Constant Teasing

Guest adelle

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou so much for the comments!!

Here's a short chapter...enjoy :)

Chapter 16.

“Ok, you are completely insane!” Aden declared as he resisted Belle’s pull.

“Aw, come on! You said you wanted fun, now here’s your chance!” Belle exclaimed as she continued to pull Aden along.

“This is not my idea of fun! You know that…”

“Aww please, just this once?!”

“No, Belle seriously, there is no way I am going through with it-“

“Not even for me?” Belle said with her best ‘pretty please’ face.

“Don’t look at me like that, do not guilt me into it!”

“Please” Belle said, as cutely as she could.

“You know I can’t”

“Yes, you can!”

“No, I can’t!”

“How are you ever going to get past your problem, if you don’t even try?”

“You think that jumping straight into it, right here, right now, is going to help?”

“Well, now is the perfect time to find out” Belle said as she pulled Aden into an embrace, kissing him.

“I’ll be here the whole time, I’ll show you how it’s done.” she assured him.

“Come on, now let’s do this!” Belle said as she stepped back and took of her shirt, and gestured for Aden to do the same.

“You can’t do this with your clothes on…”

“You realize what you’re asking me to do” Aden said, as he hesitantly took off his t-shirt.

“What’s that?”

“Jump off a cliff!!”

“It’s not a cliff, its Jump Rock, heaps of people dive from here!”

“It’s still dangerous, what if I smash my head on those big rocks?”

“You won’t, I’ve done this heaps of times!”

“Ok, we’ll jump at the same time, I’ll even hold your hand” Belle said as she grabbed his hand tightly.

“If you don’t want to its fine” Belle said finally.

“You sure it’s one hundred percent safe?”

“Absolutely positive”

“Ok then, as long as you jump with me”

“On the count of three….three, two…..one!”

Aden surfaced quickly, adrenaline raging through his body, he looked around, but couldn’t see Belle anywhere.

“Belle! BELLE!!!” He called out, his voice quivering with panic.

Belle emerged from behind him and grabbed a hold of his shoulders, “I’m right here, I like said I would be”

The two of them made it to the shore, dragging their feet into the sand, and finally sank onto the ground next to each other.

“So, that wasn’t so bad was it?” she asked.

“That was… that was incredible” Aden replied as he caught his breath, “I never thought I could do something like that, thank you” he finished, as he held on to her hand.

Belle smiled.

“You should never let fear get in the way of what you want, I knew you could do it, you just needed encouragement”

“Or a crazy insane girlfriend”

“Yeah, that too” Belle added, laughing.

“So, what do you want to do next?” Belle asked.

“Oh, you’re actually letting me choose?” Aden asked, pretending to look surprised.

“Ha ha very funny”

“Can we just chill at yours?” Aden asked.

“I’d love to” Belle said as she leaned in for a kiss.

“C’mon let’s go” Aden said as he got up and held his hand out to her anf pulled her up.

“Aden”

“Yeah?”

“I’m really proud of you”

Cute chapter.

She got him to jump of a cliff with her. And he'd only jump if she jumped with him, how sweet is that.

Aden's fear of smashing himself in the rocks was funny. I can see why Aden would want to relax at home, they certainly had an adventurous day, well for him it was anyway.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments!! Much appreciated :)

This next chapter is very Aden centric, it's a coucelling session he has, and I've never been to a councellor before and so its probably a very poor reanactment of what would actually happen, but I gave it my best! lol

Let me know what you think...

Chapter 17.

Aden sat in the waiting room, hiding behind a magazine. He looked up when his name was called out.

“Mr Jefferies, this way please” a young nurse called, smiling politely.

Aden got up and followed her as she directed him to a room.

“Doctor White will be with you soon, please take a seat, make yourself comfortable, can I get you tea or coffee?”

