Jodi Gordon shares her heartbreak

Guest Mistified

I think C_L's point (though do correct me if i'm wrong) was that cancer has been many many times over the past few years of Home and Away and the most recent one to feature main characters was Flynn, which is certainly going to be a tough as to follow. Also the structure of this storyline is similar to that of Steph's cancer in Neighbours. I can't speak for C_L on this one but, regardless of the characters of involved, it does seem to me that the concept behind the story is fairly unimaginative, and I'd say that regardless of who was involved. There are people here who would bash the storyline purely because JM are involved, but I would also like to think that there are many members out there who's intelligance and maturity goes beyond "JM = crap storyline". I myself am not a huge supporter of the pair, but I'm more than happy to praise good elements of their storylines (for example I though Jodi was excellent during some of her 2007 stuff) - but anything negative I, or others, say about the pair is not always necesarily "just because it's them".

And the insinuation that giving negative responses towards the storyline is in anyway offensive to cancer sufferers is sheer lunacy.

I think people are just going to prejudge it as crap because they see it as another J&M storyline.

There are plenty of people out there who will do this about a multitude of characters, this isn't exclusively something that happens with JM. I've read posts about terrible storylines for Sally, Rachel, Melody, Annie and Geoff (to name a few), all yonks before the storylines aired and to my opinion completely unfounded but it's all down to personal opinion. JM fans do like to act quite hard done by if anything says anything negative about the pair....but I'd say it happens for just about every character at some point or another. It's all a matter of personal perception, we all have different tastes and interests and the very concept of a message board is to share them.

I know i'm not much of a J&M fan, but i actually think Jodi will give a very heartfelt perfomance, considering what she's been through. Cancer does touch everyone's lives sooner or later and i think everyone will be able to sympathise with her characters situation.

Oh come on! You know what she meant, she's talking about J&M...and its really not nice to emotionally corner her with references to ill children like that, that's out of order.

Thankyou Andrew. Zetti, I actually find your comment quite out of order. What I said had absolutely nothing to do with cancer as an issue, or people in real life who have cancer. I was talking about the storyline being derivative, and whilst I sympathise with your situation what on earth does that have to do with your niece? If you think that my comments were somehow negative towards people with cancer I can honestly say I don't have a clue how you got that impression.

Also the structure of this storyline is similar to that of Steph's cancer in Neighbours. I can't speak for C_L on this one but, regardless of the characters of involved, it does seem to me that the concept behind the story is fairly unimaginative, and I'd say that regardless of who was involved. There are people here who would bash the storyline purely because JM are involved, but I would also like to think that there are many members out there who's intelligance and maturity goes beyond "JM = crap storyline". I myself am not a huge supporter of the pair, but I'm more than happy to praise good elements of their storylines (for example I though Jodi was excellent during some of her 2007 stuff) - but anything negative I, or others, say about the pair is not always necesarily "just because it's them".

Again, thankyou, at least some people get what I was saying! Whilst I'm not a JM supporter I am open minded about any storylines involving them - the Sam/Johnny thing, for example, was original and (for the most part) well done. But this storyline just doesn't appeal to me as the cancer thing has been done so many times, and the breast cancer/pregnancy thing in particular was done by Neighbours not too long ago.

Obviously I'm not a fan of Jodi or Paul as actors, so when I said that Jodi would have a hard act to follow with regard to Carla Bonner it was because I think Carla is a great actress and did an exceptional job of that particular storyline, whereas Jodi is very inexperienced and so far hasn't impressed me as an actress. But that's just a personal opinion, which everyone is entitled to after all.

I'm not sure how well Jodi will go doing this s/l but I think she will do an amazing job, and even if she doesn't I take my hat off to her,

To do this s/l after what she went through will be heartwrenching, and I bet any tears we see, won't just be acting.

Archived