Write for Neighbours!

Guest simmins

The Neighbours writers are looking for the biggest fans and the best new writing talent to join a trial that will explore how online audiences can participate in the the creative development of the hit Australian drama Neighbours.

This will be your chance to see how your favourite television show is written, and take part in the process...

For more details, check out the official announcement:

http://www.neighbours.com/news/UK/2008/004904/

some ideas could be about reconnecting with its history and heritage:

- The return of Madge Bishop/Jim Robinson (from the dead) and Harold Bishop.

- Love interest/new double act for Lou Carpenter!

- A NEW Madge Bishop/Mrs Mangel feud

- The return of the Bishop family with new kids for David/Liljana Bishop

- Susan Kennedy's sister arrives, spicing up the street, embarrassing and driving the Kennedy's up the wall - injecting some comedy into the show!

- Storylines to do with The 'Ramsay' family moving in! while the Parkers move out.

http://www.neighbours.com/news/UK/2008/004904/

Get writing and chance your ideas a chance!

I don't really think bringing characters back from the dead is what Neighbours needs right now, its on eggshells as it is.......

However, bringing in a Madge-esque character would be fine by me, but resurrecting her would just damage the show.

Oh, and get rid of the damn Carmella, she is the most irritatingly bland character on the show, she was great during her 04 guest stints, but she's like Amanda Vale, she ONLY works on guest stints!

I'm thinking of sending them an email writting that there's an Earthquake in Erinsbourough and that Ramsay street collapses into a crater... That will bring in ratings. :P

you must remember that UK viewers tend to love the light-hearted, laid-back storylines. strong characterization. and the older and well-established characters.

how about?:

The return of Madge Bishop/Jim Robinson (from the dead) and Harold Bishop.

- Love interest/new double act for Lou Carpenter!

- A NEW Madge Bishop/Mrs Mangel feud

- The return of the Bishop family with new kids for David/Liljana Bishop

- Susan Kennedy's sister arrives, spicing up the street, embarrassing and driving the Kennedy's up the wall - injecting some comedy into the show!

- Storylines to do with The 'Ramsay' family moving in! while the Parkers move out.

IF they wanted my opinion, which they don't, my first recommendation would be to bring back Connor. Possibly Maddie and Laurie as well. Toadie needs a proper friend - he has no one. He has his foster parents, his colleagues, his ex, her housemate, and his housemates. He even has a kid now. But where are his FRIENDS? A guy his own age that he can hang out with and talk to about girls and stuff. Time to revive The House of Trouser!! Or at least half of it.

I'd get rid of anyone who's Italian and thinks that I should care. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-Italian, but I am anti-jerk. And Marco is a freakin' jerk about it. "Do I know about Soccer? Of course! I'm Italian!" and however many other times he's said it, which have been enough for it to annoy me. And it seems to have come from his father, "That baby is beautiful, she must be Italian!" Which then rubs off on Carmella, "Why yes, she is Italian! And so am I! Did I mention that I'm Italian!?" I thought the whole point of multiculturalism was not to constantly segregate yourself from everyone else by declaring how special you are based solely on your racial heritage. It annoys me that these characters seem so obsessed with forming their own little racial clique, so if that's how they're going to be, they can do it somewhere else. I want to see characters interacting with each other as people, not stereotypes. At least before when this stuff went on, I had Rosie's good acting and character as compensation.

Next I would stop breaking up great families for the sake of drama.

The Napier/Robinsons - what the HELL was that!? The law of cheating is that you trade UP. Why the hell would Paul give up Rebecca, and two step-sons that were important to him, as well as his own daughter's respect, for Kirsten? She is NOT his type at all. She has no class, she has a little boy who's father is still in both their lives for God's sake. Paul wouldn't get his hands that dirty. Although, after saying that, I suppose there was Lyn. But wasn't that the tumor?

:rolleyes: I'm so annoyed by that though. They really were the best family - I liked all of them. Now The best would be the Kennedys, and that has Rachel, Libby and Ben to deal with.

It's not the same >.<

I'd also get rid of the Parkers, because they are NOT a great family, they are a sucky family, Steve and Nicola at the very least. Perhaps they can have that filthy affair and get themselves kicked out of the family forever :rolleyes: I don't like Miranda, but she's played by a good actress, so without the other two getting in her way she might have some potential. And I got nothing against Bridget. Although I do wish she'd stand up straight once in a while...

And just for fun, let's make Ringo gay, and Declan open to suggestions :D

Archived