearly frustrated.

Mattie snorted. “You know what, I think what she needs a good kick up the back side, I could have it arranged…” Matilda quipped, “anyway, I’ll catch you later Belle, I’m meeting Ric soon, and we have not finished this conversation!” Mattie giggled as she walked out of the Den.

Belle entered the kitchen and started emptying the dishwasher and Aden walked in and sat on the bench next to the freshly washed dishes, grinning at her.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she asked.

Aden ignored this and just continued to stare at her. “What are you doing after this?” he asked.

“Nothing involving you” she replied as she continued to stack the dishes up on the bench.

“Ok, so when is the act going to end?” he asked.

“What act?”

“You pretending you’re not interested in-”

“Yeah, because I’m not” interrupted Belle.

He paused for a second, “Well look, when you get over ego, you know where to find me” Aden smirked, as he went into the Diner to clean up the rest of the tables.

“Never going to happen!” she called out to him.

Aden stuck his head through the door, “You say that now…”

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 3.

Belle lifted a box of wine out of the delivery van and hauled it to the bar in the Diner.

“I still can’t believe that Jack and Martha are engaged, again! And so soon after Sam’s death and Martha breaking up with Roman…” Leah expressed as she unpacked the bottles of wine. It was clear that she was affected by this new development, seeing as it had only been a few months since Dan had died.

“Well, I guess when terrible things happen you realize what’s important, or in this case, who…” Belle suggested. “They are happy together, so who are we to judge, right?”

“I still think that they could take things a bit slower…and having their engagement party here of all places, it’s just a little bit insensitive” Leah complained.

“I don’t think Roman is too hung up about it, I mean did you see him down at the beach with Charlie?” Belle laughed. “That didn’t look like a man with a broken heart-“

“Yeah, yeah I get the picture…” Leah interrupted. “So, what’s going on with you?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” Belle responded.

“I mean in the relationship department, anyone special?” she teased.

Belle laughed, “Can’t say there is…”

“Well, you might not won’t to hear it, but I’ve noticed that Aden-“

“You’re right, I don’t want to hear it!” Belle interrupted, as she went to fetch the rest of the delivery supplies.

Leah smiled to herself as she followed Belle out the door to the van.

Later that day Belle was on the beach taking some photos. She had decided to start working on a folio, so she could pursue a career in photography, even if it meant unpaid work.

After taking several shots she leant against the log fence and sighed, taking in her surroundings. The beach was her favourite place in Summer Bay, it was so peaceful and yet somewhat dangerous at the same time.

“You know what your pics are missing?” a voice behind her asked.

“Why don’t you enlighten me Aden” Belle replied as she turned around to face him.

He jumped up and sat on top of the log barrier. “Me of course” he responded cheekily.

“Excuse me?” she said, raising her eyebrows.

“Oh, you see what you need is a model, figure in a landscape, you know what, seeing as I’m in a generous mood, I’m all yours, free of charge” he added.

Belle sat next to him, looking at him in disbelief.

“You really like yourself, don’t you?” she asked.

Aden laughed, “Well, I’m not the only one” he said, as he looked at her pointedly edging closer to her, till his face was inches from hers. Now looking directly into her eyes Aden expected Belle to edge away, but she didn’t.

After being momentarily lost in each others gazes, they were interrupted by Irene calling out to them. Belle, clearly embarrassed by the situation she had been found in, quickly jumped off the ledge and picked up her camera bag, looking incredibly flustered.

“Ooi, you two, when you find the time we have tables to decorate, silverware to be polished, orders to be picked up, and food to cook, balloons to be blown up…” she exclaimed as she threw her arms in the air.

“I’m so sorry Irene, I was just taking some shots and I guess I lost track of time” Belle said apologetically.

“Yeah, I bet you did” Irene replied as she eyed Aden suspiciously, who clearly found Belle’s reaction amusing.

“Roman mentioned that you have an assignment due next week, so we don’t expect you to work tonight, but if you are free we could do with all the help we can get, Colleen has gone completely insane and has invited half of God damn Yabbie Creek!” Irene vented.

“Yeah, sure no problems, I can work tonight” Aden assured her. “Well, it’s appreciated” Irene replied as she hurried along back to the Diner.

