Big Brother 9 UK 2008

Guest Cat3

Yes Slade I think you,ve hit the nail on the head had Darnell acted so babyish in his way towards sara People may have warmed to him alot more the same with Rex he was really mean to all the girls when he first went in the house I did wonder what he was there for but some time he let his bravado slip and was quite human its such a shame he treated Nicole like his property I wouldnt be surprise if she disent dump him afte all this.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame Rachel or Sara, and I appreciate that Rex and Darnell pretty much sealed their own fate, but I can't help being disappointed. I wouldn't have wanted someone to win purely because they were entertaining, as being entertaining doesn't make you a nice person (just look at Alexandra). But I do think that both Darnell and Rex are basically good people (albeit with obvious flaws) and in my book either would have been a worthy winner - more so than Rachel, who was lovely but, you've got to admit, a bit dull.

I don't blame Rachel or Sara, and I appreciate that Rex and Darnell pretty much sealed their own fate, but I can't help being disappointed. I wouldn't have wanted someone to win purely because they were entertaining, as being entertaining doesn't make you a nice person (just look at Alexandra). But I do think that both Darnell and Rex are basically good people (albeit with obvious flaws) and in my book either would have been a worthy winner - more so than Rachel, who was lovely but, you've got to admit, a bit dull.

Agreed. It’s a shame as well because if you saw the way Darnell came across in BBLB this afternoon - he was so calm, so collected and so likeable. If only he acted like this during his time in the house he would have had it in the bag.

I’ve never been sure what to make of Rex. At times he was quite unpleasant to some of his so-called friends but you have to ask yourself why they didn’t nominate him as most of his nominations came from other people. There must have been something about him that was likeable. Most viewers only watch the highlights and as I’ve said before it’s very easy for Channel 4 do edit them to influence their attitude towards certain people. To be honest I did enjoy his late night chats on the live feed with Darnell amongst other things.

Out of the five finalists I feel that although she didn’t win Sara will probably gain the most. I can just see her as a presenter on Sky or MTV. She said she wanted to remain good friends with Darnell when they left the house. I’m just worried that when her status is propelled, for his sake she doesn’t leave him high and dry. When the magazine deals start flooding through there is the fear that she will not give him the time of day.

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of the day Rachel was a worthy winner because everybody else in there were just horrible excuses for people.Rex was just plain nasty,Darnell was an ugly **** and he had the cheek to tell Sara she was ugly,Sara wouldnt have minded if she had won because she was funny and nice.I wouldnt have minded if Mikey had won because he was pure entertainment but Ive followed Rachel from day one and she had got a lot of bad treatment from all of the other housemates and she got through it all which shows her strong character.She was very opinionated,just because she didnt shout at everyone doesnt mean she was a "fence-sitter".She told Rex a few times that she didnt like his attitude but people just continued to hide behind the shes a fence sitter theory.Then at the start of the series Alex laid into Bex and the first person to stand up to Alex was Rachel when everybody else just sat on the fence and said nothing.Rachel then later in the diary room said that she doesnt like it when people bullied people.Then within a couple of weeks Bex was calling her names behind her back,the one person who stood up for her against Alex.So I was so happy Rachel won and a huge bonus is that every other evicted housemates were absolutely devastated and disgusted at Rachels victory.

There's pictures of Rex spread all across the newspaper this morning, getiing himself into a brawl at a nightclub because two girls turned him down (what a shame-NOT) just goes to prove i was right all along, he's a complete prat.
Yes he is a huge prat ,I thought he was going to win and you could see clearly that he was devastated at coming 4th.He thought he was better than Sara and Rachel which he couldnt understand.Didnt see the paper but you know he propably intended to get into the paper with his brawl.

