Isabel Lucas joins Transformers 2 cast

Guest Anaya

Spielberg eyes Far Norths acting star

9 May 2008

The Cairns Post

FAR Northern beauty Isabel Lucas is due to sign another Hollywood movie deal after catching the eye of Steven Spielberg when filming The Pacific.

A spokesman for Lucas agent, Meissner Management, said the starlet had been auditioning regularly during her time in the US.

But it was her work on the war epic filmed in the Far North that scored her latest role in the sequel to blockbuster movie Transformers.

Steven Spielberg saw her work in The Pacific and really pushed for her to get it, the spokesman said.

He is one of the producers of Transformers (2).

The spokesman said Lucas was likely to play a strong support role in the film.

He said the Australian talent agents felt excited about the young actors development, after discovering her at the Port Douglas markets several years ago.

Obviously its been a process, the spokesman said.

Its good to see that Isabel has remained focused and shes starting to bear the fruits of that now.

Shes got the emotional attributes required of an actor.

The spokesman described her as similar to actors Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman.

The more she works, she gets better, he said.

Its a learning process. Shell go far, I think.

Lucas is expected to return to Australia later this month to finalise her working visa.

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see former stars of H&A continue in their careers, as opposed to fading into oblivion. Tash wasn't my favourite character but she was a challenging role to play and I think Isabel did a really good job with her. It will be interesting to see her in other roles...

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if she'll take on rachel taylors role in transformers 2, seeing as rachel declined the role and there is a bit of resembalance between her and isabel, hmmm would be interesting.

Rachel_Taylor.jpg

I can see her taking over the role

I wonder if she'll take on rachel taylors role in transformers 2, seeing as rachel declined the role and there is a bit of resembalance between her and isabel, hmmm would be interesting.

Rachel_Taylor.jpg

I can see her taking over the role

I remember reading somewhere online that Isabel's character in the sequel will be called Alice, whereas Rachael was Maggie Madsen.

Archived