Exams '08

Guest Jess

Sitting my A2's at the moment, 4 exams to go! I'm really struggling to motivate myself to do revision, i'm taking History, English and Drama and Theatre Studies so lots of writing to do. Need ABB to do History at UEA in September! Good luck to everyone sitting exams at the moment, hope you have more success with revision than me :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow... They start announcing oral exams tomorrow, so I will pretty much know what I will get based on what others get, even if my exam is not announced until Monday. I have a feeling I will be extremely lucky and get Englisg though, cause our teacher suddenly decided to add three more texts to the revising list, just shortly after the teachers were informed about what subjects there will be exams in this year :P

I'm doing my Leaving Cert. Have done 4 subjects out of 7 so far - Irish (NEVER have to do it again :D), Maths, English and Business. Tomorrow I have History and on Thursday I have Biology. I have a few days before I sit my Accounting next Tuesday. Then finished forever!! :D

So far, they have been alright. But then again I did think I done better in my mocks than I actually did. So, we shall see.

Irish - I have a feeling I may have just managed to get a pass which I will be happy about if I did. Did Irish for 13 years and never got the hang of it before.

English - I don't know. Paper 2 wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I didn't have enough for the length in my questions which I'm worried about.

Maths - Think overall it went well. A lot better than the mocks. Trigonometry though... I will NEVER understand :P

Business - Delighted with the paper! :) Very happy.

I'm almost sure I failed Irish. Hopefully I get, like, 39% and then they do that compensation thing to give me a pass. :P 14 years learning that stupid subject and what do I have at the end of it? NOTHING! :lol:

I think it will be a lot easier to learn when I'm finished the LC. I can't think properly when I'm in that building...

English - Twas OK... I know I passed, but I hope I get a C1!

Math - The Circle and Trigonometry were the worst. Can somebody please rephrase the questions!

Geography - Absolutely fantastic! I hope I get a C1 or a B3! :D

Irish - Yeah, shiny F for me...

Business - LOVE. Dropping down was the best decision I've ever made! Give me an A2!

French should be good tomorrow. Art will be grand on Thursday. THEN I'M FINISHED! :D

They need to start teaching it right in schools, I think. Its a real waste learning Irish poems and stories! What are you going to us it for! I can't remember any of the lines from poems and stories now. lol

Are you pass Maths? I couldn't get the trigonometry. I did A and couldnt do the rest and for the circle :blink: I forgot how bad that question was for me... It was horrible anyways. The rest of the paper 2 was alright. Paper 1 was good for me apart from a few part C's.

Only three more to go. But I'm hoping there won't be a worse one than today. We had to figure out the net present value and I so didn't know how to do I don't even remember learning it. Worse off I hadn't revised it either. I'm beginning to hate my teacher all over again. I don't know what to think except I'm just hoping I did enough to get a B and to do well in my other paper.

Ohh, Cal, your almost finished! :D Hope things have gone well, and I hope you don't get that F on your Irish. :P If you do fail or just about pass (I got a D on my JC :P), well we all know we won't use that language again. I have to admit I've forgotten everything. I only have the most basic of sentences left. Waste of time, all of it. <_<

Just did an English exam where the invigilator walked around the whole time sniffing, it was very difficult to control the desire to shout "get a tissue!". I think it went ok but it could have been better.

Only 3 to go!

Archived