No matter how much Irene hated to admit it, Aden had turned a corner since Roman had taken him in, and was starting to show that he was not a complete waste of space. Despite this she had reservations of Belle getting too smitten with him, but she avoided saying anything to Belle as she knew that Belle was old enough to make her own decisions and was too stubborn to listen anyway.

“What about your assignment?” Belle asked as they both started walking back to the Diner.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m a big boy, I can take care of it” he replied smiling.

“Whatever you say” she finished as she sped up to catch up with Irene.

Belle stood in her room, trying to pick between two dresses. The firsts was a new strapless red dress and the other a more conservative black with cute little sleeves. Annie walked in, ‘definitely the red” she said as she came in and sat on Belle’s bed.

Belle laughed, “You know what Annie, for once I agree!”

“So, have you invited anyone to the party tonight?” Annie asked.

“I’m working at the party, remember?”

“You won’t be stuck in the kitchen with Aden all night though, it has been months since Drew left and you’re still single!”

“Ok Annie, remember what happened last time you tried to play matchmaker?”

“Yeah, you’re probably right, I should mind my own business…”

“What’s going on with you and Jai anyway?”

“Nothing” Annie replied disappointedly. “All he is interested is in hanging out with that creep Axel…”

“Awww, don’t worry first love’s are always tough” Belle assured her smiling as she patted her on the shoulder affectionately. “Now, scoot, I have to get dressed.”

Belle rushed into the kitchen with a pile of empty platters and set them down on the counter. Aden followed her into the kitchen with an armful of empty wine bottles, placing them into a box as he watched Belle through the corner of his eye.

“I think a couple more fruit platters should do it” she said as she chopped up a pineapple.

“You seen Jazz? She is totally wasted and it’s not even 9 yet. That woman is a disgrace” Aden commented.

“Oh, like you can talk” Belle laughed, “How many times have you gotten-“

“She’s an adult and a mother and she can’t keep of the grog for one night…its pathetic”

“Why do you even care?” Belle asked, slightly confused, now chopping up slices of watermelon.

“Well, I don’t…you look good by the way” he added with a grin on his face. Belle threw a strawberry at him. Aden caught it and ate it, so Belle picked up another.

“Hey, hey put that down! I spent ages cleaning those up.”

“You’re such a woman” Belle laughed as she turned around and finished off the platter.

“You would know darlin’ ” he teased, as he picked up the box of bottles and carried them out to the recycling bin.

Belle rolled her eyes as she picked up the platter she just prepared as took it out to the party. She placed it down on the table as Irene came round and patted her on the shoulder, “I think that should do it love, have the rest of the night off, you’ve earned it.”

“Thanks” she replied as she spotted Mattie and Ric in the corner.

“Ok, so is that little red number for the benefit of the whole town, or did you have a particular someone in mind?” Ric asked Belle as he munched on a mini hot dog.

“Ohh, definitely particular” Mattie chimed in.

“Would you just drop it” Belle pleaded, trying not to smile.

“You and Aden looked pretty cozy on the beach before…” Ric teased.

“Not that I should have to defend myself, but I was taking some photos during my lunch break and Aden invited himself along, what were you doing spying on us anyway?”

“Just passing by” Ric assured her, “and look if you don’t want people to know about your ‘non existent’ crush on Aden, the two of you shouldn’t be smelling each other on the beach, in broad daylight. What if there we’re little kids there?!” he added with a cheesy grin on his face.

“Shut up now” Belle shot back as Aden walked up.

“Could I borrow Belle for a minute?” he asked.

“She’s all yours mate” Ric replied as he led Mattie into the next room, laughing at the ‘I’m-going-to-kill-you’ expression on Belle’s face.

“So, how about a dance?” Aden asked.

“What?”

“A dance?” He held out his hand looking at her expectedly. “How ‘bout it?”

“I think I’m going to pass” she replied, and then walked up to the bar and ordered herself a drink.

“You know what, it has been a long day, and I’m kinda tired. I think I’m going to head home.” Belle announced to Aden.

“Just one dance, come on, its dark, no one will see us”

“If I say yes will you leave me alone for the rest of the night?” she asked.

Aden laughed, “Deal” and he took her hand and led her onto the dance floor.

is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

comment enough?

this fic is so warm and fuzzy (thats a good thing by the way) I just love it to death, makes me feel all good inside and Aden and Belle, its like your a script writer from the show how well you've caught their banter.

update soon

Archived