H&A wins TV Series AWGIE for 2008

Guest yannick

Neighbours is generally better written than H&A, but I'm not sure what those episodes were. I really didn't like that Pippa episode... I wouldn't have nominated it. I think that episode barely scraped by on the acting. The whole idea of it was just so... manipulative. Put the baby in danger and watch the mother fret. Ugh. No thanks. Watching Sally hating Alf was of some interest, and maybe that's what they're basing the nomination on, but other than that... nuh. Sally walking out on Brad for legitimate reasons, and Rachel defending her brother was much more thought out and entertaining.

Has anyone here watched the Neighbours episodes involved? Were they any good?

Yeah, it was the episode where Rosie and Frazer found out that she wasn't pregnant, and the following one where she was in denial about it. They were good episodes with great acting by Natalie Saleeba and Ben Lawson, but they were let down by a cop-out resolution later in the week in which Rosie was confirmed to be pregnant, with no explanation for why Dr. Vinton hadn't found a heartbeat the first time.

Archived