Love Problems

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Learnt an important lesson in love today - nevr see your best friend...

Kellie and I (yes a girl - don't look so shocked! :P) have been best friends since Year 7, and then we started seeing each other, and we both thought, if it doesn't work out, we'll still be great friends (how naive are we :P?) - we broke up today, and it's very, um, awkward now, not only have a lost a girlfriend, but I've also lost my best frend (it was a mutual decision to break up though).

You just broke up. It's normal if it's a bit awkward. :) Maybe you both need to spend some time apart for a while and it won't be as awkward when you'll see each other again. If you are such good friends, I'm sure it'll work out again. :)

Lynd: I'd say probably about a week, depending on how upset he seems.

And Meg: Same as anyone else, it's never really going to feel like a great time to say anything but I'd go for it. At least then it's out there. And you could find out he's been sitting there in silence all this time as well feeling the exact same way and all this time will have been wasted!

I've got a slight dilemma on my hands with a couple that I am very good friends with that have just split up. Basically he split up with her and she is still very much in love with him and he is very much over her and was at least six months before they broke up. Anyway, I was at his house not too long ago and we were both pretty drunk (truth comes out when drunk etc) and I was staying in his bed with him, not unusal, we have done this lots of times, and we are just good friends. Anyway, we were talking and he basically told me that he is in love with me and he was trying his hardest for something to happen all night. It was all ok, I told him that I didn't like him that way ya da ya da ya da. And the next day he apologised for being out of order etc. - he was being pretty pushy.But that's all fine.

The only thing is I don't really know whether or not to tell his ex-girlfriend. She doesn't even know that I stayed at his house and it's all so complicated because I am also very close friends with her and she has been saying that she thinks they might get back together. So, basically I have no idea what to tell her, of if I should tell her anything. What do you guys think? I'm thinking that I should just leave things as they are and not say anything.

Sometimes its best not to say anything, I think your friend might feel you were gloating or rubbing salt in the wound, the person who needs to tell her is her ex. He needs to put her straight and tell her he has feelings for someone else and she can not keep hoping, you telling her he is in love with you could back fire on you, she might assume you are after him especially if she does not know about your bed time meetings with him. Get him to talk to her and to be honest, and make sure he tells her that you are not interested in him one bit either. After that she might want to talk but she will still be thinking things, as you would in her shoes, but it will be a place to start talking.

• 2 weeks later...

i got dumped last week and i dont even know why. we promised we would still be best friends if anything happened but thats complete oposite of whats happening. im just getting ignored now and its the school holidays just started =[

I've been through that before, only it was five years ago and I still don't know why he dumped me. :rolleyes: So you could be waiting a long time before you get a reason.

I'm sorry, I hate to sound harsh, but it's likely that you're not going to be best friends. I could be wrong but more often, people grow apart and never talk to each other ever again.

Have you tried talking to her? She might think that you're ingnoring her. It works both ways.

i got dumped last week and i dont even know why. we promised we would still be best friends if anything happened but thats complete oposite of whats happening. im just getting ignored now and its the school holidays just started =[

I've been through that before, only it was five years ago and I still don't know why he dumped me. :rolleyes: So you could be waiting a long time before you get a reason.

I'm sorry, I hate to sound harsh, but it's likely that you're not going to be best friends. I could be wrong but more often, people grow apart and never talk to each other ever again.

Have you tried talking to her? She might think that you're ingnoring her. It works both ways.

Ive tried. I tried calling her a few times and she doesnt answer me. Its really insulting cause i texted her and she texts back that she is almost out of credit but my friend is staying over and they are texting each other all night.

I realy want to stay friends with her we have been friends since first day of year 7 and i really really like her. and it is going to be really awkward at school

i just wish she would tell me why all of a sudden this has happened. im trying to get my other friend to find out but he says he doesnt want to get involved

Archived