Single-horned 'Unicorn' deer is found in Italy

Guest emmasi

All it takes is one genetic mutation ... (and I should be studying genetics right now).

Nice to see a Harry Potter reference too. Wait, is there even a unicorn in Harry Potter? :unsure:

EDIT: Wait! I remember now. Old Voldy drinks the blood of a unicorn in PS. Nevermind ...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All it takes is one genetic mutation ... (and I should be studying genetics right now).

Nice to see a Harry Potter reference too. Wait, is there even a unicorn in Harry Potter? :unsure:

EDIT: Wait! I remember now. Old Voldy drinks the blood of a unicorn in PS. Nevermind ...

I think there was another one when a female Care of Magical Creatures teacher took over from Hagrid, and she didn't like boys or something so she brought in a unicorn, which would only let the girls approach it... or something... I have a feeling that it was part of that horrid 5th book fiasco, so I may not be thinking clearly. Inventing new reasons to hate it and such...

Oh, and unicorn hair is one of the three main wand cores, along with phoenix feathers and dragon heartstrings. I wouldn't want a dragon wand, I'd feel so bad using it...

I think there was another one when a female Care of Magical Creatures teacher took over from Hagrid, and she didn't like boys or something so she brought in a unicorn, which would only let the girls approach it... or something... I have a feeling that it was part of that horrid 5th book fiasco, so I may not be thinking clearly. Inventing new reasons to hate it and such...

That was in Goblet of Fire, I remember when he comes back after the article about his giantess mother, he brings a young golden unicorn, which doesn't mind boys near it.

That was in Goblet of Fire, I remember when he comes back after the article about his giantess mother, he brings a young golden unicorn, which doesn't mind boys near it.

That's weird... Maybe it was a fic, or my own imagination... anything's possible. Was there ever a female Creatures teacher? I haven't read the books in such a long time. If it's not in the movies, I don't know about it :unsure: Except for a brief recollection of SPEW and the whole map thing in POA.

Yeah, Professor Grubly-Plank, if I'm not mistaken. She took over Hagrid's position a lot whilst he was working for the Order or was sick, or was upset with Harry, Ron and Hermione - to be honest, I never really liked hr. That's it! I think she was introduced in book 3 after th hippogriff attacked Draco, or is that just my imagination?

Yeah, Professor Grubly-Plank, if I'm not mistaken. She took over Hagrid's position a lot whilst he was working for the Order or was sick, or was upset with Harry, Ron and Hermione - to be honest, I never really liked hr. That's it! I think she was introduced in book 3 after th hippogriff attacked Draco, or is that just my imagination?

No, she first appears in Goblet of Fire when Rita Skeeter writes an article attacking Hagrid for his giantess mother and his illegal breeding practices. She comes back in Order of the Phoenix (my personal favourite, incidentally) when Hagrid is sent to find a giant colony and win their allegiance before Voldemort can.

Archived