Exams '08

Guest Jess

So, since exam season is upon us (and the old thread seems to have disappeared) I thought I'd start a lovely new thread for this year. And it's also a lovely form of procrastination from actually doing any revision myself.

I'm sitting my A2s (final year of 'A'-Level) at the moment in preparation for university (Warwick - Single Honours Italian :D) in September. Only had two out of three General Studies papers (biggest waste of time ever, although my insurance choice, Birmingham, have said they'll accept it as one of my grades!) and one Philosophy and Ethics so far so I've still got a way to go (final exam - advanced extension English - is something like 24th June). Just wondering how other people are finding it? Did anyone, by any chance, take the Edexcel Religious Studies paper (Developments) on Friday?

What universities (if you're doing A2s, or equivalent) are people aiming for? Or what 'A'-Level subjects are people in GCSE year thinking of taking?

I'm really sorry, but I don't know the AUS/NZ/IRL/European equivalents!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im from Birmingam.

LOL.

Im doing exams at the moment. I am in year 11. I have 2 more exams to get through then its over. R.E and Science - Physics.

Next year im staying in Sixth Form and choosing ICT, Media Studies, English and Sociology. Thats what i have chosen for my A Levels.

Good Luck with your exams. And i hope you choose the right uni for you.

^^ Thankyou. :)

I really like Birmingham uni, but I love Warwick so much more and so will be absolutely gutted if I miss the grades!

Ooh, English Literature? Good choice! I did it at 'A'-Level, and am also taking the advanced extension (an exam that's between A2 level and uni) award, and I loved every second of it! Some of my friends do Sociology and say it's really interesting. :) My school doesn't offer Media Studies or ICT at 'A'-Level, though, so I don't have any experience of those.

Good luck with Physics and R.S.! I couldn't do Physics, so I didn't go near it for GCSE, but R.S., on the other hand, I found really easy and just a nice break from actually having to do any work. I liked it so much, in fact, that I took Philosophy and Ethics at Sixth Form and that was really interesting, too!

I'm doing my A2's at the moment as well! So far I've had 1 out of 2 sociology papers and both geography papers. This week coming I have 2 business exams and the final sociology exam. Then the week after I have the final business studies and a january geography module retake. I finish on the 18th and can't wait!

Hopefully I'll get into Exeter University to do business and accounting but I need AAB so am getting stressed out with revision.

Good luck to everyone who has exams at the moment!

I'm also doing my A2's. I've done one resit for Business which was an AS paper and on Thursday I did one of my Computing A2 exams. I've got one Business paper on Wednesday. On Thursday my Socio exam and on Friday my other Computing exam. Then next week on Tuesday I've got my last Business paper and my last exam.

I'm hoping I'll get into Cardiff to do Business Management.

Good Luck to everyone doing exams :D

I'm also doing my A2's. I've done one resit for Business which was an AS paper and on Thursday I did one of my Computing A2 exams. I've got one Business paper on Wednesday. On Thursday my Socio exam and on Friday my other Computing exam. Then next week on Tuesday I've got my last Business paper and my last exam.

Are you doing the WJEC board for business?

I'm doing A2s as well. Finished maths completely, only one module of biology and 2 modules of chemistry to go! I've got ten days now to just revise and i'm finding it really hard to motivate myself...

I'm hoping to go to St. Andrews to do chemistry. i walked into to st. andrews last year and just fell in love with it! i've put my insurance as Bristol, but it's a bit pointless cos all of my offers were the same!

Good luck to everyone doing exams....gcses/a-levels/hsc/SATs etc.

Yeah I'm guessing you asked that because you are too?

Yeah I'm guessing you asked that because you are too?

Yeah! Have you done coursework? Because at my school they chose not to so we have an extra exam on wednesday, the report paper.

Good luck with your exams?

Archived