Exams '08

Guest Jess

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ You're so lucky, Cal!

Does anyone else here do Edexcel Italian A2? Topics and texts today was, err, interesting. I didn't agree with the terms of one of the questions so I, err, kinda said it was a wrong interpretation of the text. My teacher said I'd be okay as long as I'd justified my point of view (which I did), I just hope the examiner doesn't hate me when he reads it!

Five exams left...

I had two Sociology papers today. The synoptic paper, Social Inequality and difference was a bit...meh. Lol, In terms of questions it was decent, but I just lacked some knowledge, especially studies. <_< Paper 6, Research Skills was much much better. Relatively easy paper. So I'm hoping the Research paper will make up for the marks lost in paper 5. Right another 6 exams to go! :mellow:

^^ Oooh, Othello, there was an erratum notice about it, was there not? My invigilators got well confused when we tried to explain to them that it didn't apply to us 'cause we weren't doing Othello, and they were like, 'Well, why's it in the exam pack, then?' And then we had to explain the concept of multiple question choices to them, and I'm not sure they really believed us. I think they just started the exam to shut us up! :P

How did you think it went?

Out of interest, which other novel did you do? 'Cause we have the comparative paper (we've done North and South and Hard Times) with the unseen poetry, but we also have the third module (post-1900 prose, or something?)

Ah yeah the Othello thing was just that the section started on different pages in different editions of the play. It wasn't terrible but i'm awful at knowing how i've done. How did you find it?

Today I did the comparative between The Tempest and Translations and the unseen poetry. But that's all for english. Did you do coursework?

^^ Oooh, Othello, there was an erratum notice about it, was there not? My invigilators got well confused when we tried to explain to them that it didn't apply to us 'cause we weren't doing Othello, and they were like, 'Well, why's it in the exam pack, then?' And then we had to explain the concept of multiple question choices to them, and I'm not sure they really believed us. I think they just started the exam to shut us up! :P

How did you think it went?

Out of interest, which other novel did you do? 'Cause we have the comparative paper (we've done North and South and Hard Times) with the unseen poetry, but we also have the third module (post-1900 prose, or something?)

Ah yeah the Othello thing was just that the section started on different pages in different editions of the play. It wasn't terrible but i'm awful at knowing how i've done. How did you find it?

Today I did the comparative between The Tempest and Translations and the unseen poetry. But that's all for english. Did you do coursework?

Nope. We did a post-1900 prose, Fautus and Chaucer and the unseen poetry and Divided Societies (question 5). The unseen was proper random, though!

Archived