Lisbon Treaty Rejected * PASSED ON 2ND OCTOBER 2009*

Guest Cal

I'm so glad it was passed.

If there's some huge natural disaster or terrorist attack, which we can't handle, the rest of the EU will have to help us thanks to this.

Yeah for some reason I don't see us having an earthquake or tsunami anytime soon. Nor do I see us being targeted by terrorists either.

While that is true, I can't help think it is a rather funny case of catch 22. If we don't ratify it we won't get as much assistance if attacked, but if we do then we are more at risk of getting attacked because the EU now speaks with one voice. I'd rather be low-risk and alone than high-risk and in a crowd. :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although there are some minor points on the Lisbon treaty that I don't agree with, I feel it was very important to vote yes. Alot of people don't understand how much we are depending on the EU. At the moment they are funding our banks, which is saving the country from going bankrupt. Also the NAMA proposal is mainly going to be funded by the EU. Ireland needs the EU, therefore I am glad that the country voted yes.

Archived