“No, I’m fine, thanks, thank you”

The nurse smiled as she left, “Just let me know if you need anything, Doctor White should be here soon, Oh, here she is now…”

Doctor White entered the room carrying a stack of files and quickly stacked them on top of a filing cabinet.

“Sorry I’m late, it’s been crazy here” she apologized as she shut the door behind her. Doctor White was in her late 40’s and had a caring, gentle face. It took Aden a while to begin to trust her, and after a couple of weeks Aden didn’t feel threaten by her and felt comfortable talking with her.

“So Aden, how are we today?” She asked kindly.

“I’m good, really great” he replied honestly.

“I can see that, so things with Belle have been going well”

“Yeah, she’s a lot of fun, she’s been really great with everything…”

“That‘s wonderful, how are things with your father?”

“Well, I haven’t seen him in a week or so, I bumped into him at the diner, he seems coping ok.”

“And how are you coping?”

“Well, it’s easier if I’m not around him, he just reminds me of granddad and what happened and what he didn’t do to help me.”

“So you’re finding it easier not to be reminded of what happened, to forget about your grandfather all together.”

“Well yeah, you see he’s started drinking again, it’s like he doesn’t care anymore” Aden replied defensively, trying to justify his reasoning.

“You have every reason to be upset with your father Aden, you shouldn’t feel burdened by him. He was supposed to be your caretaker and he let you down.”

“So you think it was good that I moved out?”

“I think you need to decide what’s best for you, where you feel most comfortable. How are you finding living with Roman?“

“Roman, he’s a good guy, he’s fair and his support is there when I need it, but he’s not on my case all the time like dad is.”

“That’s good that you have his support, it’s important to have people in your life who you can trust, and right now you’re finding that you can’t trust your father, right?”

“Yeah”

“Aden, what you must remember is that you’re not running away from what happened with your grandfather or your father, but taking control of your life. Once you have control, you should find it easier to express how you feel…”

“You mean with Belle?”

“I mean with everything, not just Belle. I understand she’s an important part of your life, but you must not put too much of yourself and your recovery onto her.”

“I’m not sure what you mean…”

“You can’t get too reliant on her present, she may not always be there, you have to be able to cope if she’s not, or everything that we have achieved over the last few weeks would just disappear”

“Yeah I know”

“That’s good… so have you talked to her about your counseling?”

“Yeah, I mean I don’t go into much detail and she doesn’t ask unless I bring it up, she keeps saying that there is no pressure to take things further, until I feel ready”

“Do you feel ready?”

“I want to, I want to show her that I’m serious about her, that I want to be with her”

“How close have you got?”

“Pretty close, but every time I just get to this point where I feel I can’t go past”

“What do you feel is stopping you?”

“It’s like this wall, just reminds me of what granddad did…”

“Well, what you need to remember is that when you’re with Belle, it’s about her and you, no one else, not your father, or grandfather, it’s just Belle, and your relationship with her, how you feel about her. How she feels about you”

Aden looked up from the desk, “Do you think she will get sick of waiting around for me to get my act together?”

“I think, that Belle is smart enough to know what counts in a relationship, it’s not just all about sex, you two have been together so quite some time now and you’re as strong as ever. You don’t have to prove anything to her, I think she already knows that.”

“You know the other day, she saw an ice cream stand, and her eye lit up like a little kids, and she ran down there, and she started talking to this older lady in line, and all of sudden she they both started laughing, like they had been friends forever. Who can do that, just walk up to a complete stranger and joke with them, it’s amazing, she’s amazing.” Aden said, as he smiled to himself.

“Well there you have it, and that’s time, I’m sorry but I have a busy schedule and I can’t stay and chat, we’ll meet again same time next week?”

“Yeah, thanks, bye” Aden replied as he got up and left and he thanked her again on his way out.

He kept remembering what Dr. White has said, she may not always be there, the thought of that was unimaginable, yeah he could cope, but life wouldn’t be as fun without her.

As he walked out the hospital he had confidence in his stride, he was determined to show Belle just how much she meant to him.

Archived