Lisbon Treaty Rejected * PASSED ON 2ND OCTOBER 2009*

Guest Cal

Apparently the turnout is low. :lol: Typical, really. The country is divided, throwing insults at each other and then they don't even bother to vote. At least I was consistent in saying I wasn't voting because I don't believe my vote means anything. I'm going to follow the results coverage tomorrow and boo when it's passed. :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted against it in the end.

I will to be waiting for that also, Cal.

I think many people will be waiting! :lol:

Now it's passed, I guess that means we're gonna have Tony Blair as 'President of Europe'... :rolleyes:

Which is exactly why I was against it. This guy illegally invaded Iraq and his soldiers killed hundreds, if not thousands. This goes hand-in-hand with the concerns of a militarized EU because it looks like the EU, as a whole, agrees with what he did. That, as well as being highly undemocratic, is exactly why I wanted Lisbon gone. People can spin the situation whatever way they like, but the fact is that what people voted for today is irreversible. I bet you my right arm people will be complaining about the EU in a few years. It happened after Nice 2 and it's going to happen again. A rather large "I told you so" will be on the cards.

For god sake !! I can't believe it was passed by such a hyge percentage. Those who voted No the first time around propably felt pissed off that they we're holding another referendum after we quite clearly said no the first time :angry:

What the hell are people on ?

I agree Cal , there will be quite a large number of I told you so's and those who voted yes will be sorry and regret their decisions.

Ireland is no longer ours. Well done Ireland for signing our death sentence.

I'm so glad it was passed.

If there's some huge natural disaster or terrorist attack, which we can't handle, the rest of the EU will have to help us thanks to this.

Yeah for some reason I don't see us having an earthquake or tsunami anytime soon. Nor do I see us being targeted by terrorists either.

Archived