Tammin Sursok hits Hollywood heights

Guest **Julie**

Home and Away's Tammin Sursok hits Hollywood heights

Herald Sun

May 07, 2008

FORMER Home and Away actress Tammin Sursok has left Summer Bay far behind, and is now enjoying the lead role in a Hollywood film as well as recording her first album.

A YEAR ago Aussie talent Tammin Sursok was busy navigating her way through Hollywood and the strain of constantly being rejected by glitzy town's talent scouts.

Now the former Home and Away darling has been burning up the dance floor alongside Madonna's choreographer as leading lady in musical film Spectacular! and recording her first album since her debut offering Whatever Will Be three years ago.

"I think I am at least getting momentum in Los Angeles," the 24-year-old said in an American accent from the set of Spectacular! in Vancouver.

"America is really tough and the first year I came over I kept auditioning for so many things and I wasn't booking anything, which was hard. But now I have been back in the recording studio and getting taught routines by Madonna and Janet Jackson's choreographers. It's just ridiculous."

Adding to her appeal is a daytime Emmy Award nomination for her role as feisty Colleen Carlton in long-running US soap The Young And The Restless, after just nine months in the part.

Sursok suffered backlash from fans of The Young And The Restless after stepping into the role of an established character but said she ignored the taunts. She stars on Foxtel's W Channel on May 14.

A lot of actors who need to learn an accent speak in that accent all the time to practise. I read recently that Anna Friel stays in her American accent all the time she's on the set of Pushing Daisies. So Tammin might just be practising...although she could still be getting pretentious. :P

Yeah, she might just find it easier to speak in the accent for work if she retains it outside of work as well, instead of slipping between two accents all the time. Accents are picked up from being around people speaking in them all the time. If she is living in the U.S. for a few years now she would naturally pick up at least a bit of an accent. Some people think it's really fake, but I don't, I think its quite normal.

Home and Away's Tammin Sursok hits Hollywood heights

Adding to her appeal is a daytime Emmy Award nomination for her role as feisty Colleen Carlton in long-running US soap The Young And The Restless, after just nine months in the part.

I like Tammin, but her getting nominated...NOT deserved! <_<:blink:

Archived