Inside Soap Awards 2008

Guest Soapbox

Not that it would make the slightest bit of difference of course, considering H&A never gets so much as a look into these awards - much like with the magazine itself really.

I agree with you on this, i remember the time when they had a page devoted to Australian news and gossip, gone have those days, i liked that page, i say they should bring it back. I don't know why H & A, or Neighbours come to it have never won any awards in the magazine, their storylines are just as good, if not sometimes as patthetic as those of British soaps.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it would make the slightest bit of difference of course, considering H&A never gets so much as a look into these awards - much like with the magazine itself really.

I agree with you on this, i remember the time when they had a page devoted to Australian news and gossip, gone have those days, i liked that page, i say they should bring it back. I don't know why H & A, or Neighbours come to it have never won any awards in the magazine, they the storylines are just as good, if not sometimes patthetic than those of British soaps.

The reason they haven't won any awards is because not enough people voted for them. It's all done on public votes - and yes, I know Home and Away gets less viewers than others soaps, but if you look at the British Soap Awards this year where Hollyoaks won more than any other soap, it goes to prove that it is possible for the soaps to win awards if the fan supposrt is behind them.

I agree with you on this, i remember the time when they had a page devoted to Australian news and gossip, gone have those days, i liked that page, i say they should bring it back.

I remember the days when H&A was able to get the main feature on the cover....nowadays its an EastEnders cover about 90% of the time.....H&A very rarely gets even a small pic at the bottom. I'm not the only one to have noticed this....

I seem to remember that the week Sally left on UK screens, a character of 20 years leaving a soap, more coverage was given to EastEnders' Shirley and Heather getting drunk and parading around Albert Square.

Would have thought Aden would be up for sexiest male

I know, I wanted to vote for him! :wub:

I've votes were between H&A and Hollyoaks.

Dan I totally agree. I get Soaplife and All About Soap every 2 weeks and they contain about 70% of Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale. And the rest is Hollyoaks, Home and Away and Neighbours. It's so stupid because if you compair the stoylines of the 'smaller soaps' they are so much more interesting and the character are so much more real then the big soap. At least people can relate the Characters/ SL more in Oaks and H&A, instead of the likes of EE and Corrie.

If Hollioakes can come up with People Voting why not Home and Away so dont moan about it get voting that way at least we can say we tried and also if you feel Home And Away is not getting the publicity write to the editor of Inside Soap and tell him we want more disscusion on Home And Away more interviews with the stars dont let EE, Corrie Emmerdale And Hollioaks get away with it.

Hollyoaks got it's British Soap Awards because of the hardcore fans on the DigitalSpy boards block voting, and voting god knows how many times.

It's a catch 22 really, although the magazines don't give a lot of coverage to the soaps which don't get as many viewers.....unless these shows are given the exposure in magazines (and promo wouldn't go amiss once in a while either) they're not going to gain viewers. Sally's exit was a prime example - a character of 20 years leaves, a landmark which I expect many ex-viewers may want to tune in and watch, just for old times sake.....but of course, nobody in this country actually hears about it, because too characters getting drunk in Eastenders is far more important. :rolleyes:

I will be voting in the Inside Eastenders Awards......whoops sorry, slip of the tongue, I mean the Inside Soap Awards.....as I do genuinely want to support the soap. But, deep down, I can't help wonder if it's a lost cause when the alledgedly unbiased soap magazine doesn't offer any support either.....

*rant over* :wink:

Archived