Love Problems

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends.Talk to your friend and ask her how she'd feel about it.If the friendship means a lot to you and she'd be hurt then soerry but yeah it really is that wrong...i know my bestie likes the guy i like but when we talk about it she says she does but won't do anything about it because i like him.It's a unwritten friendship law.On the other hand if you talk to her and she's fine with it then there's no problem.You need to talk to her.

I'm pretty daft,i'm not sure i got the second question,sorry,lol.Hope i didn't confuse you more.

It depends.Talk to your friend and ask her how she'd feel about it.If the friendship means a lot to you and she'd be hurt then soerry but yeah it really is that wrong...i know my bestie likes the guy i like but when we talk about it she says she does but won't do anything about it because i like him.It's a unwritten friendship law.On the other hand if you talk to her and she's fine with it then there's no problem.You need to talk to her.

I'm pretty daft,i'm not sure i got the second question,sorry,lol.Hope i didn't confuse you more.

Yeah, thanks, Lynd - I thought as much, really. I guess I just wanted clarification to try and make myself sure that I'm not gonna do anything stupid - I value this girl's friendship over anything else in the world, so I don't think anything would ever happen between this guy and me (besides, he's just turned sixteen, and I'm nearly nineteen, so it'd be slightly weird, really!) I'm pretty sure his comments about me 'being at the wrong end of the country' now that I'm back home after we were all together for the week were more to do with the fact that we got so close during the time we spent together, rather than anything romantic. But, I don't know, it was still a pretty big ego boost to know that he misses me, and stuff, after knowing me for a week! Gosh, I'm such a girlie girl when it comes to stuff like this! :rolleyes:

Sorry for confusing you with my second question... I'll try and rephrase...

I was just wondering how friendly you can be with your best friend's ex, if he's a lovely and amazing guy, without the best friend seeing anything too odd in it...

Edit: Aww, poor Deany!

Yeah, thanks, Lynd - I thought as much, really. I guess I just wanted clarification to try and make myself sure that I'm not gonna do anything stupid - I value this girl's friendship over anything else in the world, so I don't think anything would ever happen between this guy and me (besides, he's just turned sixteen, and I'm nearly nineteen, so it'd be slightly weird, really!) I'm pretty sure his comments about me 'being at the wrong end of the country' now that I'm back home after we were all together for the week were more to do with the fact that we got so close during the time we spent together, rather than anything romantic. But, I don't know, it was still a pretty big ego boost to know that he misses me, and stuff, after knowing me for a week! Gosh, I'm such a girlie girl when it comes to stuff like this! :rolleyes:

I was just wondering how friendly you can be with your best friend's ex, if he's a lovely and amazing guy, without the best friend seeing anything too odd in it...

I think it depends on how close you were before they become exes.She might find it a bit strange if you suddenly talk to him a lot when you didn't before.

It's normal to be girlie about this kind of thing.I'm not a girlie girl but i am when it comes to the guy i like.I also know what it's like to think you might be missreading things because you want to.It happens to me to.If your friend doesn't have a problem you should talk to him and see!

I think it depends on how close you were before they become exes.She might find it a bit strange if you suddenly talk to him a lot when you didn't before.

It's normal to be girlie about this kind of thing.I'm not a girlie girl but i am when it comes to the guy i like.I also know what it's like to think you might be missreading things because you want to.It happens to me to.If your friend doesn't have a problem you should talk to him and see!

See, this is the thing! I don't see her that often, anyway (we live an hour apart), and her ex had added me on MSN and Facebook after we'd been out for a drunken girlie weekend and he'd wanted to get to know me, and stuff, 'cause apparently she used to talk about me a lot to him, so last weekend was the first time I'd actually met him in person. We all went away together and me and him ended up spending a lot of time together because him and my friend ended up having massive arguments and she refused to get out of bed, or even speak to me, for about three days of the week so we were kinda forced together by circumstance with knowing few other people in the place we were in.

Wahey for another girly girl! It's not even so much that I want something to happen between us, I'm just hoping that I'm not misreading him, or misleading him. The reason for my original question of dating a best friend's ex was more to reassure myself that nothing would happen between us... I was having a moment of insanity and was wondering if it was just me who lives by the unwritten law of 'Thou shalt not date thy best friend's ex'. I think the thing was that we spent a lot of time together and got on very well. I also had him tell me stuff that he never even told his ex, and get pretty emotional, and stuff... so I guess we formed an intense bond very quickly. He's made me promise I'll go and see him next time I'm around, too... Oh, the joys of life!

Dean - I spent a week with the aforementioned best friend and her now ex-boyfriend (not out of choice - the boyfriend arriving was a complete surprise) and although they argued, there were also times when they got on far too well... Well, let's put it like this: there really are certain situations that you don't need to see your best friend in! I mean, they've split up (for now) but I've never felt like such a singleton before!

Oh sometimes I just want to scream at my boyfriend. I had lunch with a (male) friend and all of a sudden, I am cheating on him?!? God he can be so annoying. He even pretends that he doesn't care when it's obvious that he does and instead of actually coming right out and asking me, 'So, did you have sex with him?' (um...no) he just makes all these really funny 'jokes' about me going to lunch with people. I mean, really, insecure or what? We have been together nearly eight months and never have I given him any reason not to trust me yet here he is going on like I'm some serial adulterer. It's so ridiculously unfounded I feel like telling him what a complete idiot he is. But, strangely enough, I'm actually starting to feel guilty for him feeling this way. Like it's something I've done. Words can not express my frustration at him right now. :anger:

Jess, about your friend's ex. It's not weird to be friends with him at all. But is your friend the kind of person that would tell you if she had a problem with it? Because if she's not then you might want to watch out. I remember back in school days we all used to end up going out with eachothers exes. In hindsight it was a bit weird but it didn't feel it at the time because everyone seemed to move on pretty quickly. I guess depending on the seriousness of their relationship and how definately they've got over eachother plays a huge factor in the whole thing but...I guess if it feels right then go for it.

Archived