Barbara's Artwork

Guest Barbara

Thank you Bec, Kristina, Lesley, superman's girlfriend, Kat, Lise, Quiet Achiever, Sarah and Cal. :D

belle_mattie003.jpgbelle_mattie004.jpg

J'adore ces graphismes. Je pense que l'emblavage* est grand sur les deux!

*... cropping?

I'm so sorry for that awful French, but hopefully it made a bit of sense.

That's not bad and it made sense. :) 'Emblavage' is not a word you would use in this context. It's a word you use in agriculture. To be honest, I don't go on many French forums but I would use the word 'recadrage' for cropping.

/!\ Be careful with 'grand'. I suppose you mean great. Great and 'grand' are false friends (do you use that expression in English? :unsure: It's 'faux amis' in French.). 'Grand' usually means big, large or tall. But sometimes it does mean great. I'll try to find an explanation for you.

Instead of great, you could say 'génial' or 'super'. :)

And that's it for the French lesson guys! :P

Next update tomorrow or Monday.

That's not bad and it made sense.'Emblavage' is not a word you would use in this context. It's a word you use in agriculture. To be honest, I don't go on many French forums but I would use the word 'recadrage' for cropping.

/!\ Be careful with 'grand'. I suppose you mean great. Great and 'grand' are false friends (do you use that expression in English? It's 'faux amis' in French.). 'Grand' usually means big, large or tall. But sometimes it does mean great. I'll try to find an explanation for you.

Instead of great, you could say 'génial' or 'super'. :)

And that's it for the French lesson guys! :P

Gosh, darnit >.< I always forget 'génial'! Why?! :( I don't think we use the expression here, but the people in England might! :)

Yeah, I was really unsure about 'Emblavage'. I knew it was cropping, but I couldn't remember if it was agriculture or not. And my dictionary has gone walkabout. :P

I can't wait for the next update! I'll use proper French then!

^ That's okay. It's okay to make mistakes. I'm sure I make mistakes too when I write in English. :wink:

Another example of 'false friends' is actually/actuellement. Actually means 'en fait' or 'en réalité' and 'actuellement' means currently. How many times did my English teachers tell us "don't confuse actually and actuellement"? <_<:rolleyes:

PS: Quiet Achiever, I love your av! :wub::lol:

Thanks Barbara - meant2live made the HotDad icon for me and ain't it gorgeous. :wub::P

I like your latest update - my faves are the Jack/Paul, Lucas and Peter icons. I like your use of colour, light and shade, croppings and capturing of facial expressions. :D

Love the Nicole ones

Thanks Sarah! *smiles*

Gorgeous update Barbara, gorgeous colouring and amazing cropping

I bet you'll never guess which ones are my faves?

Thank you Lesley. Which ones are Mrs Lesley Baker's (it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :P) favourites? I don't know. That's a tough one! :lol:

PS: Quiet Achiever, I love your av!

Thanks Barbara - meant2live made the HotDad icon for me and ain't it gorgeous. :wub::P

I like your latest update - my faves are the Jack/Paul, Lucas and Peter icons. I like your use of colour, light and shade, croppings and capturing of facial expressions.

Thank you Quiet Achiever. That icon is definitely gorgeous. And he is a hot dad. :P