Tammin Sursok's our hope for a daytime Emmy award

Guest .Teresa.

Tammin Sursok's our hope for a daytime Emmy award

From Sydney Confidential May 02, 2008 04:04am

SUMMER Bay may seem a long way from Hollywood, but former Home & Away pin-up Tammin Sursok has made a quick trip to the top of Tinseltown

Scoring her first daytime Emmy nomination yesterday, the soap siren was too busy on the set of her third feature film - a musical - to speak to Confidential.

While her nominated role for best younger actress in a drama series - playing Colleen Carlton on The Young and the Restless - hits the small screen locally, on W channel, next week, it's her movie moves which are set to make her a big star.

The 24-year-old is currently warbling her way through Spectacular!, set to rival international hit High School Musical.

Sursok also recently appeared opposite Harrison Ford and Sean Penn in Crossing Over.

Meanwhile, Bindi Irwin also got a nod from Emmy judges, winning a nomination for outstanding performance in a children's series.

Wow, congratulations Tammin! That's awesome :D. It's known far and wide that I hated the character of Dani, so this post might sound odd to some people, but Tammin really was - is - a good actress, and a daytime Emmy nomination is excellent news! She's doing herself and H&A proud :D

Congrats, Tammin! :D It's known far and wide that I loved the character of Dani, but it's great to see Tammin doing well in the US and being an Emmy nominated actress is quite a big accomplishment. To be honest, I'm suprised. I love Tammin, but Y&R hasn't really given her a big storyline in the year she has been on.

That's great news. Even if she doesn't win it's still a big step forward for her career. I really do think that Tammin has something special (I'd call it the 'x factor' if that phrase hadn't been completely consumed by the tv show of the same name :P). I'm not saying she's some sort of phenomenal talent, but there's something about her that strikes me as that little bit different. Sharni Vinson has the same quality, as does Isla Fisher, and look how far she's come. So I hope both Tammin and Sharni prove me right and do really well. :)

Yay, hope she wins. I'm not even Australian, but I'd be so proud of her if she won. I really hope Spectacular is a big hit as well. I can't say I'm a huge HSM-fan(although the fact I use initials probably makes me seem like one), so Spectacular probably won't float my boat, but if it does well it should be a huge career-boost for her - just look at how famous Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale have become.

Yeah go Tammin, when I found this out the other day I was so happy I was telling everyone. Hopfully now this has happened she'll get to be in some bigger movies. Soon Tammin's career will just explode with Crossing Over, Albino Farm and Spectacular! coming out it's going to be great. :D:D:D

I am very happy for her. She will be doing H&A proud, but I can't help but think that Tammin may be ashamed of her time on the show and would rather forget about it. She doesn't really have much nice to say about it in the interviews I've read with her. Maybe that's just the way she has come across? I dunno. Congrats, anyway! :D

Archived