At the end of the day Rachel was a worthy winner because everybody else in there were just horrible excuses for people.Rex was just plain nasty,Darnell was an ugly **** and he had the cheek to tell Sara she was ugly,Sara wouldnt have minded if she had won because she was funny and nice.I wouldnt have minded if Mikey had won because he was pure entertainment but Ive followed Rachel from day one and she had got a lot of bad treatment from all of the other housemates and she got through it all which shows her strong character.She was very opinionated,just because she didnt shout at everyone doesnt mean she was a "fence-sitter".She told Rex a few times that she didnt like his attitude but people just continued to hide behind the shes a fence sitter theory.Then at the start of the series Alex laid into Bex and the first person to stand up to Alex was Rachel when everybody else just sat on the fence and said nothing.Rachel then later in the diary room said that she doesnt like it when people bullied people.Then within a couple of weeks Bex was calling her names behind her back,the one person who stood up for her against Alex.So I was so happy Rachel won and a huge bonus is that every other evicted housemates were absolutely devastated and disgusted at Rachels victory.

Oh so we’re back on Big Brother.

Rachel was a very nice person, there’s no disputing that however I think the problem was that a lot of people simply didn’t find her entertaining. When you watch shows such as these you don’t watch it to simply see nice people you watch it for entertainment value. If everybody got along all the time it would be boring. People like drama. If you didn’t then you wouldn’t watch shows such as Home and Away.

The argument a lot of people used against Rachel was that she would “sit on the fence” and have strong opinions in the diary room. I’m not sure about this but I do remember a time when she nominated Lisa she said at least three times in the same nomination “I really don’t like living with Lisa”. Yet she didn’t really come across like that face-to-face.

Yes she did get a lot of bad treatment but it was clear that she was deliberately holding back because she wanted to avoid nominations. Some of the comments that Rex made to her there is no way that you wouldn’t react. It was only towards the end did she finally started to bite back.

I disagree about the remark about standing up to Alex as it was Rex not Rachel who in fact stood up to her.

Whether or not I thought she was entertaining there are two things to say in regards to her victory

1. I didn’t like the treatment that she received by Davina, as it was obvious that she was biased against her (If that had been Luke or Bex no doubt the interview would have been more favourable).

2. It was worth her winning just to see Luke’s reaction. Boy that must of hurt. :wink:

Slade I have to dissagree with you I think no matter who won the would have hust gone on to make prats of them selves in the eyes on the public but also just think BB hasent been finshed that long but who can remember who where are they all who is doing what because I read the mags and they have very quickly gone not to be seen again as I say every year five munuet wonders.

Oh so we’re back on Big Brother.

Rachel was a very nice person, there’s no disputing that however I think the problem was that a lot of people simply didn’t find her entertaining. When you watch shows such as these you don’t watch it to simply see nice people you watch it for entertainment value. If everybody got along all the time it would be boring. People like drama. If you didn’t then you wouldn’t watch shows such as Home and Away.

The argument a lot of people used against Rachel was that she would “sit on the fence” and have strong opinions in the diary room. I’m not sure about this but I do remember a time when she nominated Lisa she said at least three times in the same nomination “I really don’t like living with Lisa”. Yet she didn’t really come across like that face-to-face.

Yes she did get a lot of bad treatment but it was clear that she was deliberately holding back because she wanted to avoid nominations. Some of the comments that Rex made to her there is no way that you wouldn’t react. It was only towards the end did she finally started to bite back.

I disagree about the remark about standing up to Alex as it was Rex not Rachel who in fact stood up to her.

Whether or not I thought she was entertaining there are two things to say in regards to her victory

1. I didn’t like the treatment that she received by Davina, as it was obvious that she was biased against her (If that had been Luke or Bex no doubt the interview would have been more favourable).

2. It was worth her winning just to see Luke’s reaction. Boy that must of hurt. :wink:

Sorry Slade I think you are referring to a different argument with Alex.I am talking about the one in the first week when Bex burnt the chips,and Rex did NOT stand up to her he was AGREEING with her like a little puppet.Also When everybody was told they were allowed to discuss noninations Rachel and Lisa told each other they nommed each other every week.Also Even so she didnt like living with Lisa what would you expect her to do call Lisa names or fight with her.Well Rachel wouldnt do that because thats not her character.I do agree with you that Davina was very rude to Rachel after she was crowned winner.Did you see Big Mouth afterwards Davina went around to all the ex-housemates that she knew hated Rachel and asked them what they thought about Rachel winning when she knew they would say bad things about her.Yes it was good to see Luke,Bex,Jen,Dale,Sylvia and Mario very upset and fuming after she won

Archived