Lookalike (by Miranda) - comments

QUIET ACHIEVER

Hi Miranda.

I'm always happy to help you out with the character's dialogue to make it more Australian but so far you've done a marvellous job and I can't distinguish any English culture creeping into your fiction (to the best of my memory :unsure: ).

I'll even put the flame torch away... :P

Just let me know :D

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that QA :) I'm always worrying that I'll either slip into 'terribly posh Englishness' or 'fake stereotyped Australianisms' :lol:

You lot are giving me ideas for new stories: what if Tony Holden had a much younger girlfriend who became his wife? [a girlfriend who wasn't Lucas' girlfriend as well I mean :lol:] If it was a woman the same age as Jack? How would Jack and Lucas cope with a younger stepmum?

Anyway, I've written a bit more of Lookalike, but it might be my last for a while as I go back to work tomorrow :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been enjoying this fic and look forward to each new chapter with enthusiasm.

I like how you've included Mattie and Lucas chatting to Rachel the "agony aunt" and how Tony can talk opening about his love life with her.

It's interesting how Lewis got the chop - I hope that this new information will lead to either Ceri and/or Hugh coming to the hospital.

As for the stalker, I just hope that this won't overshadow the whole storyline but it's good that you are keeping up with current storylines and putting your own spin on things too.

Please update soon as I look forward to your fics and your writing style. :D

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome back to the fold Miranda! I've been missing this fic and I'm glad to see its return. I like the mystery surrounding the man-who-could-be-Hugh person. Rachel is such a classic in this chapter, from hiding in a supplies cupboard to being very distracted. I still have a feeling that Ceri will make an appearance sometime soon *hopes for a Ceri miracle to happen* but it would be great to see Hugh back on the hospital staff though.

Look forward to the next chapter as the mystery slowly unfolds.

Thanks for all the compliments, I'm really enjoying writing this, and getting all the constructive criticism from you all :D

Ceri is a popular character isn't he? I'm half glad and half sorry I invented him :lol:. Poor old Hugh will have to watch out: Ceri might appeal to Rachel more, who knows :whistle: :lol:

[your wish is my command :lol: ]
Thanks! :D I always enjoy reading your fic.

I really enjoyed the Brad, Rachel, Jack and Sam dinner scene very much - good to see Brad and Rachel in a scene together. Their hopes and dreams being explored was also a great insight too into their characters.

Rachel and her "woozy head" gave me a laugh.

It was good to see Hugh back, at least Rachel's imagination wasn't playing tricks on her this time. I wonder what will happen once he's back in South Africa again - will Ceri be "on loan" to the hospital because I'd like to see Hugh get a run for his money (that's if he's still got feelings for Rach). I am so glad that Ceri has become such a likeable character in your fiction.

I also look forward to the next enthralling installment of this marvellous fiction. :P

• 2 weeks later...