British Soap Awards 2008

Guest I Love Mark Furze

Personally i think

Eastenders

desreved the award for best soap. The turnaround has been fantastic and the show now seems to be going from strength to strength.

Hollyoaks

too has had a brilliant year, whereas the likes of

Corrie and Emmerdale

haven't had the most amazing year storyline wise.

I'm not sure about

Max and Stacey's affair

winning best storyline. The climax was brilliant but it dragged on too long and personally i don't rate

Lacey Turner

as an actress (sorry to anyone who does i just don't). Also

Roxanne McKee

is gorgeous i just hope we don't have another Jessie Wallace winning the same award each year, as what i like about these awards is sometimes the most surprising candidate wins.

Have to disagree about Eastenders. It did pick up a bit around the beginning of the year, but it's gone downhill again recently. There are so many weak characters and pointless storylines that just seem to go round in circles. And they seem to have lost the ability to portray relationships - Ronnie and Jack, for example, could have been brilliant but they were ruined before they really got started. Ditto Minty and Hazel, Stacey and Bradley, Ian and Jane...the list goes on. In fact the only couple I really like at the moment is Billy and Honey, and now

they've gone and sacked her!

I do agree about Max and Stacey though. I could have understood them winning best episode for the Christmas revelation (although the Emmerdale cot-death was definitely a deserving winner), but the storyline as a whole was too drawn-out. It's still going on now for goodness' sake! As for the 'sexiest' awards, obviously Roxanne is beautiful but there are so many gorgeous girls in the soaps that deserve a chance. Personally I could never understand why Samia Smith didn't run away with it long ago! Sammy Winward from Emmerdale is another nominee who should have won one by now. But as far as the boys go you can't really beat Rob.

:wub: Those Hollyoaks boys are too pretty - I like my men to be men! :P

Archived