Tony Depreication Thread

Guest Zetti

He bugs me. Look what he's turning Rachel into. I know she's responsible for her behaviour but if he didn't rush everything with her she wouldn't feel so jealous and threatened by Jazz. How ironic that Rachel chose Tony on the grounds that Roman was too similar to Kim, when Tony is actually a lot more similar to Kim than Roman could ever be. I also hate how he was part of the reason that Sam was the one his son chose to marry, when clearly she wasn't the one he really wanted. If Tony hadn't stood in the way Sam might have never been strung along like that.

He bugs me. Look what he's turning Rachel into. I know she's responsible for her behaviour but if he didn't rush everything with her she wouldn't feel so jealous and threatened by Jazz. How ironic that Rachel chose Tony on the grounds that Roman was too similar to Kim, when Tony is actually a lot more similar to Kim than Roman could ever be. I also hate how he was part of the reason that Sam was the one his son chose to marry, when clearly she wasn't the one he really wanted. If Tony hadn't stood in the way Sam might have never been strung along like that.

Wasn't Tony the reason why Sam became the Sam you know and Love, or am I thinking of when she first came into it?

Wasn't Tony the reason why Sam became the Sam you know and Love, or am I thinking of when she first came into it?

I suppose you could see it like that, but I think it was a number of different factors that caused Sam's deterioration. Tony's just one of them, but he isn't fully responsible.

If only this thread had been around when Lucas was here lol.

I don't hate Tony at all, but I did hate the way he treated Lucas a lot of the time.

Right now I just think he's an idiot for choosing Rachel over Jazz and I don't know how much sympathy I'll have for him when Rachel inevitably destroys him like she destroyed Kim. It annoys me that I can't get Tony scenes now without having to see her <_<, but he does still have some nice moments with Jazz, like last night :)

He has been a bit boring lately, but Tony's never been an action-packed character. He's more suited to the fatherly role (even if he SUX at being Lucas' father!) but now that both his own kids have abandoned him (Luc physically, Jack emotionally) and all the Hunters are long gone (when's the last time he actually spoke to Mattie?) he's stuck being the poor fool who somehow thinks that Rachel is going to do something other than chew him up, maybe get a kid out of him, and then spit him out again with the demand that he have nothing to do with HER child. I can see it all now :rolleyes:

Still, I don't think any of that warrants a hate thread for Tony. He's just... not doing much, that's all.

I can't believe I have actually shown my face in here..... nevermind I am here now :P

I know this is meant to be a depreciation thread but I feel I need to stick up for my man! I am not totally blind, I can see people's point of view about some of the things he has done.

Yes he got involved in the Sam/Jack/Martha saga when he should have stayed out of it. But at the end of the day he was only thinking about what would make his son happy. Is that wrong? He didn't know Sam was a psycho!!

He wasn't totally supportive of Lucas at times regarding his writing but I think on the whole he is a good Dad. And I think Lucas would agree seeing as he wrote about him in his book and it sounded like he was portrayed in a positive light.

I don't see how he is changing Rachel - she seems to be the same person she always was. Yes they are rushing things regarding marriage but I suspect that could be for a reason. <_<

I know I look at HotDad through rose tinted specs but I think there is nothing basically wrong with the character a little good writing wouldn't fix. He had a terrible first year on the show when he was given absolutely nothing to do other than Lucas's rebellion thing. Then Beth died and he was finally given something 'meaty'. At the time most people were very complimentary about Tony as a character and Jon's acting ability. Since then there has been some good stuff... Naomi and the trouble it caused with Lucas and Mattie, his grief over Beth, his relationship with Jazz, Jack being in a coma, the development of Tachel and more recently dealing with the Sam/Jack fiasco. Characters can't be totally on the go all the time they have to have their 'downtime' where they disappear into the background. I personally am not complaining as anything is better than 2006! I remember having 'Please give Tony a storyline' as my sig for over a year!!

There are things happening next week which I won't mention which I am really looking forward to so hopefully he may win a few people over. :wink: There is also great potential with future storyline but it depends on the writers at the end of the day. :)

I'll be offski now I think! :ph34r:

He wasn't totally supportive of Lucas at times regarding his writing but I think on the whole he is a good Dad. And I think Lucas would agree seeing as he wrote about him in his book and it sounded like he was portrayed in a positive light.

That's just because Lucas is smart enough to know that people aren't perfect and his dad was doing his best. Even if his best did suck <_<

We should be able to discuss negative attributes of a character without fans jumping all over us. Karena, you're entitled to stick up for 'your man' but that's what the appreciation thread is for. I did like Tony once upon a time too but this is a deprecation thread and I need a place to vent without HotDad fans trying to convert me.

I haven't liked Tony for awhile now. Ever since he interferred with the whole Jack/Martha/Sam triangle, I've lost all respect for him. I know he didn't force Jack to marry Sam, but his meddling contributed to a lot of unecessary heartache. I just wish he'd let his children make their own mistakes. How else are they supposed to learn if daddy dearest is always trying to protect them.

And the whole Tachel situation. Am I the only one that finds this wrong, forced and fake?! I can't stand the two of them together. Maybe because they're not my favourite characters. It was a little hypocritical of him to tell Jack that he shouldn't be rushing things with Martha and his job, when that night he proposed to his girlfriend of a couple of months. It's just wrong. They're so boring with each other, it puts me into a coma.

Jazz on the other hand was perfect for him. He was fun and she was good for him until he ruined that relationship, scaring her trying to get her to commit. Come on dude, give the girl a break, she just separated from her husband and was trying to bond with her son. And here he was trying to push the relationship along. I think he's just desperate sometimes to be with someone, hence the fast engagement with Rachel. I'm waiting for Jazz to steal him back. I hope she turns up to the wedding, if it does go ahead, and takes her man back. I love to see the look on Miss 'I can't do any wrong and I'm better than everyone'.

Unless he goes back to the days when he first arrived, then I can't see my love for him returning anytime soon.

Archived